“Autumn Leaf Festival”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Sunnyside, Washington
“Autumn Leaf Festival”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We have been going to the Autumn Leaf Festival in Leavenworth, WA for over 25 years now. Have been staying at the Bavarian Lodge the last four years. Very handy as it just across Hiway 2 from the downtown area where everything happens. Breakfasts are very good - great selection. Just like a full menu at a good restaurant. If cost is of concern the rooms on the back side of the hotel are less but only a view of the parking lot. Front rooms have a view of the downtown area and are great. Rooms pretty much identical except for the view. We always enjoy our visit there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Redmond, WA
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have stayed at the Bavarian Lodge several times. The decor is delightful and you'll love the teddy bear on your bed. Rooms are good size, clean and comfy. Excellent location right across the street from the main square. Breakfasts are really good with a good selection of both hot and cold dishes. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DianeKS
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Wow - this staff is something great. I had a big trip planned to stay at this property for two nights. I came in from Colorado, and I didn't know that the entire Leavenworth area was on fire. Literally -I couldn't get my breath. Upon arriving in town, the smoke from the wildfires was making me sick. Did the staff at the Bavarian Lodge try to "jam" me up on some cancellation policy? NO THEY DIDN'T. They may have been able to blast me with some cancellation fee, but they didn't. Mary at the front desk was totally cool, and understood that I couldn't take the smoke. Although the wildfires messed up this visit - I'll be back - and I'll be staying here because these folks do the right thing and treat people right. Thanks Mary.

2 Thank Tom M
Cypress, California
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Due to the wildfires and smoke in Leavenworth, we had to cancel our trip due to health concerns. The Lodge graciously returned our deposit without penalty and were most helpful and kind. We certainly will plan to stay at the Bavarian Lodge in the future.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2012

After spending a few hours driving through wildfire ravaged Washington state, pulling into the Bavarian Lodge parking lot changed my day. The Snow-cat and Unimog, blended in with all the nice flowers gave me the feeling we were heading somewhere special, and I was right. This Hotel is fantastic, a perfect setting. From our Town view room we could hear the Music and smell the Bratwursts. The room was spotless and the decor gave us a cozy, homey feel. later on I sat in the outdoor hot tub and did a little star gazing.......very cool place.

Room Tip: its a little noisier, but take the street side rooms.
Seattle
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This lodge, in a quaint but touristy town, was roomy, comfortable, and well appointed. The staff was genuinely helpful, warm and friendly; my partner and I felt they were actually happy that we were there; a day later down the road, the next abode's staff made us feel like they were doing us a favor to check us in to their room near Chelan. This shed such a contrasting light on the Bavarian Lodge. We would definitely return.

Rock Island, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 September 2012

this was the first stop on our road trip (cascade loop) and after checking in and gettin the tag for car window we headed out to shop and eat...hotel person called me said someone has hit your car. yes thats right a rental to boot. was 6 hours of police reports and phone calls and a complete ruined first day. the Bavarian Lodge folks were the nicest and most supportive and helpful in my time of need. no words to express my gratitude. they gave us discount and we had an amazing room. so beautiful and clean and the view was awesome of downtown leavenworth. it was an aweful day made so much better by the bavarian folks and lodge. i would deff stay here again if im ever in the area!!!

Room Tip: deff go for the town view not the mountain view!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family