“We loved it and we'll be back!”
Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed at the Lodge on Labor Day. When we arrived we were greeted very enthusiatically and made to feel like family returning home. The Lodge was warmly decorated and made me feel like I would like to sit in the lobby and just visit. Our room was a wonderful surprise. We were greeted by a cute little stuffed bear on the bed, inviting throw pillows and sued-like bed covers. The beds had pillow top mattresses and were incredibly comfortable. There was a microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge and they not only provided shampoo, soap and conditioner, but there was a small copper container with q-tips and facial puffs!

They provide a breakfast that was quite good! There were waffles, breakfast burritos, cereal, oatmeal, bread, scones and english muffins, plus fruit, coffee, milk and tea ( I think I have it all!).

All in all a great stay and we will return again at the next opportunity.

Room Tip: We did ask if they had a military discount, which they do. It was 10%. Very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank castledm

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Great location, large clean rooms but it is the staff that really are the reason to stay here. I arrived early in the morning after a week long bike trip where we had been camping. When I walked in I must have looked like a homeless guy, hauling two bags and a chair.

They were sorry my room was not available (it was really early and who would expect a room to be vacant) but stored my stinking bags and fixed meup with a coffee.

The stay only went uphill from there. The room was great, breakfast included eggs and there was tons of hot water (I needed it).

Oh, when my wife arrived we were able to park the car, a good thing in a busy town.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Rollieherman
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We were welcomed very warmly and checked into our room. The room was very clean and the decor was charming. Breakfast the following morning was absolutely beyond our expectations. The only low point in the stay was that the hot tub was a bit cold - a problem not worth mentioning all other things considered. We will be back!

1  Thank melissa451
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This was a great hotel! We picked it based on trip advisor ratings. It was so great being right in town, we walked across the street to shops and restaurants several times a day. On a busy August weekend I noticed others struggling to find parking and I'm glad we did not have to deal with that. The front desk staff was always friendly and in a good mood. I appreciated the little extras like always having ice water out. It was HOT! And being able to check out DVDs at no charge. The breakfast was wonderful. My one complaint is that I read the web site description of the breakfast and got really excited to wake up to fresh baked cinnamon rolls but they never had them. There were plenty of other choices though.

1  Thank KVacationgirl
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Great hotel, nice decoration, room clean and confortable. Complete breakfast. i,ll be back

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This was our second time staying here. It is quiet, CLEAN, staff are friendly. We had a nice big room for our family of 4 with lovely Bavarian decor and wonderful beds. Plus they serve the BEST complimentary breakfast we've ever experienced. We stay in a lot of hotels that serve breakfasts and this is so wonderful, I'd stay just for the breakfast! They served breakfast burritos, potatoes, bratwurst, homemade scones (delicious!!) and biscuits plus dishes of yogurt and granola. Simply amazing!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here for our 10th Anniversary and had such a great experience. The service was really spectacular. The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved our room. It was clean, spacious with a comfortable bed. The hotel is across the street from downtown and all the great shops in Leavenworth. We had a great view of the mountains too. This is the best place to stay in Leavenworth for sure!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the top floor which was very private with views!