“Beautiful and relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Autumn Pond Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Iowa
“Beautiful and relaxing”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here in May for two night and enjoyed our time at Autumn Pond very much. John was a wonderful host and makes fabulous gourmet breakfasts. He was very helpful in pointing us to a fantastic hike along a rushing river (ah, mountain snow melt!)

We stayed in the bear room which was comfortable and bright and large enough for our needs. If you plan on sitting in your room reading, then you would probably want the suite which has comfortable reading chairs, but our plan was to hike and see the town.

Leavenworth itself is a pricey tourist town, but not kitschy. It is not large, so unless you visit every store, it will not take long to walk the streets. The views from the town of the mountains are great, and as we said, the hiking was wonderful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelinTays

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tacoma
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It was our first time to stay at this fabulous B&B only a few minutes from the heart of Leavenworth. It is set on a little over two acres. Gourmet breakfasts were served each morning. Very peaceful and quiet area, We sat outside and enjoyed the evening looking out at the pond. You won't be sorry if you decide to stay here!

Room Tip: We were in one of the smaller rooms, but there was a large tub in the cowboy room that I want to try...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Called AP B&B mid-week for 1-night stay, talked with the owner, John, and we made arrangements for my arrival. Due to the fact that he would be running errands at the expected time of my arrival, he provided instructions on how to let myself in, should I arrive prior to his return.

Upon arrival, the grounds were immaculate & the place was very easy to locate, lying outside of Leavenworth proper by less than 5 minutes. John greeted me immediately & made me feel right at home. "Checking-in" was accomplished in less than a minute, as I was handed my key and shown to my room (all rooms upstairs, only 1-flight of stairs).

Each room has its own attached restroom, complete with all expected amenities. Instead of being drab, white-washed rooms w/little décor, as mentioned in the property description, each room has its own theme. I chose the Bear room, there's also a Duck, Dog, & Bird room. There's a Country-Western suite, too. The pictures on the website don't do them justice. (Only thing I could find concern with was/is the Bear room picture was taken at night, and so the room seems darker than it actually is. And the bed in the photo looks like a Full, not a Queen, probably from the angle of the picture. It IS a Queen bed).

Mid-week, I had the place to myself. Not being in "downtown" proper, there was no noise from Hwy 2 or the city proper. Night was peaceful & relaxing. The property has several outside sitting areas, front & back, including a hammock. The day was a little warm for me, not comfortable with higher heat, and there was a portable fan in the room which provided plenty of comfort, no A/C being needed or necessary.

Breakfast the following morning, served at 8:45, was Tex-Mex themed, "Migas," as per John. Great presentation, hot, tasty, & filling. Diced potatoes & breakfast sausage, too. Fruit, juice, & coffee completed the breakfast. As the place was empty that morning, John & I had a leisurely discussion about many topics, including his love of cooking.

Having perused TripAdvisor for hotels earlier in the week, I'd decided to try a B&B instead, to help out the local business, w/o staying at a chain. I'm certainly glad I did, and the next time I pass through or visit, I'll make certain to call John for another reservation. Kudos!

Room Tip: Two of the rooms are "small," not more than bed & bathroom. Two of the rooms have a l...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ChrisGates359
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Went to Leavenworth for the first time since moving to Washington to see their Ice festival. The festival was a bust (no snow OR ice) but Autumn Pond was definitely the highlight. Gourmet breakfasts, quiet room, tons of hot water to warm up with after long hikes in the cold. The owner John was full of great tips on things to do in the area and places to eat. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Country Western suite. It was a good size with room to spread out, a small ensuite...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife, and my son and I came here last year for my wife's birthday and for our son who just turned 1 in 2012. We had such a wonderful experience and loved to breakfast. There was a ton of snow last year and our son loved running in the snow and sledding in downtown Leavenworth. We decided since it was so much fun to make another trip this past December again. Not as much snow this time around, but we got to stay in the suite again and really enjoyed our stay. Very close to town and yet far enough away to enjoy the quiet and see the stars. Sleigh rides by horses close by and love seeing the deer walk the snow. We had a wonderful time there both in 2012 and 2013 and highly recommend staying here, very reasonable and delicious breakfast.

Room Tip: If the suite is available it has a huge garden tub and heat lights over top, really nice and roomy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Autumnpond, Owner at Autumn Pond Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thanks for all the kind words Amber & Michael. Sorry about the lack of snow this time around. I can whip up a great breakfast but I can't whip up a snow storm.
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed at Autumn Pond over the weekend with friends from Portland and Canada. It was a wonderful place to relax, visit and get caught up. The area is a few minutes from downtown but so worth it. We chose a smaller room figuring we would all be hanging out in the living room. And that is what we did. The living room is large, with lots of windows and very open. It was very comfortable and we felt right at home. Breakfast was amazing, well balanced with large portions. John is the owner/host and did a great job. He is very personable, a great cook with creative dishes that are so tasty. Be sure to ask about the homemade cinnamon rolls. We will return for another visit, no question.

Room Tip: Rooms are only upstairs. If you are just looking for a room to sleep in, the smaller ones are fine...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laurie S
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed at Autumn Pond B & B this past weekend for my husband's birthday. the owner/innkeeper John was very attentive, personable and professional. he really made us feel welcome. The breakfasts were Incredible also! Great balance of flavors and wonderful recipes. Substantial enough to not need lunch. Downtown Leavenworth was just under a mile so we walked back and forth Friday and Saturday night for dinner and drinks. Beautiful piece of property, and extremely relaxing little vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple