“Quiet, Private, Romantic getaway”
Review of Pine River Ranch

Pine River Ranch
Ranked #12 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Moscow, Idaho
“Quiet, Private, Romantic getaway”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 3 day, 2 night anniversary trip to Leavenworth. We stayed at the Pine River Ranch and didn't regret a thing. We were in the Nason suite, it was everything that we were looking for in the trip. Quiet, Private and Romantic. The breakfast each morning was good, served at the time they were promised and were more than enough food. Regrettably the weather was so cold that we didn't have a chance to do much in the way of outdoor activities around the ranch, but from I saw it would have been a lot of fun. I would recommend Pine River Ranch to anyone and plan on coming back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My wife and I just returned from two days here. W were there during the week, we were the only guests! Very nice room, which was half a cabin, very romantic. Breakfast served in your room. The biggest issue is due to being so remote, there are no good dining options close by. The golf course restaurant was closed, so choices are pretty limited.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank olytraveler_10
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I made a reservation back in almost a year in advance and when I called the week before my HONEYMOON to confirm the reservation I was told, "Sorry, one of the days you reserved you can not stay here because of a wedding." I was not offered anything at first except sorry and there was no other options. My fiance called them back and they offered to put us up for a night at the good old 59ner diner down the street for our honeymoon. We discussed this option and after looking at the 1950's decor and the flat screen TV on the 1950's black and white TV, we decided not to take their offer. They then offered to put us up at another lodge but that too was not as nice as Pine River Ranch. We were very disappointed and decided to cancel our reservations. Pine River Ranch offered a generous 25% discount on a future stay. We were very fortunate to have been able to book at a much friendlier and more hospitable lodge. I would highly recommend booking at Mountain Home Lodge. I am very disappointed in how Pine River Ranch treated us a week before our honeymoon. I wonder if they were ever going to call us and tell us. We made reservations at Pine River Ranch because we had a wonderful stay there in January of 2012. We know how much they charge for weddings, which is not cheap, and I understand why they booked a wedding during our reserved stay but a phone call would have been nice. We were very lucky to go to Mountain Home and had a wonderful visit. I would check with Pine River Ranch weekly to make sure your reservations are still valid. They tired to accommodate us but what they offered me was not good enough for our honeymoon. It is unfortunate that this occurred.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Creatinine1
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I absolutely loved this place. My friend had her wedding here and it was perfect! I would have my wedding there if it wasn't so far from the Seattle area! The barn where we had the reception was perfect and so cute! I would definitely recommend this place!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jfogarty6
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Spent a wintery weekend at Pine River Ranch away with my husband. The hosts were amazing and the room was incredible. Sitting by the fire watching the snow fall, taking a long hot bath in the river rock tub and having the most wonderful breakfast delivered to our room. The romantic town of Leavenworth was only a 15 minute drive and we had a wonderful time getting in the Christmas spirit! The room is well maintained as were the grounds. They lent us winter boots so we could go walking through the snow down to the river. The lighting and the room layout was soothing and our room had a great deal of privacy. Everything was perfection. It was an amazing weekend away - I will definitly be returning.

Room Tip: Choose one of the cabins outside for the greatest privacy.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lysmekah
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The website doesn't do this slice of heaven justice. Upon driving up to the ranch, we were amazed at not only the beauty, but the tidy manicured grounds. The suite we were led to was nothing short of perfect. Great layout and lighting, cozy surroundings and woodsy charm. The most minor details were thought of. The bed was a technological dream (Natapoc suite). We had the convenience of A/C as well as the charm of a fireplace. This place was so peaceful at all times of day or night.
Now, let's talk about the breakfasts. Rachelle is our kind of cook. Hearty, yet healthy breakfasts that never left us wanting. I don't recall getting hungry til dinner time the whole time we were there.
There is plenty of wildlife that surrounds this haven. Birds aplenty. The evening brought out an amazing display of bats flittering about, and the early morning howls of coyotes was a rare treat.
This is an adults only facility (which attracted us) and no pets are allowed. However, David and Rachelle were kind enough to share their resident pets (no, there is no double standard here) with us. Raya, their Russian Blue is so sweet and shy, but Tai, their 3 month-old Malamute is as playful and large as a bear cub. My wife could not get enough of him and she can't wait to get back to play with him again (even though he may out-weigh her by then).
My wife and I (married 17 years) wish that this venue was available for our wedding. It is absolutely amazing what you can do to decorate this historic barn and grounds for a wedding of almost any size.
Lastly, and certainly not least, the hosts are terrific. David and Rachelle are truly down to earth. The more we talked, the more we felt like these people were kindred spirits. We truly felt that we forming a friendship as we sat on the wrap-around porch chatting with them. They are dedicated to making their guests feel as comfortable as possible. They are passionate about their endeavor, and they truly want to give you the best experience possible.
We look forward to staying at their little slice of Heaven again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravelingPooh
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 9 August 2012

15 miles outside leavenworth and near to Lake Wenachee, this B&B has a lot to offer. Rooms are in cabins, with a kitchenette, jacuzzi, living area, fireplace, deck with a view of surrounding woods, and bed. Breakfast is delivered to your room and you make your own coffee in room. The grounds are lovely and well groomed. The owners are friendly and live on site.The jacuzzi was also surrounded by a curtain to become your shower. We stayed in the Lodgepole suite. Nice setting for a wedding. The new owners are very enthusiastic about their B&B and are making lots of improvements and additions.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple