“Family fun, fun,fun”
Review of Osprey Rafting

Osprey Rafting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Osprey Rafting Company is the only local company that offers class 4 rapids in their private High Adventure put in on the Wenatchee River in Leavenworth Washington. Osprey’s professional and experienced guides have years of river experience. We’ve been Leavenworth’s hometown rafting company for over 20 yrs.(est. in 1991) and take great pride in supporting our local community. Rent Paddle Boards, Kayaks and tubes from our Osprey Paddle Shack. Book your white water rafting adventure on the Wenatchee River today!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family fun, fun,fun”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We knew going into the adventure that the river might not hold the excitement of an earlier trip as far as rapids but our guide Lars was fantastic and made the most of what it was and we had a truly fun trip. Some fun rapids, relaxing floating, river dunking, kayaking and a tasty BBQ at the end. A bonus was watching wildlife along the river with Lars' eagle eye finding mink a couple of times. The beauty of the river was well worth the trip. Well done!

1 Thank Didi1963

Moscow, Idaho
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome rafting!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Osprey...awesome rush of a river rafting/ kayaking trip. The guida were terrific and very helpful. They really looked out for everyone's safety and made sure we all had fun. Jeremy was our guide...he made it safe and great fun! We got wet, laughed, hit the rapids and eat great BBQ lunch provided after the long day rafting down the river. Beautiful scenery along the river and just relaxing when the water was calm. I definitely would recommended them and I plan on coming back in the earlier season for the bigger rapids! Note: get a water proof camera...I am for next time! It will be worth taking some pictures of the scenery and what you like. They take a bunch too of you and your group. It's worth going rafting ...I loved the experience!

1 Thank Kirsten N
Edmonds, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Confessions of a rafting rookie...”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife, sister and I opted to book with Osprey after basically being no-shown by two other outfitters in the Leavenworth area: one of whom ceased responding to e-mails and wouldn't answer their phone for nearly a week prior to our booking, and another which felt the need to ridicule our choice to raft the Wenatchee in the first week of August, since "the good water all left in mid-July." It's a given that these places are often run by all manner of local wildboys--it's part of their charm--but when you find yourself being mocked as an out-of-towner when that's exactly who these places cater to, it gets things hopping on the wrong foot.

Fortunately, this wasn't the case with Osprey: after a bit of a slow start and some organized chaos with outfitting our group with paddles and life jackets (You can request a helmet for the routes that don't make them mandatory, should you want the additional insurance in case of a spill), we were on our way and in our raft within fifteen minutes of the departure time, and a short hike up the road. We really lucked out with our guide, too: Nic Allen figured out pretty early on that we were total novices at the rafting game and treated us with patience and engaged conversation, pushing us through the squalls easily and playing both the part of tour guide and cap'n with equal measures of grace and humor. The entirety of the afternoon was about three hours of lazy waters and occasional rapids, but it felt like fifteen minutes: by the end of it, the no-frills beachside barbecue of hot dogs, hamburgers and picnic fixings might as well have been manna, after the appetite we worked up.

All in all, it was an absolutely awesome weekend getaway: I'd give the experience itself three stars based on the merits of Osprey's customer service and friendliness, with an additional star for Nic's enthusiasm. Definitely highly recommended, and we'll be back for some Class IV fun next year.

Eugene, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't bother with the tube trip”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Honestly, I really wanted to enjoy this trip and have a high rating worthy experience. However, my experience with Osprey was pretty poor.
Anyways, to start they are so disorganized at the main office it's a headache. They ended up accidentally charged my $15 extra dollars for a floating cooler I did not want and when I mentioned it they just shrugged and said it must have been a mistake. When I asked about a refund there was no follow up on there part.
Yet, that would have been fine but they quote the tube trip as being 1-3 hours. I called and asked the employees about length and they said 1-3 hours. This is simply not true. It is maybe an hour if you include the time it takes to meet up and their separate location, drive to the KOA, get the safety lecture, and get into the river. I checked my watch in the river and we were only on the actual river for 35 or so minutes. Which after close to $50 dollars in tube rentals and the extra $15 I paid for nothing (they didn't even give me the cooler i didn't want but did pay for) I felt really taken advantage of. I've heard this place is great for rafting and winter but honestly the tube trip is a rip
off. I can't imagine anyone paying these prices for it and I didn't like being lied to about the 1-3 hours by the employees I talked to.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LilyCL
Tacoma Junction, Washington, United States
“We were looking for extreme!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My boyfriend and I set out for an adventure, and the staff at the Osprey delivered. We were so excited to hit the Wenatchee and wanted a crew that would allow us to experience something more extreme then the normal. Within the first 30 seconds we were in our 1st class 4 and it just got better from there. We had such an amazing time, and suggest the Osprey to everyone that wants to raft in Leavenworth!

Visited May 2013