“The most wonderful little B&B”
Review of Abendblume

Abendblume
Ranked #4 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Abendblume for two nights. We absolutely loved it. Renee was so friendly. She had the place decorated for Christmas. I wish I could decorate my house like this. We stayed in the Kitzbuhel room. This was the only room on the main floor. Renee said it was a modest room, but we didn't have any complaints. There was a nice King size bed and plenty of room to move around. Those that complain about things at this place are crazy! Seriously, those that complain, must really want to be picky. It's a short drive to the main street. I didn't mind at all being away from the center of town - because what you get in return is absolutely wonderful. Okay, so the best part about this place is the food. The breakfast were the best I've ever had. You had a mix of different things, including homemade danishes or Danish pancakes. We could have stayed forever just for the breakfast. You get dessert in the evening as well and it's just as wonderful as the breakfast. We can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: I would believe that any of the rooms are wonderful, but if you are on a budget, even the less expen...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I brought my mother here in Nov 2013 and it was lovely. The atmosphere was elegant and luxurious. The food was delicious and the innkeepers were very helpful. I actually looked at another place in person, but decided to check out Abendblume instead. I'm so glad I did - this was one GREAT last-minute reservation. I highly recommend Abendblume to any travelers looking to stay at a very nice, clean, special B&B.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have a door to the bath area (toilets, yes, but bath/shower, no) - so if you ar...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I just returned from celebrating my 40th birthday with my husband at Abendblume in Leavenworth, and I have to say it was a wonderful and memorable experience! Becky was very welcoming when we first arrived. Since there was only us and one other couple, she was even kind enough to upgrade us from the room we booked (Kitzbuhel) to the Rosengarten, which had a breathtaking view of the surrounding fields and nearby mountains. I loved sitting outside on the balcony, even in the middle of November, because the view, the quiet, and the clean crisp air were all so inviting. Inside, the room was so cozy, comfortable, and clean. As someone, who has family in Europe and is well-familiar with European hospitality and practices, Abendblume really has everything to the letter when it comes to having a touch of European comfort and style. The duvet-covered comforters and soft yet firm beds made me feel right at home with plenty of pillows to sink my head in.

After spending the afternoon in downtown Leavenworth, it was so nice to return to delicious apple pie with caramel sauce waiting in the dining room. My husband and I enjoyed having dessert sitting on a cushy sofa in front of a warm fire in the sitting room across the hall. I have to say that all the commonly shared areas were beautifully decorated with furniture and artwork, and the Christmas decorations that were up for the season gave the place a homey, festive feel.

The breakfast was the best I've had at a B&B--different meats and grain bread for open-faced, European-style breakfast sandwiches, fruits, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs so nicely presented with European music playing softly in the background. And those warm, little Danish pastries that resembled donut-holes in appearance were to die for! I could pop them in my mouth endlessly if my stomach was big enough!

On top of all of these things, what we really appreciated was the quiet and the space we were given. At some B&Bs, you feel like you're imposing in someone else's home; at Abendblume, you feel as close as you can be to being in your own home.

Abendblume has received a number of awards, and they truly deserve them. This is an exceptional B&B that pays attention to details and the comfort of their guests. It's clear that the owners take pride in what they do. I would highly recommend Abendblume to anyone visiting the Leavenworth area, and I would definitely love to return in the future.

Room Tip: We saw 3 rooms in person. They are all well cared. Choose the room that appeals to you and fits yo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen K
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The room in which we stayed, Dornroschen (Sleeping Beauty), had a corner, wrap-around deck, a wood burning fireplace and, the bathroom had both, a whirlpool tub and a separate shower with “jets” everywhere. Our friends stayed in Almrosen (High Mountain Flower). They had all the same amenities as our room, but with a smaller deck. However we could remove the separating “gate” to incorporate their deck into ours.

Enough about the rooms. Rene is a wonderful hostess. She made you feel that you were in your own home, not hers. She was available when needed, but not intrusive in any way. Her breakfasts were typical German fare, with cheese, meats, cereal and fruit; just superb. And returning from dinner to find homemade apple pie and coffee or brownies and coffee waiting, was fantastic.

Don’t forget to throw the ball for Jackson, their canine greeter.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We drove down from Victoria, B.C. to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday. We knew it was going to be special place -- there were 4 other special events (that we knew of) going on there at the time - a marathoner in his..80's? and his family racing that weekend, an engagement and a combined birthday and wedding anniversary. Renee made each one of us feel very special.

The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous. Almost everything from the carpentry, to the wall mural, the decor, to all the baking (a different delicious full/hot Bavarian-style breakfest every day! and a dessert every night!), is hand-made. Even each of the door handles are artisan-made. It definitely created a very special ambiance.

We stayed in the Bridgette, which we were warned was "a small room" - but it was extremely comfortable with it's own bathroom and private balcony. Not a squeeze by any means. We have definitely stayed in far smaller/more cramped quarters at other hotels in Canada and in Europe.

Only complaint would be the bathroom is in need of a little updating to match the rest of the room, and from what I've read, to the other rooms in the Inn. The faucet was quite leaky and caused the pressure of the showerhead to be on the low side. Also, the fireplace is a small elecric heater that we didn't feel produced a lot of heat and made a strange cyclical noise. However, to be very fair, I believe it is one of the more popular rooms because of the price so it is likely a little more difficult to find a good time to renovate!

It is within walking distance (we felt) to town and during Oktoberfest, there is a free outbound shuttle back to the end of road until 1:00 a.m. It is close enough to the party but definitely worth staying out of the noise, crowds and busyness of the town...being 30 and not 20. ;)

All in all, it was an amazing experience and we felt spoiled. We are already planning a trip back with friends next year, and this time we will remember to bring our bathing suits for the beautiful hot tub!

Thanks Renee!

Room Tip: "Brigette" is facing the Inn's side road but that also made it very quiet. Not sure if...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The perfect getaway for 6 mights! When we vacation, we endeavor to park ourselves in quiet, relaxed accommodation where we can unwind and enjoy the solitude. We usually do this in Europe, but couldn't make that journey this year. So we searched for a similar setting in the Pacific Northwest. We found it in the Abendbume! Wonderful stay, great staff, and impeccable property. They went out of their way to pamper us.

Room Tip: For a longer stay like ours (6 nights) opt for the Tannenbaum room. It is a secluded, quiet, 2 room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WJ S
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We love this beautiful B&B. It has a European feel with carved wood decor & beautiful white duvets...lots of flowers & pastoral scenery surrounded by hill/ mountains. The staff/ owners are friendly ,the breakfasts & evening snack are delicious & beautifully presented.This is a wonderful place to retreat to& yet close...5 minute drive to the Bavarian town of Leavenworth. We went to the outdoor hillside theatre to see The Sound Of Music...this is a fun evening & the play/ musical is well done. there are many different restaurants in town with a variety of cuisine. There are great hikes nearby...walks by the river .

• Stayed: September 2013