“I wish I was still there!”
Review of Bavarian Lodge

Bavarian Lodge
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Leavenworth
Seattle, WA
“I wish I was still there!”
Reviewed 24 January 2010

The Bavarian Lodge was absolutely perfect.

The location is great. We pulled into town, immediately found the hotel, parked, and enjoyed the day on foot. The staff were very helpful and friendly, even providing a late night snack! The rooms were absolutely beautiful. I loved the colors and details put into each room. We enjoyed the hot tub even though it was freezing outside, and took advantage of the complimentary DVD rental.

I have paid the same amount for a hotel in Seattle, and received WAY less than what we got at Bavarian Lodge.

Would I recommend it? Of course! But I don't want it to be too full for me to book it again....

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
happy valley, oregon
Reviewed 23 January 2010

experienced a wonderful time in Leavenworth - this hotel exceeded our expectations! friendly staff - very clean - would stay here again

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Pueblo, CO
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I made plans to say at the BL totally blind. I took my husband for his 40th birthday to Washington, and we love the Bavarian theme, so I thought I'd try Leavenworth. What a fabulous place! The BL had awesome breakfast, great service, and they were very hospitable. We also, on a whim, decided to tube on a lazy river for his actual birthday. What a wonderful day we will never forget!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coloradoteam
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2009

We really liked this hotel. The rooms were very clean, the beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms were huge. Leavenworth is a small place and this hotel is walking distance to anything of interest. You can go and have a good time and stumble back to your room knowing you have a nice place to stay at the end of the night (or wee morning hours).

• Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 28 December 2009

After several summertime trips to Leavenworth, we decided to see what all the fuss was about at Christmastime. As we normally stay at a timeshare on the edge of town and it was booked solid for the month of December we decided to try the Bavarian Lodge based on it's reviews and its location. We were not disappointed in any way. Our room was ready early and the check-in process was pleasant. The lobby was warm and homey. The room was large for a standard two-queen room, very clean, and tastefully decorated. Tons of pillows for lounging and a cozy throw made it just that more homey. The view of the town all lit up for the holidays was spectacular, and there was even a small Chritmas tree in the room with a decorating kit for the kids. Room was laid out well, with plenty of storage for our family of five including an infant. The microwave and fridge were a great touch, and Starbucks coffee for the in-room coffee pot was a nice addition. The free breakfast buffet was spectacular, and with dining prices in Leavenworth being what they are it easily saved us 75 bucks, and it would have been worth that to spend the money on it! The town was magical, and with the hotel being right across the street we felt the magic all the way into our room. It was great to be able to easily run back and forth to the room to keep the baby out of the cold and to give the kids a break from sledding in the park. We will now try to make a Christmastime stay at the Bavarian Lodge a new holiday tradition for our family.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Olympia, Wa
Reviewed 15 December 2009

This was our 2nd stay at the Bavarian Lodge. We booked when we stayed here last year and booked our next year's stay as we were leaving this year. It's a wonderful experience to join the whole town in the annual tree lighting ceremony. We arrive, park our car (the Lodge is right across from the shopping/tree area), check in and all our needs are met. The staff is excellent, the beds are comfy, there's the outdoor pool and hot tub (yes, warm even with snow on the ground). The Lodge funishes a free breakfast buffett and a nice dinning area to relax with your coffee. The large fireplace in the lobby with the grand piano is very welcoming. We will continue to arrive and enjoy our stay at this gracious abode for years to come, God willing.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I have visited Leavenworth many times, but have generally made my base of operations Wenatchee rather than staying in Leavenworth proper. Being the first time to stay in Leavenworth, and the occasion being our honeymoon, my wife and I decided to stay at the Bavarian Lodge.

The Bavarian Lodge has the most attractive and detailed web site of any of the places to stay in Leavenworth. We were immediately attracted to the turret suite. I called their front desk for booking and was even given a small discount on the room rate because it was our honeymoon.

Upon arriving we were greeted warmly by the front desk staff. During our check in I asked about places to eat dinner and was given a number of recommendations both in terms of appeal and value. The front desk remained our best resource for information on Leavenworth throughout our stay.

The lobby is decorated in “Bavarian” garb. Although the decoration is very heavy, the lobby is very comfortable and warm in appearance. Coffee and tea are available in the lobby and I availed myself of that just after we completed check in and later on that evening. Coffee and tea service are also in room.

Parking is free on site, and Leavenworth’s city center is meant for walking. So we just parked at the hotel and spend the rest of our day meandering around town and enjoying the sights.

Each turret suite has a jetted tub. The view from the turret room containing the jetted tub was spectacular, a splendid view of the mountains and the village center. What a great place to soak and relax after a day on the town or driving to Leavenworth.

When we arrived in our room we noticed a bottle of sparkling cider, a surprise as I had not asked for any champaign or cider service to accompany our honeymoon accommodations. Many have already noted the stuffed bear on the bead. We chose to adopt ours as a memento of our stay. The room was very warmly decorated. We both felt right at home and comfortable as soon as we stepped in the door.

Toiletries were very high quality. The soaps and lotions were all spa/salon grade or better, smelled wonderful and were quite enjoyable to use. There was a generous supply of shampoo and soap in the room; this is an area where in today’s economic climate most hotels are starting to skimp. Plenty of towels were in the room, in anticipation use of the jetted tub, visits to the pool and hot tub and general showering. I was pleased to not have to call the front desk to get extra supply of either soaps or towels.

After a great day touring the town, and a relaxing night, nothing is better than visiting the dining room for a complimentary hot breakfast which is actually a real breakfast. The serving area for breakfast was nicely decorated. They had many hot items to eat, biscuits and gravy, sausages, an egg and cheese casserole dish and make-your-own waffles. Additionally, they had copious amounts of fruit, cereal and yogurt. Beverages included coffee, tea, water milk and juices. The coffee was Starbucks, which is generally good in food service environments, although a little stronger than I like to drink.

By far this was the most hearty and highest quality hotel breakfast that I’ve had in a long time. All of the foods were flavorful, filling and very freshly prepared. The make-your-own-waffle was a nice touch. I’ve had this before at other hotels with a morning breakfast, but the batter they were using was exceptional.

When we checked out, we were graciously thanked for staying and the staff seemed really interested in how we felt about our stay. Again, different from most places I go to in which the staff usually just takes your keycard and hand you a receipt.

My wife and I will definitely stay at the Bavarian Lodge again. We have recommended it to all of our friends and family and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple