“Repeat Performance”
Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 23 January 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Bavarian Lodge in 2007. Since then we have tried to get back, but just were not able to schedule it around work demands. BUT . . . I have just booked a night for February, and we are really looking forward to it.

The hotel is immaculate, the rooms have everything you might need, and the general atmosphere is wonderful. I can hardly wait.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Plateaufamily

Reviewed 1 January 2009

WOW! The Bavarian Lodge is the place to stay. I have never been to a hotel that is so accommodating in so many ways. All of the staff from the hotel manager to the girls who run the amazing free breakfast seems to love to serve and make every interaction with customers a surprisingly pleasant experience. You know the feeling when you ask for something and you are expecting to hear, “I’m sorry we don’t…” Well, I just don’t get that at the Bavarian Lodge. We bring our 7 children to Leavenworth every Christmas along with other extended family and friends. We had 17 in all and everyone felt pampered and were so blown away, that we all reserved for next Christmas.
The thing that speaks to my extreme satisfaction are the things that they have thought of ahead of time. (Mp3 adapter in the room, fork splitting the English muffins Whoa, who does that??, when I serve up my eggs and potatoes, I glance up and there it is; Tabasco, heated entry way cement, windshield scrapers if needed at the door, raw sugar for my coffee, and really good coffee and I am a coffee snob)
I have also brought two retreats for couple from my church with confidence that they would have similar experiences. So the Bavarian lodge is a real winner. My only hesitation for writing this review is that you will like what you hear and book your rooms when I want to stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank Kimo777
Reviewed 1 January 2009

We have been going to Christmas tree lighting in Leavenworth, WA for the last five years in a row. It is one of the best things Washington state has to offer for a quick cost effective family get away.

Each year we have stayed in a different hotel, trying to find one that was just perfect. This year we found it!

Bavarian Lodge is located right in the heart of Leavenworth, all of the festvities the tree lighting festivle has to offer is just steps outside of your hotel room. The hotel has both city side and mountian side view rooms that are very cozy to say the least.

The tree lighting ceremony can be viewed right from your cityside room, avoiding standing out in the 4 degree weather.

When we arrived at Bavarian Lodge to check in it was like walking into Christmas heaven, the staff(Sally, Kent, and Kim) were just amazing, the most friendly people by far. The dress they wore was holiday appropriate almost like Santa placed them there him self!

The staff quickly checked us in and got us right up to our room. The hotel staff also has plenty of suggestions of fun things to do and each room has a calander with all of the activites for the entire month of December.

The rooms are beautiful and the beds are amazingly comfortable. We had no negitives experiences our entire trip with this hotel.

Dont be fooled Christmas tree lighting in Leavenworth has become so popular reservations are needed 1 year in advance!!!! Bavarian Lodge gives you the oportunity to "renew" your same room for the following year before it is offered for sale to the public. Once you secure a room in this hotel you are all set.

Thanks Bavarian Lodge for a Magical Christmas!!!
Brian, Cyndie & Sam

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank cyndie802001
Reviewed 27 December 2008

Positives - Great location, walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. The breakfast was ok.

Negatives - I expected a greater experience for the $208 I spent for one night. The beds were not very comfortable and noisy. Our room was next to the lobby so we were awakened early by running and yelling kids in the lobby and dining areas. Next, we had no hot water, not even warm water in the morning. I went to the receptionist and was told in a non-caring manner the that the water was 6 degrees coming out of the ground and that the demand is high in the mornings. First, I'm no physicist but I know water freezes at 32. Second, its obvious to me the hotel water heater is in need of repair or undersized. They could have told me something sensible like that instead of some line of bs. Definately not worth the money we spent.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hotelleo
Reviewed 11 December 2008

The Bavarian Lodge is a newer hotel located along Highway 2, and is directly across the street from the pavilion/park area in downtown Leavenworth (i.e. the sledding hill!) Leavenworth is Christmas-town in WA, and the busy season here is late Nov-Dec. There are two types of room in the lodge, mountain view and village view. Village view are the premier rooms, because you get the view of the Leavenworth Christmas lights, and you will also get a mountain view; great views of the Stuart Range can be seen behind the village and off to the west.

We stayed here the weekend before the town decorates for Christmas (mid-Nov), and thereby saved ourselves $100.00 in room prices, in addition to having the town nearly to ourselves. On the down-side, the town was only partially lit-up with Christmas lights.

Pros to Bavarian Lodge-
1. Central Location. The main shopping district of town is directly across the street, as is the coffee store!
2. New decor, tastefully done in a rustic theme. Very much to 'my' taste. I like a Pacific Northwest/cabin decor.
3. Friendly staff.
4. Free DVD borrowing, with a large selection.
5. Free beverage service in the wonderfully appointed great room, main floor of the Inn.
6. GREAT breakfast! Serve yourself, but the dining room is very nice (looks formal), and the selection of breakfast foods was outstanding.
7. Low cost during non-tourist season.

Cons to Bavarian Lodge-
1. Cost is high during tourist season---but then so is everything else in town. I like this place better than any other place on the 'main strip' (i.e. directly off of Highway 2.)
2. The Lodge is across the street from the main shopping district, so although the proximity is great, you still have to cross a busy highway with no nearby lights/crosswalks. This can be tricky during tourist season when the traffic is heavier.
3. I found the bed to be uncomfortable. I had a hard time sleeping. I normally like a firm mattress, but this one was too firm. My husband found it 'okay', though.

We traveled there with two young children (5 & 3) on a whim, and the staff nicely accommodated us as a last minute reservation in a great room. We will definitely come back, many times!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank rocks_for_brains
Reviewed 30 November 2008

This is without a doubt one of the best hotels we have every stayed in. Apon arrival, the front desk was helpful and acomodating. We booked a room overlooking the town and were more than pleased with our view. The room was spacious, clean and the beds were so comfortable. I loved the bath robes in the room. The breakfast in the morning is one of the best complimentary breakfasts we have ever had. The variety is great and everything was so fresh. We are already planning our next trip to Leavenworth and can't wait to stay at the Bavarian Lodge!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Ktown5
Reviewed 25 November 2008

It was hard to leave and I can’t wait to go back. The room was warm and cozy and absolutely the most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel room. Plenty of towels and much to my surprise a nice bath robe. Our room was immaculately clean as was the rest of the place inside and out. The breakfast buffet had something for everyone with plenty of sitting and again incredibly clean. Checking in and out was easy and pleasant as the staff was friendly and very helpful. At check-in we received a map of Leavenworth with a restaurant guide. For shopping the lodge is located conveniently within walking distance to everything. We were on the 2nd floor with a view of Leavenworth all decked out in Christmas lights. Leavenworth is beautiful and if you go, the Bavarian Lodge is the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple