“Getting back to the Old Country!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Pension Anna

Hotel Pension Anna
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Bothell
“Getting back to the Old Country!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Pension Anna was by far the greatest experience I have had at a hotel in the state of Washington. I had never been to Leavenworth but my fiancé and I decided the Pension Anna would be the best place to stay. It has a prime location within walking distance of every nook and cranny in Leavenworth. The German design and all the furniture was amazing and it was very much like the old country. The staff at Pension Anna was extremely friendly and made us feel like family. The traditional German breakfast was delicious. Overall, I would stay at the Pension Anna again and would recommend it to friends and family. Itis a beautiful hotel and the staff was outstanding. The Pfaffenwinkel room was amazing and very clean. The Pension Anna is as close to Germany as close itself!

Room Tip: Pfaffenwinkel is the way to go. Well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Gary-Michele T, Owner at Hotel Pension Anna, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
It is always paramount to us that you, our guest, have a unique and pleasant experience. We are so glad we succeeded. The pleasure we have om our side is to have the wonderful folks that we encounter on almost a daily basis at Pension Anna.
Thank you for choosing us and your kind thoughts,
Auf Wedersehen!! (Until next time?)
Gary and Michele and Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Lacey, WA
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at Pension Anna in early April and our 2 night stay was so comfortable. The owners, Michelle and Gary were wonderful! Their service was top rate and the use of a smart phone was fantastic! The breakfast was filling but light and was the perfect start to shopping on Front Street which was only a block away! The furnishings were beautiful and authentic pieces that made the overall feeling of the hotel truly Bavarian. Our stay in the Alte Kappele suite was wonderful. It was clean, comfortable and beautiful! I can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Gary-Michele T, Owner at Hotel Pension Anna, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you! It is paramount to us that our guest have a unique, warm and rewarding stay. We hope we gave you your share of the above. It was our pleasure and our staff raved about your stay to us too!!!!
Again, thanks for your kind input and hope tpo see you again soon.
Gary and Michele
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The biggest advantage to staying here is the location. I'm giving this four stars instead of five because the breakfast is pretty weak. The rooms were immaculate and beautifully decorated. Nice off street parking. We stayed for two nights, and a change of robes would have been nice. The hot tub is sooooo nice, and we used it right away upon arrival. We hung our robes and went out to dinner that evening. The next morning, we decided to soak in the hot tub again. The robes did not dry all the way, and were cold and soggy. This was not enough to not recommend, but a detail that was overlooked. One other detail that was overlooked was not keeping the products in the bathroom fully stocked. They provide very nice face wash, shampoo and conditioner. AGain, not a deal breaker, and I would suggest this spot with no hesitation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Hotel Pension Anna begins its journey to excellence with LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! From the hotel, it is possible to experience everything Leavenworth has to offer without having to drive anywhere.
That is only the beginning. I have stayed at other hotels in Leavenworth but none offer the quality and ambience of Hotel Pension Anna. The experience begins at check-in. Gary and Michelle know the meaning of customer service and they "deliver' until the moment you depart.
You can stay in a suite or any of their other rooms. It just depends how much luxury you desire.

Room Tip: I would always request a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim M
We at the Pension Anna Hotel appreciate your wonderful input. You two are always a treat for us and the discusiions from visit to visit are just what friends should be like--- we continue where we leave off. Thank you for joining us and....
Auf Weidersehen-- untilnext time?
Gary and Michele
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My wife and I had a great one night stay. My wife is pregnant and really enjoyed the specialized pregnancy massage and I really enjoyed my 90 min massage as well. The massage therapist that I had previously did a lot of work in sports medicine and was very helpful. Our room was clean, cosy, and all that we really needed after a great time at the spa. The jet tub in the room is pretty awesome as well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
maple valley
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Staying at Pension Anna was utterly perfect!

Our trip to Leavenworth included a little bit of business, time with my beau (husband), as well as a great time with our children and dear friends.

This Bavarian Bed and Breakfast is pure charm. Nothing put on - just the real deal. We stayed in one of their suites, which was glorious, not only impeccably clean, but akin to entering into a fairy tale, with high cathedral ceilings, hand carved wooden bed for mom and dad, and four poster twins for our sweeties, all crisply attired bedding with light weight but warm down comforters. Beautiful, richly designed fabric hanging behind the king size bed made me feel like a "principessa" (princess), as well as did the old world painted armoires, and cozy fireplace.

Yet it had every modern convenience I personally would wish for, insuring our comfort, convenience and pleasure - including a giant, in-room jacuzzi.

At night when the urge for something warm hit, just like at home, Pension Anna makes sure, you can "raid the kitchen" with hot chocolate, hot spiced cider, several delicious tea choices and hot coffee, available. And if you have the foresight to stop at one of the many, bakeries before hand, you could indulge in a luscious pastry to go with your hot tea by the fireplace, unless you'd prefer to sip wine along with the cheese you bought from the delicious, below ground cheese shop, on main street. The pastry with tea, though . . . oh my.

Just a thought, of course :-)

If the breakfast room had been only 4 feet tall, I could have imagined it to be a Frodo Baggins / Lord of the Rings worthy hobbit hole, in the shire - cozy and a little hidden, yet also light- filled and airy, with delightful, old-world carved, pine craftsmenship. Nothing pre-fabricated here.

And then the food - is pure bavaria. Soft or hard boiled eggs cooked just right, to order, served in little holders enveloped in locally knit cozzies, delicious muesli, housed in its own hand painted armoire, yogurt, coffee cake (yum), varieties of german breads with thin sliced meats, melt in your mouth cheeses, chilled juices and finally, fruit. There is no being rushed in this breakfast nook, heaven forbid, and there is an endless teapot of piping hot tea.

And even when the weather is cold and crisp, the Bavarian style, tile-covered fireplace, (I forget the name - drat) keeps the breakfast room toasty.

Finally, the proprieters . . . oh so gracious, kind and respectful! Gary and Michele, with just the right mix of "give you your privacy" and yet available with ideas, suggestions, attentive watchfulness for your empty cup, and lots of smiles and a willingness to visit - should you desire a friendly chat.

In fact, Pension Anna is so perfect, that we are planning to send our daughter, soon to be a bride, with her groom, for two nights after their wedding this summer. (This was an inspired idea by our pre-teen and teen-age children who were with us, and had the good sense to put two and two together.)

The suite we stayed in would be storybook perfect for a honeymoon for newly-weds, anniversary, as well as a respite and renewal for us long time married, but still in love, aging boyfriend/girlfriends.

Pension Anna is genuinely loaded with charm extraordinare.

And we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The chapel or "altah kappelle" (Not sure I spelled it right) was stunning and perfectly de...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 6 March 2012

When my husband and I planned our final getaway before the arrival of our baby, we had no idea that I would be put on bedrest just before our planned trip. Fortunately, my doctor let me go, with warnings to adhere to my bedrest away from home. The Solstice Spa and Suites turns out to be a wonderful place to spend a few very restful days. The prenatal massage and pedicure were wonderful treats and the staff was very kind and accommodating of our special needs. I highly recommend for a babymoon, even if that's includes bedrest.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple