“Heart of this lovely town-Magnificent Location”
Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Portland, Oregon
“Heart of this lovely town-Magnificent Location”
Reviewed 24 June 2009

As they say-Location, location, location and the Bavarian Lodge is it....First of all--Watch out that you book at the Bavarian Lodge..there are lots of Bavarian etc in this German theme village and the success of the Lodge has made other hotels choose similar names! There was a big difference between where we were and other places.
We had a family reunion at the Lodge and the Boyd Family, who runs the place, met every expectation and requirement.
We were able to book at both their hotels-the Linderhof, down the street for families with children and shared rooms at a less costly price (check out their townhouses for a real value for a large group), as well as at the Bavarian Lodge for others.
They have a wonderful buffet breakfast with great food, several conference rooms-we booked one for the gathering-a pool and jacuzzi and lux rooms. Everything is uber clean and the staff is helpful and friendly.
I can't say enough about our experience-and there is so much to do in the town. Hiking, sightseeing, white water rafting, walking on paths and boutique shopping.
The Lodge owners also have 2 shops that carry many of the unique object de art that you see in the Lodge as well as unique clothing.
We will be back to Leavenworth and this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I wanted to splurge a little for an anniversary trip and this place did not disappoint. Others sum it up so well: Lovely place, easy to find, very nice staff. If on Mountain side, ask for 3rd or 4th floor. Nice to have (good!) coffee, tea, internet and a cozy place to read in the lobby available 24 hrs. Room was 3rd floor King Mtn. view and it was lovely. Spacious, clean and comfortable. My wife is particular and usually brings her own blanket and pillow on our road trips, and this was the only place that she said, 'nah, just leave them in the car' because she was so impressed with the comfy bed and linens. Great location, wonderful amenities, super breakfast, kind staff. Well deserving of its good marks!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Olympia
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We have been coming every year since they opened and we love it. The staff is always friendly, lobby is beautiful and the breakfast is outstanding. There is no waiting in line to enjoy the food or fighting over the tables as we have experienced at one of the other hotels in Leavenworth that offer a breakfast. It is especially relaxing if you are an early riser, you can enjoy your meal, sip some coffee and read the paper by the fireplace. The location could not be better, all you have to do is walk across the street and there you are. Only one time did we have a problem with a noisy neighbor and the front desk actually took care of it ! That usually never happens. The mountain view rooms on the second floor are basically a view of the parking lot so if that matters to you then be sure and request at least floor 3. Best place to stay in Leavenworth.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Spokane
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Upon arrival at the easy-to-find hotel, we were greeted with friendly front desk staff. They did everything they could to make sure we had what we needed from the basics of where to park to local dining recommendations.

The room was nicely decorated and very clean. We especially loved the body lotion that had organic aloe vera in it. We used it after we spent the day in the sun! The hotel has a nice pool and hot tub, although we didn't get a chance to use either.

The breakfast boasts of an extraordinary variety, even for those who are a little bit more difficult to please.

If you are outgoing at all, ask the front desk to take your picture with the over-sized bear in the lobby.

This is a hotel where I can honestly say, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Monicakzhang
Coaldale, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Everyone's review is correct. Lovely from the outside, and beautiful inside also. Had a king guestroom, mountain view, 4th floor. The room was huge and had every thing you need. Even robes hanging in the closet. I agree with a previous review, if you are on the "mountain side" (cheaper) of the hotel, get a higher floor. There is the pool and patio beneath you, and it can be noisy at night. The breakfast is great, very big dining area to eat also. Staff was friendly, at least the female desk clerks. All in all a good place to stay, right in the middle of Leavenworth.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nwtraveler16
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Spent three days here over the Memorial Day weekend. We've driven by this hotel for a few years and because of the Bavarian design we assumed it was probably built in the '70s. Wrong. This is a very new and modernly appointed hotel. In fact, the person who did the decorating deserves an award of some kind. Warm, charming, welcoming, casual humor, this place was just terrific.

Room was spotless. Shower had pressure on the 4th floor - although I am 6'4" and can never understand why they mount shower heads at 5'9". I am a victim of tall discrimintation. :-)

The breakfast was lovely but most of all the staff of the hotel go out of their way to be helpful. They helped us explore the area with trail and forest service road information. They printed maps and made recommendations that all panned out just great!

We will make a stay at this hotel a tradition now and I am already looking forward to our next visit. For a small town and mom-and-pop owners, this hotel surpassed my expectations at every level. It is better than most of the 5-star Hilton hotels that I have stayed at around the world. Just a great experience!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Randal S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We read great reviews but when we went to check in late at night we were greeted by an un-friendly associate. It was 10 or 11 at night and we have 3 kids, and we were greeted with no emotion and there's more. We decided at the last moment to add a second room...we have 3 kids. The woman checking us in quoted me a 2nd room for $112 a night. I said okay. When we got the bill at check out, the first night was $112, but the second night was either $142, or $152. I didn't argue, I just gave them my feedback that that is not what I was told and left. I'm not going to argue over $40...but this was not the only thing I noticed about price. When I made the original reservation over the phone I was quoted a rate for a room facing the village. I was fine paying more for the room facing the village. When I was checking in, the woman asked me for the ages of my children. I asked why. She said if they were over 13, they would add a $15 fee (I think she said $15). Well, my kids aren't over 13, but nobody said anything about this over the phone during the reservation process. Had my oldest daughter been over 13 (she's 12) and if they had added money to my bill...that would have been just wrong. They clearly didn't communicate this to me.
Okay...breakfast was great and location was great. The room was a decent size and clean... it felt like a 3 star Holiday Inn. If you want the best location in town, this is it.
The pool is small but good for the kids.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family