“Poor Sunday Brunch”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 July 2012

his is for Sunday Brunch only. The rest of the property looks very nice and they do a ton of weddings with good reviews, so if that's what you're looking for, please don't take my review personally for that kind of visit.

Now, for the review of "Brunch".

My family is in from out of town and I thought it would be nice to take them for a Sunday BRUNCH. Well, this isn't a brunch, it's breakfast with 1 lunch item, a slab of farmed atlantic salmon.

We had a reservation, and the moment we arrived, we asked if we could sit outside, since we saw a nice table empty, but were told there was no seating left, so we sat at a little table near the buffet table. The hour we were there, we kept looking out at the set table outside sitting empty, even after we left., an hour later.

Upon looking at the "buffet", I was embarrassed for my family. Scrambled Eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes and salmon. There was a small omelet/waffle bar, that's it.... oh, and a few pastries and some kind of sad looking fruit.

Now, I must say that the breakfast food was very good, especially the bacon, although after the potatoes ran out, they brought out some standard hash browns. bleh. And as another person noted, no bread. "Sorry, we don't have any". Really? no bread with breakfast? Coffee was pump thermos'... self serve, over on the side being set up for the wedding.

The place is very nice. I wouldn't call it rustic, as it's a little plain, but nice nonetheless.

Service was OK. teenage waitress' were relatively attentive, but lacking experience.

bottom line. If this was $12.95 or less, and described as breakfast, I would be fine with it. But $19.95, and advertised as brunch is misleading.

This place seems to be focused on weddings as there was alot of hubub in the next room, coming thru the dining area, and around the grounds.. I get that, fine... but maybe you should not be open to the public unless you make them feel at little more important. They are spending money, too.

Mountain Springs, you should be embarrassed. Please try a little harder and figure out what you want to do. Breakfast, brunch, public, private... and advertise/price it accordingly. It seems very confused.

We are local, and like to support local business', and might be willing to try for dinner.... but it's going to be difficult to commit more money after this disappointing experience.

1  Thank mtnmanlives

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Loved the setting and ambiance of the Lodge - we visited three concurrent winters for the Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride - but please change the menu for repeat visitors!

1  Thank muttley56uk
Reviewed 13 December 2009

Don't let the location worry you, it's a 20 minute drive from Leavenworth and well worth it. Maybe a bit longer in snow, but it's a beautiful drive through the valley where a gorgeous log cabin lodge awaits you and your appetite, grab a sleigh ride too! They serve fabulous made to order omelettes, bacon, sausage, pastries, potatoes, fruit and more, it's simply fantastic.... It's become a tradition for our family to visit, 3 years now. Sit in front of the huge stone fireplace, sip your coffee and gaze out on the amazing scenery through the floor to ceiling glass windows. Don't miss it!