“Old World Charm-but worn out beds!”
Review of Hotel Pension Anna

and 1 more site!
Hotel Pension Anna
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Portland, Oregon
“Old World Charm-but worn out beds!”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We arrived in Levenworth, the small Bavarian like Christmas town in Washington State, and looked forward to staying in the Pension Anna. The hotel looks very much like those in Switzerland, and we looked forward to the large canopy beds.
To our surprise, the bed comes with little sleeping pouches for covers, not sheets or spreads. The mattress was a little sagging which cause both of us to be REALLY close all night! LOL! The price was a little steep for the room, but you cant put a price on getting a good nights sleep! I would recommend the hotel with a caveat, make sure you get a good solid bed.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Carefulkat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Burien, Washington
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I stayed one night with my soon to be husband 2 nights before our wedding. In the morning we had a couples massage which was amazing!! The whole experience was calm, relaxing, & rejuvenating! Exactly what we needed.
The whole place is gorgeous! The rooms are quite luxurious with the option of opening the bathroom/bathtub to the bedroom! There is an outdoor soaking tub which is like a hot tub but in the ground made of stone. Loved every minute of it!!

Deerhorn, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed 3 days- including 2 nights- in magical Leavenworth, truly the Bavarian Alps available to all without expensive international travel! Our goals were for a safe and quiet hotel at night with short walking distance to all attractions. Pension Anna was all that and more: Owners Michelle and Gary and their small staff provided for our every need in such a manner that one would think they were family! From a single guest to group accomodations, Pension Anna is authentic Bavarian style, decor, and hospitality. We noted that all systems were like-new and in good working order, maintained on a daily basis by their son, Guy. There are spa-equipped rooms on each floor, and even one in their cozy converted chapel that could accomodate a large gathering or family! We've already booked return reservations for January, 2011, when the whole town will become alive with a winter Bavarian extravaganza! It will be like returning home to family!
Conrad and Ellie Harris-Brown

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This hotel was in the downtown area, it was an easy walk to the stores, yet it was a couple of blocks away, so not a high traffic area. The room we stayed in was in the chapel and was spacious and very nice. The front desk lady took us to our room when we checked in and told us all about it(how the chapel had been moved from elsewhere in the town and relocated here). They serve a breakfast which included meat, cheeses, fruit, cereal, coffee, hot chocolate, and my husbands favorite, soft boiled eggs. The owners were there the two mornings we were there and were very friendly to everyone, they made a point to chat with each group. That was nice to see. We really enjoyed it, and look forward to staying there again.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I can't believe we've visited Leavenworth so many times and never stayed at Hotel Pension Anna, it's everything Leavenworth strives to be and so much more! Thank You to Gary and Michele (the owners) who made the trip so memorable for us. This is easily the most authentic, Bavarian hotel we've come across, but that's just the beginning. It's obvious as soon as you step foot onto the property, that the staff genuinely loves what they do. We would have thought we were the most important guests that have ever stayed there.
I don't write reviews, positive or negative, but this experience caused me for the first time to go out of my way to share my recent experience. We will be back again... and again... and again:)

1 Thank BrianT010
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Bottom line, I love this hotel. I traveled here with a business partner and we stayed in the two bedroom Alte Kapelle Old Chapel Suite. I live in Issaquah, WA about 2.5 hours away and will be booking my room for my family to spend time this winter here (probably take the train from Seattle to top it off). Perfect walking distance to everything in town and the service was exceptional!

We entered our room stepping out of Washington State directly into Bavaria. Every aspect of our room was obviously attended to with exceptional care. We had an early morning meeting which I almost missed...I blame this completely on the comfort of our beds! Our suite had 20+ foot ceilings and even with their height our stove kept the room a comfortable and cozy temp all night long.

The main part of downtown Leavenworth is only steps away from the hotel which is perfect for shopping or dinners after a long day. We had dinner at Cafe Mozart (which I highly recommend). In the morning after our meeting we came back for a traditional Bavarian breakfast which hit the spot. If you want the true experience of the hotel just spend a few minutes at breakfast looking at the faces of the travelers while discussing their travels with the hotels owner/operators as they come fully dressed in traditional Bavarian clothing. Our discussions with the owners were truly the icing on the Bavarian cake, a must for this experience.

Final thought, if you want the true Bavarian experience, this is the hotel for you. I can hardly wait to spend some time there with my family this winter with skiing and Christmas tree lighting! I can't wait to get back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We stayed at Solstice to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in comfort and with friends. Our stay exceeded all our expectations - great way to celebrate 25 years. We have been customers of Solstice since they started operations in 2004. We have stayed in their suites, enjoyed therapeutic treatments and/or purchased items from their store at least once a year since our first trip. We also have fully enjoyed the friendships we've developed with the owners and staff. We are always greeted with smiling faces. We even invited them to join us for our anniversary dinner and they came!!! We had a great time!!! Tammy is the best massage therapist I have ever had - and I've had plenty! She can read my body like a book! She has taught me so many things to help with my pain and disability! God Bless you Tammy! I do agree that the beds are a bit hard, but the luxury and peacefullness make up for it. We will continue to patronize Solstice every chance we get!