“My first B&B - and loved every minute!!”
Review of Abendblume

Abendblume
Ranked #3 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“My first B&B - and loved every minute!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I were lucky because we decided to take a quick weekend getaway to Leavenworth from Seattle spontaneously - all the lodging for the area was booked but there happened to be one room available the night we needed it! (After speaking to the owner, there was a last minute cancellation) - Thankfully it worked out!
I spoke with Renee over the phone ( I believe the co-owner with her husband) and she was lovely and made the reservation for me -
When we arrived, I felt like I was whisked away to the country side - It was about a mile away from the downtown area - close enough for a quick 3 minute drive into the Bavarian village and far enough for a romantic, serene retreat.

-the entry way/driveway is magical! it's a long driveway lined with birch trees
-the grounds are extremely well-maintained the grass was lush & bright green/flowers planted abundantly - and the front entrance was literally just like a dream..never been to Germany, but I think its what it would look like living in the countryside...
-greeted by Becky (Renee's sister) when we arrived. very courteous & sweet. (dessert was offered in the evening upon arrival - cheesecake & coffee!
-loved the European feel & design of rooms
-our room was the almrosen and couldn't have been better. (fireplace that we used! although, its the summer - it was nice having the crackling fire in the evening...) amazing bedding & king-sized bed - jet tub & multi-shower heads in the shower..
-we used the hot tub in the evening and was able to soak it up among the stars
-breakfast was served in the morning by Becky -homemade banana bread with eggs caprice, fresh fruits, yogurt/oatmeal & morning breads with fresh coffee/ juice...my husband and I ate it out on the patio and just enjoyed the mountains and hills
-Sunday morning an elderly man also played the alpenhorn! that was a treat :)
This was my first bed & breakfast experience - although, I have nothing to base my review on - I truly believe the quality and experience was TOP NOTCH - the bar has been set HIGH....I would highly highly recommend Abendblume!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

What a beautiful setting and enchanting Bed and Breakfast the ABENDBLUME is. The rooms were beautiful. Renee was such a warm and gracious host, and made us feel right at home. Becky, who took our reservation and checked us in, went above and beyond what we could ever expect. She provided great suggestions for things to do and take advantage of in Leavenworth. In addition, she helped us get tickets to a play, and even picked them up and had them at the desk for us when we checked in. Oh by the way, the food was awesome! The deserts at the evening were the perfect way to end each day of our stay! What a perfect way to spend a few days away from the hustle and bustle of home life. Thanks for a great time!
John & Leona

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Abendblume, Owner at Abendblume, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words, it was such a pleasure to serve you. We are glad you were able to take in a play too. They are really a nice addition to Leavenworth summers. By the way when we say we are a small family owned property that means Becky too :) She is Renee's sister and she really has a servants heart. We look forward to seeing you both in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This B & B is in a lovely setting and the breakfast was just fabulous. Renee went beyond the call of being a hostess to wedding disaster manager, when she called around to help us find the person to open the ski lodge when they didn't show. She is warm and welcoming and we couldn't have had a nicer inn keeper. The breakfast was over the top good and we'll be back for every anniversary. Thanks for making our wedding so much more special!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Abendblume, Owner at Abendblume, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Hello dear guest, that was an amazing day and it all turned out beautiful. Congratulations on your marriage, you make an awesome couple! Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to do a review! We can't wait to see you both again.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 June 2013

What a fabulous find, Abendblume in Leavenworth--just 2 short hours drive from Seattle. The town is so picturesque, feels like you have stepped out into Germany! What a delight as we drove down Ski Hill Drive, about ¾ mile into the countryside to arrive at Abendblume. We were so delighted as we started down the tree lined driveway turned the bend and pulled up in front of this gorgeous Bavarian home. As we continued inside we knew we had found a special place. Becky was our innkeeper this past weekend and made the stay a most memorable one! Every room in the home is beautifully decorated. The hospitality was first rate and the breakfasts gourmet and filling. We felt like we were actually in the Bavarian countryside by staying at Abendblume! The home so peaceful and refreshing. Close to town but felt like miles away. What a special find! (The pictures posted by others are authentic…no need to post ours) We have returned to CA and been busy telling friends and family about our special time at Abendblume. We have beautiful places in CA like Tahoe and Yosemite, but we don’t have Abendblume! They must experience it!

Room Tip: All rooms were beautiful, you cant go wrong. Just experience Abendblume!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luv2travelwl
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2013

After a day of wine tasting, apple-picking and floating down the river in our intertubes hand in hand, we were all but tuckered out once we were done exploring all the little nook and crannie shops in Leavenworth. So we settled into our room at Abendblume where we had reservations weeks in advance.

I new I was going to love the place when we started up there super long driveway enchantingly lined with beautiful tree's on each side that created a sort of charming tunnel. The B&B is tucked a bit away, so it was quiet--- but not far at all from all the action in down town Leavenworth. Its a beautiful country German Style cottage B&B.

Hubby brought me here for my birthday in August 2011. This is the second B&B we had ever visited at that time, and we loved it. Sadly, the hot tub outside was not available for use while we were there, but I'm sure it is since up and running. It was hot anyway in August, so we may not have been able to stand it! :) not a huge loss.

The lobby area is delightful! With a gorgeous piano you can play, and foyer as high as the sky. Dining area was lovely. BREAKFAST WAS TO DIE FOR! Those fresh and hot home-made blueberry pancake bites in warm syrup!!!!! along with everything else that was delicious. pretty great start to our day.

Our room was great. His and Her robes (always a great touch for any B&B) Beautiful 4 poster bed with a private veranda to sit out on and breathe in fresh air! In the evenings they have a nice snack free for guests in the dining area. We had pumpkin pie and hot cocoa. It was great! This place was romantic :) My only less than positive observation would be that our private deck was a bit dirty with spiderwebs and such. We had a minor hiccup with the tub- was really hard to figure out how to turn it on. Also, it would be great if someone were there an hour before people are supposed to check in. We waited outside in the heat for 30 minutes before someone came home to let us in. No biggie tho. When we are together, its hard not to enjoy our time, no matter what.

The owners are so friendly. We wanted to book a second night but vacancy was full. However, they called our room the next morning to inform us there had been a cancelation, and offered us the newly available room. We unfortunately had to decline by then, since hubby had to be back in Seattle for work earlier than he thought the next morning. I have fallen in love with Leavenworth, WA. This sweet little place is partly to blame ;)

I highly recommend Abendblume

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Mercer Island
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had never planned on visiting Leavenworth, but for my husband had his heart set on going for his birthday. From the moment we drove up the tree covered driveway and walked in to the beautifully lit foyer; I was impressed. The abeyance is truly enchanting. I really appreciated the smaller details that brought the entire theme together. Our room had its own bathroom, which is not really common among B&Bs. Also, the comfort factor of the accommodations I would rate through the roof. The breakfasts, what can I say, they were superb. We missed one (due to a long night), and regretted it thoroughly... Also, I have to say Renee was awesome! We had some issues with our reservations, and she worked it out flawlessly and made our stay amazing. She was an excellent cook, always smiling, and just has a great demeanor. This B&B is possibly the best I've ever visited and will be getting many repeat trips from us!

Room Tip: Tip: Get a room with a balcony, well worth it. And don't miss breakfast!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I recently spent our 18 year anniversary @ Abendblume. Renee was wonderful! She was very knowledgable about the area and where to go for a nice authentic German dinner. My husband and I have previously lived in Germany. My husband expressed how this place "brought him back to Germany" and our apartment which looked an awful lot like Abendblume. The room was very comfortable (Tannenbaum), especially the bed and down comforters. My husband said the room was exactly how he wanted his bedroom to look when we build our own home. We were able to take in the scenery from our room (geese, chickens, etc.)

it was nice to reminisce with him and share some of our experiences in Germany with the other guests. We truly enjoyed the breakfasts. The eggs were so fresh and we loved the apple danish treat the last day we were there. My husband said at least 4-5 times that we needed to come back and stay, preferably during Oktoberfest!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Abendblume, Owner at Abendblume, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, it was wonderful to visit with you and "relive" a little bit of Germany with you too. Please come see us again!