Haus Rohrbach
Enzian Inn(Leavenworth)(Great Value!)
US$170
Linderhof Inn(Leavenworth)(Great Value!)
US$157
Alpen Rose Inn(Leavenworth)(Great Value!)
US$133
Der Ritterhof Inn(Leavenworth)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
Travelocity
Alpine Rivers Inn(Leavenworth)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
Aspen Suites at The Icicle Village Resort(Leavenworth)(Great Value!)
US$188
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdutch babiesb bcarolpensionbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We were a bit concerned after reading some reviews before going there. But I have to say that it was a great experience, and that we'd love to go there again in different seasons. We stayed there during the IceFest. We went there with a 15-month old baby boy. What a wonderful experience we had. The place is very family-oriented. The hosts were very nice and helpful. They prepared a highchair for our baby without us even asking. They're very accommodating. Not only the hosts were nice & friendly, but also were other guests we met. Many of them told us that they have come to this B&B for years!

We stayed in the Meadow room, which shared a bath with one other room. but we didn't have trouble with that at all. The bathroom was very clean. We loved that there's no TV or radio in the room :) Guests often gathered around the dining area. There's a beautiful view from the lodge. There's also a nice little hill (but very long) that guests can play sleigh.

The only drawback of this B&B is its location. It's about a mile from downtown. So, there's quite a long walk to shops&restaurants (if you don't want to drive).

We would definitely recommend this B&B to our friends and others.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SuperTul
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We arrived and were greeted by the sister/co-owner who immediately mentioned she was making dessert later and asked us to join her for it in a few hours. Since we have sayed here years before and the owners wife mentioned a long time ago that dessert is a seperate charge we knew this going in. The sister never mentioned the fee and we know it is posted away from the kitchen ( where the dessert is served) and over by the kids play room that in small faded writing, dessert is about $4.00 added on to your tab after your stay. Surprise! Well after we lingered in the seating / check in area later that afternoon we watched the co-owner offer this dessert to many arrivals and never once mention the charge, just smiled as if it was part of the b&b service. We headed to our very outdated room, blue , stained carpet. 2 bottles of water when 3 of us were booked in the room, and no more truffles, which they used to have in each room. The morning of breakfast, which typically are dutch babies the husband/co-owner Mike who has a week job was not in the serving mood. He looked like he just got out of bed and was exhasted. He wasn't friendly nor accomidating.If anything was asked of him other than what his helpers served he just said "ok" and handed it over. Sorry to put you out! We won't be staying here again , more money needs to be put BACK into the B&B and service needs to be revamped to owners who aren't burnt out or looking for a few extra side dollars. Change the carpet, the hard beds and the attitude and we'd consider staying again.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank snow20
Reviewed 21 December 2006

Some friends had recommended the Haus Rohrbach for a relaxing romantic getaway for my husband & I. Although it is a kid friendly place, it does not have TV and might be boring for those that want it. After reading one review that stated how bad the "Wildflower" suite was, I became a little nervous. But the room was beautiful! I could not have asked for more - although my husband would have preferred a TV for football! Carol and her sister Linda (who run the place), were terrific-very friendly and easy to be with. The food was fabulous! My husband did get upset because the entrance & driveway are not plowed, and our little sportscar had a great deal of difficulty in the snow & ice, getting up the hill, around the curve & into their driveway! If you have a 4x4, you shouldn't have any trouble though. This beautiful place is about a 1 1/2 miles from the town, very quiet and wonderful!

Stayed: December 2006
4  Thank rkbcjo
Reviewed 20 July 2006

We stayed at Haus Rohrbach on a short visit to Leavenworth to go rafting. Though we prefer the Sleeping Lady, the Haus Rohrbach is a good value and a much better choice than the chain-type motels in the village.

On checking in, we did notice that the interiors were a bit worn, but everything was very clean and the people were friendly. We stayed in two top floor rooms that shared a small balcony from which a beautiful view of the valley could be seen. The rooms were comfortable and clean as was the shared bathroom. On the way up to our rooms I did notice that a few of the rooms which faced the parking lot were indeed darker and dated in their furnishings.

Though the house was full we did not see or hear anyone until breakfast time. The breakfast was good - tasty french toast, homemade jams, fruit, sausages, coffee, juice....the kitchen always had a coffee and tea bar open, along with hot chocolate. There is a small pool and a jacuzzi amid a landscape of flowers.

Haus Rohrbach reminded me very much of a typical pensione that one would stay in as they traveled through Switzerland and Austria. It may not be what the usual american tourist is used to, but for comfort, service, and natural beauty it is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Oregon
Reviewed 16 June 2006

My husband and I stayed at Haus Rohrbach in September of '04. We reserved the "Wildflower Suite" so we could have a private room and bath. Driving up the place is really nice and secluded in the hills. When we arrived we went to the office to check in, here's where it started to go bad. The innkeepers have small children who were allowed to repeatedly interrupt the check in process because one of them was playing the video game and not letting the other one play. The first time was OK..because believe me I know how kids are, but after about the third time it started getting old. When that was finally overwith we were lead to our room. We were expecting a really nice room. In reality we got a sour dank smelling room in VERY bad need of an update. Oh well, we were there so we decided to make the best of it. After the second night I got a phone call from my mother telling me my great uncle was going to be in town whom I hadn't seen since I was a child. He was only in town for 2 nights (our house is about a 6 hour drive from Leavenworth) So I called Mike at Haus Rohrbach to see if they would let us check out early (it was labor day weekend and there were people crawling all over leavenworth looking for vacancies..so I'm sure they could have filled the awful void we would have left!) Anyway..after I explained my situation to him, he promptly said no that they would have to charge us for the room anyway because they require a 14 day cancellation notice. I politely told him over the phone that we were not satisfied with the room situation. The smell was really pretty nauseating for the 2 days were stayed in there and the room wasn't very clean when we got there. He got angry at that and then we went through a dead spot in the mountains and my cell phone disconnected (this had happened a couple of times during the conversation so Mike knew I was getting bad reception). I didn't try to call back and we just drove back to the Haus Rohrbach. When we entered the drive and parked we were met by a furious Mike who was accusing me of hanging up on him and telling us to leave the premisis. We just looked at each other and laughed..a little on the confused side as to where all this anger was coming from. No one ever expressed anger or raised their voices over the phone?? Anyway, he escorted us to our room, made us pack and leave while he watched us. They didn't charge usfor another night, so I guess that was a good thing..and I got to see my uncle (who has since passed) so that was another plus. But Haus Rohrbach will definitely NOT get a recommendation from us! Bad experience all around!

• Stayed: September 2004