“Wedding Trip”

Icicle Inn at Icicle Village Resort
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was perfect for our needs. The prime rib dinner in the restaurant on Friday night was amazing. However the restaurant staff needs to smile a little more, and servers shouldn't be chewing gum.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John C

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful town. We enjoyed our stay and also touring the town. Lots to see. The town was recommended by our son who had visited twice with his family. So glad he told us to stop here.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a rather large hotel with good rooms and suites located very close to the center of a quaint, German inspired town. Everything is close by and within walking distance. The staff at the hotel is professional and the common areas and rooms are very clean. There is a Happy Hour with fair-priced drinks and snacks. There is an on-site restaurant but the in town choices are wider in variety and easy to walk to

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The pricing is very high. I paid extra for a mountain view room that had virtually no view. The entrance was under construction, and I literally had to walk though a construction zone to get into the hotel unless I walked from the lobby all the way to my room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Charlie509, Manager at Icicle Inn at Icicle Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello and thank you for staying with us.

Please accept my apologies for having to walk through our construction area, we are trying very hard to contain it but do to the nature of this project that is not always possible.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Icicle Inn the weekend of June 6th for two nights. Our room was excellent, the grounds are lovely, and the hotel staff was accommodating and friendly.

But if you can help it, don't eat at JJ Hill's for dinner!! We purchased a package through Living Social that included the room, a beer/stein, and a $50 credit in the dining room. On Friday, we went into the restaurant about 4:15 for a beer and appetizer. We were greeted and shown to a table. A server that wasn't assigned to our table took our beer order. Then our assigned server came to the table, and said, "here for prime rib?" We said that no, it was too early for us to eat dinner. The waitress said "Oh," and grabbed our menus and walked away. It was as if we weren't even supposed to be sitting in the dining room if we weren't ordering dinner. We had to flag down the server who brought us our beers to even order an appetizer, as our server never came back. It made us feel as if we were taking up a table they would rather be using for people staying for dinner, even hough there was only one other family of 4 in the entire restaurant. And we weren't asked if we were staying for dinner when we were shown to a table.

Then on Saturday evening about 7pm, we went to the restaurant to use our dining credit. As the hostess was showing us to our table, the same waitress from Friday came up to her and said very loudly and brusquely, "don't seat any other tables for awhile!" Not a very nice thing to say in front of customers, if you want them to feel welcomed in your restaurant. We waited for about 10 minutes before our server came to our table. It wasn't so long that we had thought much of it at this point, but the first thing the server said to us was, "I'm sorry for the wait, but we had a cutting issue in the kitchen!" It caught me by surprise, and I said, "you can't tell people about blood in the kitchen when they are here to eat!" She just stared at me blankly and said "it's cleaned up". And then she walked away. So gross to be thinking of blood in a restaurant kitchen! If we hadn't pre-paid for dinner, we would not have stayed. But we didn't like the idea of paying for another dinner when we had already paid for one here. The food was not temperature hot when we received it, and was decent, but not as good the german restaurant or brewpub that we ate at downtown during our weekend.

The Hotel General Manager's business card asks you to post your comments on trip advisor, etc, if you have good things to say. If you have anything negative, he requests you instead let him know. We sent him an email on Sunday morning, and never heard anything back. Do yourself a favor, have dinner in town, you'll enjoy it much more!! The attitude of the servers at JJ's is they would rather be doing anything else but serving customers, and the food is mediocre at best.

2  Thank Diane P
Charlie509, General Manager at Icicle Inn at Icicle Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello,
Thank you for writing this review, I am terribly sorry that your experience in our restaurant was less then desirable, please accept my sincere apologies. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel, thank you for staying with us. The text below shows the email I send replying to your email, I am sorry that perhaps you did not receive it. Have a great summer.

Owner/General Manager

Good afternoon and thank you very much for your email.
Wow I must say I am shocked and disappointed how my restaurant employees behaved. This is completely unacceptable to me and I will make sure this will never happen again. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that you will return to us if and when your travels bring you back to Leavenworth. Again I am sorry this happened to you.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My daughter and I had a fantastic time at this kid friendly hotel. We enjoyed the pool. We traveled with friends who played at an arcade and did mini golf attached to the property for a reasonable fee. The breakfast that was included was comprehensive and delicious, making to hotel rate an excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello and thank you for staying with us.

I am very glad that you had a good time here with us, thank you very much for your kind words and this nice review, have a great summer. Until next time. Happy Summer!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I just love this Best Western. Maybe it is the town, or could it be the wonderful warm weather at this time of year? Clean rooms, clean refrigerators, clean bathrooms, great four block walk to dinner. A nice complimentary breakfast.

I would have given them a 5 stars for service if they had mentioned thank you for being a Diamond member of Best Western Rewards, or something.

Room Tip: I like a high floor not facing the highway.