“The best”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Stafford, CT
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

Our family was lucky enough to find this beautiful lodge while in WA. We have done a lot of traveling throughout the US and this has to be the best place we have ever stayed. Our two teenage boys could not stop with the positive comments about the room and the hotel. We have stayed in many highly rated locations and this beats them all.
I don;t know where to begin but the bedding, bath and everything else in the room were superb. The free breakfast the next day was topnotch!
Our only regret was that we didn't stay an additional night...but on the road again!
The village of Leavenworth has so much to do and if I wasn't from the East coast I would make it a point to visit during one of the many festivals in the village.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

The lodge is very beautiful inside and out - No sign of anything needeing to be repaired. They have this huge clock in their parking lot, which is kind of cool. The lobby is amazing - made to look like an upscale cabin in the woods. The place is immaculate - no trace of dust or dirt anywhere. We got checked in quickly and the staff was fairly friendly. I will admit I was concerned about our room because we had gotten the last room available which was on the ground floor next to the breakfast room and public restrooms, but it turned out to be as quiet as can be.

When I walked in the room, I was pleased with the size - quite large. The beds were comfy and the room was clean and everything was ready to go. I was impressed by the in-room microwave, small coffee pot with starbucks coffee packets and fridge. There was a lot of drawer and closet space as well. The TV was a nice size and there was a nice book describing your options at the hotel during your stay as well as a list of restaurants given to me by the staff. There was also the option of checking out complimentary DVD's. They also had complimentary Q-tips and make-up remover pads - I'll admit, I've never seen that before! They also provided a hair dryer and iron and ironing board. The shampoo and conditioner I found to be drying and not great for my hair - people who like super natural stuff will most likely like it though. The WiFi connection was pretty good - only had trouble with it once.

I was excited to try the big breakfast that people were raving about in reviews. Maybe I'm picky, but I didn't think it was all that. The one cool thing was that they had cups of waffle batter ready to go so you could make your own waffle - they were yummy and huge! However, it would have been nice to have some other topping options - not just maple syrup. Over all though, I was disappointed with the variety adn choices. There weren't many choices at all and it was pretty repetative. Hardly any pastries. They did make an awesome jug of coffee though! Even though I was expecting more, what I did eat tasted OK. They did make awesome ham and sausage! However, I found the people in charge of clearing trays to be somewhat rude. They would practically stand over you as it came close to closing time and were just waiting to snatch trays from you. My husband took out his BlackBerry and one of the staff took it as a sign that he was finished - he still had half of his food on his plate! When I'm paying good money for a hotel, I expect better than that.

The pools and hot tubs were heated well and very clean.

Overall, I would recommend staying here, but be aware that the breakfast doesn't really come with a large variety of choices and that the kitchen staff is somewhat pushy. The hotel is right across form all of the main attractions, so it has a great location.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

As they say-Location, location, location and the Bavarian Lodge is it....First of all--Watch out that you book at the Bavarian Lodge..there are lots of Bavarian etc in this German theme village and the success of the Lodge has made other hotels choose similar names! There was a big difference between where we were and other places.
We had a family reunion at the Lodge and the Boyd Family, who runs the place, met every expectation and requirement.
We were able to book at both their hotels-the Linderhof, down the street for families with children and shared rooms at a less costly price (check out their townhouses for a real value for a large group), as well as at the Bavarian Lodge for others.
They have a wonderful buffet breakfast with great food, several conference rooms-we booked one for the gathering-a pool and jacuzzi and lux rooms. Everything is uber clean and the staff is helpful and friendly.
I can't say enough about our experience-and there is so much to do in the town. Hiking, sightseeing, white water rafting, walking on paths and boutique shopping.
The Lodge owners also have 2 shops that carry many of the unique object de art that you see in the Lodge as well as unique clothing.
We will be back to Leavenworth and this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

I wanted to splurge a little for an anniversary trip and this place did not disappoint. Others sum it up so well: Lovely place, easy to find, very nice staff. If on Mountain side, ask for 3rd or 4th floor. Nice to have (good!) coffee, tea, internet and a cozy place to read in the lobby available 24 hrs. Room was 3rd floor King Mtn. view and it was lovely. Spacious, clean and comfortable. My wife is particular and usually brings her own blanket and pillow on our road trips, and this was the only place that she said, 'nah, just leave them in the car' because she was so impressed with the comfy bed and linens. Great location, wonderful amenities, super breakfast, kind staff. Well deserving of its good marks!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Olympia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

We have been coming every year since they opened and we love it. The staff is always friendly, lobby is beautiful and the breakfast is outstanding. There is no waiting in line to enjoy the food or fighting over the tables as we have experienced at one of the other hotels in Leavenworth that offer a breakfast. It is especially relaxing if you are an early riser, you can enjoy your meal, sip some coffee and read the paper by the fireplace. The location could not be better, all you have to do is walk across the street and there you are. Only one time did we have a problem with a noisy neighbor and the front desk actually took care of it ! That usually never happens. The mountain view rooms on the second floor are basically a view of the parking lot so if that matters to you then be sure and request at least floor 3. Best place to stay in Leavenworth.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

Upon arrival at the easy-to-find hotel, we were greeted with friendly front desk staff. They did everything they could to make sure we had what we needed from the basics of where to park to local dining recommendations.

The room was nicely decorated and very clean. We especially loved the body lotion that had organic aloe vera in it. We used it after we spent the day in the sun! The hotel has a nice pool and hot tub, although we didn't get a chance to use either.

The breakfast boasts of an extraordinary variety, even for those who are a little bit more difficult to please.

If you are outgoing at all, ask the front desk to take your picture with the over-sized bear in the lobby.

This is a hotel where I can honestly say, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Monicakzhang
Coaldale, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

Everyone's review is correct. Lovely from the outside, and beautiful inside also. Had a king guestroom, mountain view, 4th floor. The room was huge and had every thing you need. Even robes hanging in the closet. I agree with a previous review, if you are on the "mountain side" (cheaper) of the hotel, get a higher floor. There is the pool and patio beneath you, and it can be noisy at night. The breakfast is great, very big dining area to eat also. Staff was friendly, at least the female desk clerks. All in all a good place to stay, right in the middle of Leavenworth.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple