“Best wedding venue and experience ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Mountain Springs Lodge
Reviewed 19 October 2008

This was by far the best wedding venue with excellent staff, beautiful grounds, fantastic food, and one heck of a great place to party with closest of friends. Do not listen to the other poor ratings given on this place, it is undeserved. There is a reason why this place is booked for weddings a year and a half in advance. Jamie is the wedding coordinator and goes above and beyond expectations. She advised, planned, helped serve at our rehersal dinner, personally cleaned my room for our wedding night, left food in the refrigerator for us, and payed attention to all the little stuff, was on-time etc. etc. She was easy to work with, never seemed stressed out, and was there when we needed.
We had our wedding in front of the Poderosa pine lodge by the pond. Beautiful spot, great temp, and lighting was wonderful. (great place for a fall wedding). I used the carriage, which was a kick, and very well done - we even went for a carriage ride right after the ceremony to relax and have a moment to ourselves. Flowers were done by Patti at Au Naturel. She is pricey, but worth Every penny, has done many weddings there, knows her stuff. Reception was at the barn, and we added a tent (for fear of weather and to help with the cold) and it added amazing brilliance to the spot. The barn was so much fun, the dance floor was packed all night, the food was Wonderful. salmon, with scalloped potatoes, rice, great salad that the chef is known for - the cook staff paid attention to food allergies, food wants (vegetarian etc.). Hot, on-time and lots of it. Great bartender, and staff All worked hard at cleaning etc. They even let us put All of our wine and beer in their refrigerators for the entire weekend. and we had 12 cases of wine and 14 cases of beer.
We had a 150 people at our wedding, and their staff took charge and helped us put on a smashing success. Where there little problems...yes, but so minor that in the grand scheme of things, no big deal. No one is perfect. If you are a high strung your going to have problems anywhere you go. but if you want an outdoor wedding, this is the place to do it. We had amazing weather (and granted they cannot control the weather) but it was nice to have a back-up option indoors if we had to.
Lodging: the loge isn't your typical "lodge" with an individual room for everyone. Both lodges host lost of people with enough rooms for immediate family. We took the ponderosa losdge with the most rooms, and my husbands family took the Pines lodge. We had our rehersal dinner at the beaver lodge (main lodge) which was Sweet. We rocked out all night. Our room was in the beaver as well, and was fine. Huge, and we used it both nights. (first night with just the bridesmaid and bride). Beds were comfy and huge. We made breakfast as a big group both saturday and sunday mornings. Those who wanted other breakfasts went to the main lodge. After the wedding reception, lots of poeple (including bride and groom) went back to the ponderosa, and had a pizza party and continued to rock out (we brought music equipment). There is also the beaver valley lodge right down the road which has cheaper rooms (very reasonable) and can handle all of your overflow guests and younger guests.
Wrap up: This staff works hard. You have to step back and realize that weddings are not easy, and people are stressed out and difficult. They deal with all of your family problems and then some. If you want something, all you have to do is ask. This is a wonderful place and would reccomend to anyone. I would love to talk to anyone about the place if they had any questions.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank buckinll

Reviewed 31 August 2008

Great place, beatiful grounds and lodges, really nice staff that were accomodating. We have a 9 month old so asked for a room a little removed so we wouldn't disturb any other guests, so we stayed in the Glacier room in the Ponderosa Lodge. We had tons of room.
The only disadvantage is that it's about a 25 minute drive into Leavenworth and there aren't any restaurants close. So if you're looking for a quiet place to get away this is for you, just don't forget to take food. (We didn't realize it was so far to Leavenworth and there were no close restaurants) but we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2008

Our son and his fiancee held their wedding at MSL, and many of our guests deemed it the most beautiful affair they'd ever attended. To begin with, the setting is spectacular. Events flowed from one part of the property to another. The lodge is family owned and the staff is very hard working and solicitous. Jamie acts as coordinator, and seemed to be everywhere at once. Their chef, Barb, is extremely talented and responsive to requests. She prepared a BBQ Fri. night and dinner for the reception the following night. Everything was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank SeattleMaisie
Reviewed 21 January 2008

Though we did not stay directly at the lodge, we did rent a cabin from them and appreciated their relaxed, friendly service. We visited Leavenworth for the Ice Festival and our usual lodging, the Sleeping Lady, was full. We found Mt Springs through a web search and obtained their last available cabin (Natapoc Lodge). It had snowed heavily the weekend before and we had an excellent time sledding, building snow caves, snowshoeing, skiing and dining at both the Lodge and some reasonably good restaurants in Leavenworth (Cafe Mozart, Visconti's, & Pavz).

The cabin itself was simple but large, clean and well-stocked. It was located in the woods, and was heavenly compared to the slightly kitschy and crowded atmosphere in Leavenworth. Though it's a bit of a drive to Leavenworth, I think the peace and quiet is well worth it. Mt. Springs has many activities such as snowmobiling and sleigh rides but we did not have time to try them. We did go to the Leavenworth Ski Hill for some exciting tubing and kid skiing.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2008

My husband and I attended a wedding on New Year's Eve at the Mt. Spring Lodge and stayed in one of their cabins.

We arrived at the place after seven days of traveling and were tired, cranky and ready to crash. We only hoped for a comfortable, clean place. But we got so much more than that - this place is truly wonderful and unique.

I am surprised at the other reviews, to be honest. When my husband and I travel we tend to stay at very nice places (Four Seasons, Ritz). We like good ambiance, a positive experience and delicious food. Mt Springs Lodge offered all of that.

I think the Lodge is the best place to stay. I spent time at the Lodge helping my friend prepare to get married and it can be described as rustic elegance. The person who created this lodge truly cared about the details and it feels very special. I believe the lodge also has wi-fi tho I didn't have a chance to try it.

The cabin we stayed at was the Bach House. It is a nice cabin - very clean and comfortable, but it didn't have wi-fi.

The food was outstanding. Truly delicious. We live in San Francisco and have the benefit of wandering out our door and walking to some of the best restaurants in the country and we were very pleased with the food.

Finally, the staff - they are great - kind, friendly and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They were so great in fact that the running comment in our group of friends was that maybe we should all move to Leavenworth so our kids will turn out as good. Also, I was helping the bride out with preparing for the wedding and they went above and beyond to help answer my questions and plan surprises for the bride and groom.

I can't recommend this place enough. Thank you Mt. Springs Lodge for a great vacation!

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank KimberlyKuHar
Reviewed 2 July 2007

We booked Mt. Springs Lodge for three days to celebrate our recent wedding. I cannot say enough nice things about the property, their staff, the food or the wedding coordinator.

The property is a family owned business and they really care about their guests. Throughout the entire year of planning, and working with their wedding coordinator, I found them to be so easy to work with. They answered all my questions right away (within a day or two), they were extremely organized and friendly, easy to work with. From the moment our guests starting checking in Friday afternoon to the moment they checked out on Sunday morning the staff at Mt. Springs took care of everything.

The food was amazing. We had our rehearsal dinner, reception dinner and morning brunch with them and our guests could not stop talking about how fabulous the food was. Some highlights were their stuffed mushrooms, ribs, salmon and amazing desserts. We had some late arrivals who missed our rehearsal dinner and the staff was so sweet that they boxed up some plates of food for them to eat when they arrived. We also had a lot of guests check in late, and they accomodated them, making sure everything everyone needed was available.

The setting for our wedding was outside and the weather was perfect. We were not sure if the weather was going to hold up, and the day of our wedding we met with the coordinator who had looked up the weather by hour to go over with me. I was so impressed at the details that they had gone through for our wedding. Their recommendations for vendors to use was perfect as well. The setting was amazing with views of the mountains in the background during our ceremony. The lawn on which we were married was in impecable condition. The staff was super attentive to our guests and to ourselves.

The reception was held in their barn outdoors and the staff again, made it look increcrible. They set up all my decorations for me so we didn't have to ask anyone from our friends/ family to do it. They took care of everything we could have needed. Everyone was friendly and polite.

Our guests could not stop coming up and telling us how much fun they were having, how gorgeous the setting was, how cute their rooms/ cabins were. Our bridal suite was adorable, with a private hot tub looking out into a meadow, a jacuzzi tub, dual showerhead stone shower, huge rock fireplace, etc. The staff even left us a plate of snacks for us to come back to after our wedding night.

I honestly can't say enough about how great this place is. I would hands down recommend this place for any function, espeicially a wedding. Mt. Springs is not a huge, impersonal cookie cutter location for a wedding. They make sure each detail that the bride needs is taken care of. Upon arrival they had an entire binder with our photo on it with all the information that we had corresponded with. We live about 3 hours away from the location site, so we only visited it twice prior to our wedding. There was not one thing that went wrong on our wedding or the entire weekend. Even when we were running late, the staff accomodated us. They really care about their guests and take the time to figure out what you want as a bride and as a guest. I could not have imagined a better place to get married. Many of my guests now plan on coming back for a weekend retreat themselves since they enjoyed the food and rooms so much. My husband and I plan on making a trip every year to Mt. Springs to celebrate our anniversary. They are amazing!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank greenlake
Reviewed 17 June 2007

I was invited to a wedding at Mountain Springs Lodge and thought it seemed like a beautiful resort and venue for a wedding. It is far from the heart of Leavenworth--about 15 miles from the Bavarian part of the town. My friend and I were told that the cost of the room would be close to $150, and while we thought it was a bit expensive for the area, we were sure that the lodge would be worth it. The wedding was beautiful and the staff was attentive, but I must say the room was terrible. It was very small and had two beds. One was a large, comfortable queen size bed. The other was extremely small; so small that only a child could fit in it comfortably. Part of the molding on the door was missing, giving the room a sloppy feel. However, what made the room so bad was what it didn't have. It had no TV or sterio. I understand it is supposed to be a relaxing stay, but for $150 a night, we should get a tv in our room. We should also get soap and shampoo. Our room did not include any toiletrees at all. I have never stayed anywhere overnight that did include a bar of soap, so unfortunately, I had to go without. The lodge also does not give you coffee in your room, or anywhere on the grounds for free (like almost all hotels and lodges I have stayed in). To get coffee, you must buy espresso from their coffee cart in the lodge, which is overpriced, like everything else in the lodge. I have been to Leavenworth numerous times and would definitely choose to stay at another lodge, in the heart of Leavenworth next time. If you are looking for an extremely quiet and expensive stay, you would probably enjoy Mountain Springs Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends