“Wonderful place!”
Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My sister and her family have been staying at the Bavarian Lodge for years and have always wanted the rest of our family to join them. This year we were able to do that, there were 23 of us total (13 of them children between the ages of 3 and 14) and we had a wonderful time. The staff was more than welcoming, the rooms were very clean, and the location was perfect. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the lodge. The breakfast was absolutely amazing! My husband and I have stayed at SEVERAL hotels over the years with our 4 children and we all agree that this was by far the best complimentary breakfast we have ever had. We were all very impressed with how "family friendly" the lodge is, there are games, books, and movies in the lobby that you are able to borrow while you enjoy your stay. Hot chocolate, tea, coffee, ice water...are also there for you to help yourselves.The heated pool was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone as well.
I also want to mention that when we returned home we realized we had left a few things behind. I called the lodge and they shipped our belongings to us that day. We appreciate that soooo much!
We all had such a wonderful time at the lodge that we plan on returning there every year- all 23 of us!:)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I worked in the hotel business for ten years. 5 Star Manor House in the English Countryside, Holiday Inn Express in Kansas, Beachfront MegaResort on Captiva Island. I've got an idea on how a hotel should be run and the Bavarian Lodge does it right.

Excellent location. Okay, so maybe it's not on the river, but it IS right across from town square. Where it ALL is happening. Good off-street parking. Friendly staff to great you and help you with local questions.

Excellent room, we had a Turret Suite. The only thing we could think of to improve the room would have been a larger closet, but then we were traveling on our motorcycles and had lots of gear.

Great breakfast. Beautiful building. Just wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Great service from friendly and efficient staff, a welcoming and comfortable environment, and a large guest room with comfy beds and linens. All contributed to a fun time on a first visit to this charming Central Washington town. The included breakfast exceeded my expectations, and was better in quality and variety than most hotels offer. I appreciated the good coffee and the option to drink it from a ceramic mug (rather than a paper cup). One of many extra touches that make this a good choice. Comfortable lobby seating areas; wish someone would have come along to play the grand piano when I was there. Rocking chairs on the front porch are a plus.

Room Tip: I am glad I chose a room facing the mountains/neighborhood, which was a less expensive option, but I...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

When my Mother and I arrived, we were welcomed with a helping hand at my vehicle. My mother is not strong and they took her on their arm and helped her up to the room. Staff was so warm and helpful even offering us umbrellas while we were there. The room was BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful view over the town. We were delighted with the fireplace and the entire set up of the room. Coffee, tea and water were available 24 hr/day. I will look to stay here again as my first choice and I would recommend the Bavarian Lodge to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We arrived in Leavenworth a little earlier than planned and Kim allowed us to check in early since our room was ready. We received a very warm and friendly reception from the front desk. Very eager to answer questions and give suggestion of where to visit first. This hotel was in a great location and within walking distance of all the shops. We stayed on the fourth floor facing the town and it was very quiet. The room was extremely spacious and very clean; the bed was king size and very comfy. I usually have a hard time with getting a good night's sleep on a hotel bed but this was different, felt like home which was a plus!
They have complimentary Starbucks coffee and fresh cucumber water available all the time and offer a newspaper in the morning as well. The complimentary breakfast buffet was nice & hardy, a little something for everyone.
Thank you Bavarian Lodge for making our first trip to Leavenworth a good one, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We received a great welcome on arrival with good advice on where to go for dinner. Our room is soooo comfortable. Lots of room and comfy beds you can just sink into. Facilities are great... Tea coffee cocoa available in reception , free DVDs which the kids loved... Pool and hot tub would be good too sadly we won't have time ... Great location right across the road to the Main Street with shops restaurants etc...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Nmum_07
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I decided to take a quick trip to Leavenworth and we fell in love with the atmosphere, cleanliness and location of the Bavarian Lodge. The staff was very welcoming, the complimentary breakfast was wonderful and we are looking forward to coming back later in the year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple