“Beautiful 18 year retreat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abendblume

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Abendblume
Ranked #2 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
“Beautiful 18 year retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I recently spent our 18 year anniversary @ Abendblume. Renee was wonderful! She was very knowledgable about the area and where to go for a nice authentic German dinner. My husband and I have previously lived in Germany. My husband expressed how this place "brought him back to Germany" and our apartment which looked an awful lot like Abendblume. The room was very comfortable (Tannenbaum), especially the bed and down comforters. My husband said the room was exactly how he wanted his bedroom to look when we build our own home. We were able to take in the scenery from our room (geese, chickens, etc.)

it was nice to reminisce with him and share some of our experiences in Germany with the other guests. We truly enjoyed the breakfasts. The eggs were so fresh and we loved the apple danish treat the last day we were there. My husband said at least 4-5 times that we needed to come back and stay, preferably during Oktoberfest!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Abendblume, Owner at Abendblume, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, it was wonderful to visit with you and "relive" a little bit of Germany with you too. Please come see us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

What a wonderful place to celebrate our Valentine’s Day anniversary! Our hostess, Renee’s sister, was welcoming, our room was very luxurious and the breakfasts were very good. Loved the Dornroschen (Sleeping Beauty Room), especially the huge shower with two shower heads and four body sprays!

Rebecca

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Poulsbo, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

"Welcome" exudes from the owners, Renee and Randy! Every detail has been taken into consideration in this gorgeous Bavarian chalet. From the fine woodworking (which both my husband and I were awed by) to the room furnishings to the glorious breakfasts that we lingered over each morning. We stayed in the first week of January and the Christmas lights and fabulous decorations were still up. What a treat!! We were served fresh press coffee in our room before we went down for breakfast and then to a feast of unbelievably delicious foods! This is not your normal B&B fare.The Aebelskivers and Apple syrup were incredible. Renee happily gave us the recipe for both the "skivers" and her syrup!! I met couples that have made their stay at Abendblume a yearly event for 20 years! It is no wonder, and we too are planning to make this an annual trip to enjoy this amazing place and these lovely new friends.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

My wife and I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many beautiful places. This accommodation ranks among the very best. The rooms were unique and incredbily beautiful. While there is a lot to do in the town of Leavenworth, we chose to spend a majority of our time in our room or the common areas because they provided such a great place to relax, read, enjoy, and savour the comfort of being at Albendblume. Stay here and you won't regret it. Good food, incredible warm and friendly hosts, etc.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

Everything about Abendblume is absolutely incredible! Rene and Randy are warm, attentive hosts that go far out of their way to insure that their guests are comfortable. We just spent the last three nights in Dornroschen and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay. The house and country setting are beautiful, their Christmas decorations breathtaking and the food superb! We really enjoyed walking to Front Street and back in the snow! Can't wait to go back!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

My German mother's 85th birthday wish was to spend the weekend in Leavenworth with my sister and I. When I saw the Abendblume online I was so excited. It looked like a fairy tale. I immediately made a reservation. I spoke with Becky and told her about this special occasion. When we arrived, I was thrilled that it lived up to everything on the website and was even better. Driving up from Seattle we felt as though be had landed in the Bavarian countryside after only 2 hours. We were welcomed by Becky's sister Renee. She told us about the place and how her father had built it. The entry is just stunning with a beautiful winding staircase. We stayed in the Kitzbuhel room on the ground floor to accommodate my mother better. It was lovely and cozy with a King bed and a Murphey bed. It was snug but the 3 of us felt like teenage girls having a slumber party. Nothing could top the morning breakfast. On our reserved table was a vase of flowers with a birthday balloon and note for my mom from the establishment. Ebel Skivers were brought to the table in a cast iron dish with candles for my mom to blow out. The grounds are lovely with chickens, a goat, a horse, a mule and best of all "Jackson" a snow lab. My mom loves dogs and his sleeping area was right outside our room. On the second morning we were treated to the mellow tones of the giant Alpen Horn played by the hostesses' father. From the time we checked in to our too soon departure we were treated royally. In her 85 years, my mom could honestly say this was her best birthday ever.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Claudia S
Richmond, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

If you've never been to Leavenworth, or the Abendblume, just imagine: you're standing in a place of incredible beauty, with rugged hills wrapped around you, the occasional sounds of chickens and horses punctuating the quiet, behind you a beautiful Bavarian-themed inn whose colorful flowers in window boxes whisper in the wind, "Come in." Or, if you prefer, "Komm herein." For lovers of German culture, architecture and cuisine, this is about as good as it gets without crossing the Atlantic.

My partner and I stayed here for four nights in September to celebrate our seventh anniversary. We were greeted upon arrival by the owner's sister, Becky, who explained that her sister was away on vacation. Now we've had a few strange experiences before with "substitute" innkeepers, but this, thankfully, was not one of them. Becky was simply amazing, from her having graciously arranged for a bottle of wine and flowers from the inn's gardens to be waiting in our room, to the delicious breakfasts she prepared each morning, to her genuine interest in our plans each day.

The Abendblume was clearly built with a lot of love. It is elegant, yet cozy and unpretentious. It would be hard not to feel at home here. We stayed in the Rosengarten room, which afforded us a delightful view of the sunrise each morning over the fields and hills. Unfortunately we were there when the smoke from nearby wildfires had descended pretty heavily on Leavenworth, but if there was one benefit from the smoke, it was that those sunrises were absolutely stunning.

Breakfast was what you might find in Germany: an array of meats, cheeses, breads and eggs, with one hot addition each morning. One day it was what I think Becky referred to as Danish pancakes, although to me they looked like apple fritters. In any case, they were delicious! Another day it was an omelet that was so good we had to have seconds.

We made a habit each morning after breakfast of feeding the resident goat, Shorty, and the chickens. The inn encouraged this practice by keeping a container of food labeled "For Shorty and the girls" by the front door. They were absolutely charming. By the end of our stay, we wanted to take Shorty home with us!

The Abendblume is located a bit off the beaten path, but that was a benefit as far as we were concerned. It was quiet there both day and night, and one morning we were able to take the inn's tandem bicycle for a spin to the nearby ski hill, without having to worry about traffic. The ski area offers some nice hiking as well.

Congratulations to owner Renee for having created such a beautiful place. We hope to return someday to this most wonderful retreat.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple