“Great Horseback Ride!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 46 things to do in Leavenworth
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Horseback Ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2005

My family and I went riding at Eagle Creek Ranch. The horses were very nice- not the typical "dude string" horses you usually see. All were well mannered and well taken care of. Our guide was great. She helped my sons throughout the whole ride. The ranch itself is just gorgeous. Beautiful scenery on the ride too. Would definatelt reccommend the 2 hour ride. Just great!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
“Never again and wouldn't recommend to anyone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2005

My boyfriend and I went on a trail ride today at Eagle Creek Ranch. The horses were very dirty and had tons of burrs in their hair. After the ride, I noticed that one of the horses they had used was missing one shoe and a shoe was hanging/twisting off another hoof. I'm writing them an email about the condition of their horses after I finish this.

Also, one of the workers kinda snapped at me about how I was handling my horse when he had no idea what the situation was and another worker (who knew what happened) had to defend my actions. Even after her defense, he apparently felt the need to have the last word.

I've never been riding anywhere that allowed people to hand feed the horses, but this place did and a boy got bit right before we got there.

The best thing I can say for them is that during the four-mile ride there were (just a couple) beautiful views of the Cascades.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member