“Nice place for a wedding, but disappointed in staff!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain Springs Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Mountain Springs Lodge
Seattle, WA
“Nice place for a wedding, but disappointed in staff!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2007

I was recently married here, and spent QUITE a bit of money. The lodge was beautiful, but the staff was untrained and actually added to our wedding stress. We had no wedding stresses until the staff slacked off.
With all the things needed to remember for wedding the staff was not helpful in follow up after we had paid! It was like we paid and they didn't care less about us. When my mother went to check out ,the wedding the staff did not remind my mother to take the top of our cake or other wedding supplies we brought! My husband and I didn't even get a slice of our own cake either! This might not seem like a big deal, but when you pay $350 for a cake, you'd like to keep the tradition and have it for your 1 year anniversary. I didn't realize my mother forgot the cake until the next weekend. Then when I contacted Mt. Springs, they said they threw it away, because it 'looked stale'. Why wouldn't they have at least extended a courtesy call to us to find out if we wanted it, or reminded us it was there?? They also forgot to load up all of our belongings and a box of wedding shot glasses were forgotten, they didn't even contact me until I reached out to them about the cake. The then made me pay the shipping to get the shot glasses back!
I also had purchased my own decorations for the wedding some being lovely, expensive branches to put by the fire place during the wedding. The wedding coordinator decided these branches would look best if she broke them and added them to HER mantle display. No one asked my mother or I if they could do this. They just did it. I was planning on keeping these branches to decorate my house!
So if you are looking for customer service, Mt. Springs Lodge is NOT the place to get. I am MORE than disappointed in their services and I will let everyone that is thinking of having a wedding there to bring your OWN coordinator and staff, because there staff is just plain awful!!

• Stayed February 2007
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LisaLooMarie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2006

Restaurant came highly recommended, though presenting a limited menu. Eight of us tried the three items defined on the Chef's Choice list -- simply as Chicken, Salmon, and Steak. The 3-course dinner started with a salad of mixed greens tossed with a tasty balsamic dressing with peanuts and crumbled feta. The warm dinner rolls were easy to eat. It went downhill from there. The steak -- a large chunk of what appeared to be sirloin -- was laid on a monolayer of basmati rice and accompanied by a side of the toughest broccoli I've run across. Now it isn't easy to figure out how to make broccoli tough, but our chef has the secret. Then I tried to slice a bite of steak. The outer surface was browned as it should be, but immediately under the surface the meat was uniformly red. My thought was that the meat was microwaved to the rare side of medium-rare and then dropped on the grill to get it ready for serving. At the price for this Chef's Choice, I'd expect the meat to be fork-tender. A fork had a hard time penetrating the surface. To get a slice required sawing with a sharp steak knife. Chew hard, and swallow partially crunched meat, I told myself. Send it back to the kitchen? What it needed was a different cut from, preferably, a different steer. Don't embarrass our friends, I counseled myself -- they were sitting at the table, they who extolled this restaurant. Wash it down with a glass of cabernet, which it turned out to be the last glass available -- the restaurant RAN OUT of wine (by the glass). I doggy-bagged 2/3 of that steak. Fortunately, I have a big dog with strong jaws. Then came the 3rd course, a dessert that was called chocolate gelato, but which had the consistency of chocolate flavored art-gum eraser. As you might guess, I'll not visit that restaurant again.

Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
5 Thank jix
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2006

The lodge is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from it. My husband had just returned from a military deployment and we were looking for a quiet getaway to ourselves.The staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful. We stayed in the Northwest territory Suite. It is gorgeous. Breakfast and dinner were amazing.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2005

My husband and I just got back from spending our first anniversary weekend in the Aspenglow suite. We could not have picked a better place. The staff were wonderful. Everybody was helpful, caring, and fantastic. It was my first time snowmobiling and Jill our guide was great. She took time to explain everything and made me feel at ease.

The food was wonderful. I have eaten at some expensive resturants and Barbie's cooking is so much better. Her scones that are served in the breakfast baskets are so yummy.

The Aspenglow suite is beautiful and nicely decorated. You have your own private suite with an outdoor hot tub, river rock jetted tub, and walk-in shower with two shower heads. The king size bed is very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank rka_wa
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2005

My husband and i stayed at Mt. Springs Lodge for our honeymoon April 10-14. We couldn't have been happier. It was beautiful and the room was exactly how it is advertised on the website. The staff made our stay even more fun. They were friendly and helpful and when we had a problem with our hot tub someone was up in 10 minutes to fix it for us. The breakfast basket is to die for, homemade scones or bread, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, water and coffee were all included in it. If you are looking for a place for a honeymoon or a romantic getaway of any kind this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2005