“Ahhhhhhhhhh.................”
Review of Run of the River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Run of the River
Ranked #4 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Blaine, WA
“Ahhhhhhhhhh.................”
Reviewed 17 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at Run of the River to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and loved it from start to finish. We were greeted with wonderful hospitality, and were delighted to hear relaxing music when we were shown our room. We loved our private deck with porch swing where we could watch the wildlife, and enjoyed the twice daily parade of quail strutting by. Leavenworth is a short trip by car, no more than 5-10 minutes, and what a great little town to visit!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Wow! What an amazing weekend. My spouse and I stayed two nights in the Osprey suite. We were given a tour of the quaint inn and then taken to our room. When we entered, it smelled soooo good and clean and there was soft music playing. The heated tile floors in the bathroom were amazing. We've only seen these in Europe before and definitely added a little something special to our stay. On the first day, it was sunny and I enjoyed taking a nap in the porch swing in the sunshine listening to the birds sing as I rocked myself to sleep. The fireplace was also a great touch. One flick of a switch and you have a blazing fire to snuggle up to. My husband and I enjoyed sitting next to the first and playing card games for hours.
The owners had handwritten welcome notes that were left on our bed.
The breakfast was amazing. 5 courses and enough food to make you not even want to eat lunch. Steve was a great host and Jan a great hostess. Can't forget to mention Fanny, the dog. Super friendly and adds a great touch to staying at the inn. Amazing views, very quint and personal feel! Definitely will go back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KatherineausGeorgia
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Great Northwest suite for 3 nights and were so content there. The massive bed is very comfortable, and I absolutely LOVED the heated tile floor in the bathroom! I do wish the shower was a bit bigger, but it's sufficient, and the bath products provided are outstanding! Really, I smelled so good while staying there. :-) The deck is spacious and includes a sturdy swing, although the bird feeder is not there right now. I also loved the various notes around the room- instructions, greetings, information, etc. I think the coffee maker is a bit of overkill, as is the full-sized laminated paper that gives justification and directions for using the thing, but it's a minor issue compared to all of the good things about the inn. Jan was a very good hostess; we enjoyed her low-key manner and her descriptions of the many good things to do and see and eat around Leavenworth. The breakfasts were high quality and plentiful, and the family style setting is interesting, not really awkward, like I thought it might be.

1 Thank DDawnC
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 February 2011

My wife and I booked a Valentine's Day getaway and my expectations were very high after reading all of the accolades online. I'm pleased to say my expectations were exceeded and then some. Steve and Jan are simply the nicest folks around and really make sure that their guests feel at home and have everything they could possibly need.

We stayed in the Enchantments suite and it was probably the nicest place I have stayed in my life. The rooms are so cozy, the beds are very comfortable and the jacuzzi tubs are spacious. The view from the deck is unparalleled. It is just so quiet and relaxing.

The breakfasts, or more accurately feasts, that Jan masterfully prepares are magnificent. They are organic, healthy and delicious and will fill you up until dinner (or happy hour). They are served family-style and it's fun interacting with the other couples staying there each morning.

We are anxious to return soon and highly recommend anyone who is looking for a getaway in Leavenworth to check out Run of the River.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Run of the River is everything you could hope for in a B&B! Beautiful location, amazing suites, and friendly hosts. We celebrated our anniversary, and we had such a wonderful time! The food is over-the-top good, and we had fun getting to know our fellow guests. We are definitely going to return- hopefully in the summer. Fannie the dog is a special "extra"! I highly recommend Run of the River for your stay in Leavenworth!

Seattle
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Words will never be able to describe our perfect wedding at Run of the River, but it was such a great experience that we at least have to try: The Enchantment suite was fantastic from the cozy fireplace to the heated floors in the gorgeous bathroom. The coffee maker grinds the beans right before the pot is brewed, and the balcony is a place where you can spend hours just looking out over the icicle river. The view is quite amazing, and the bird-watching is great when you put out the food that the Inn provides for them. We had not met our officiant Michael before our wedding day, but his calm, quiet and kind demeanor was exactly what we needed when he married us in front of a large window that overlooked the winter wonderland scenery. The decor surrounding us was warm, lovely, and classy. Our elopement ceremony flowed seemlessly, and our photographer Margie-Lou was sweet and encouraging. Taking pictures with her was actually fun. There is NO better place to elope in the state of Washington. Run of the River is the perfect place to marry the love of your life, and we can't wait to come back for our 1st anniversary. Thank you Janna!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My partner and I decided to take a vacation for New Years all by ourselves without the all five kids for the first time ever!!! Best Place we could have ever stayed!!! Everything was perfect!!! He even said that we needed to start doing this at least once a year from now on!!! It was our first trip to a B & B and it was wonderful!!! I cant wait to do it again!!! Thanks so much!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple