“What beautiful wildlife here.”
Review of Run of the River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Run of the River
Ranked #2 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“What beautiful wildlife here.”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Stay was fantastic. Little nits as I am a hotel brat. Water pressure was low in shower. Jetted tub was a bit loud and hissed for a jetted tub.

The pros. Tons. Binoculars in rooms. Bubble kits to act like a kid. Provided backpacks walking sticks bikes and helmets to name a few. Very nice setup. Loved the candles left for star lamp. It projected all over the room in the dark.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Springville, Utah
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My wife and I like to take a road trip thru the NW each fall. I found Run of the River three years ago and we stayed at Ravenwood for 4 nights. It was one of the most relaxing, romantic, and surprising stays we have had anywhere. We enjoyed it so much that we stayed there again in the fall of 2011 for 4 nights. Same results. Jan and team are unbelievably nice and attentive to anything we might need. They quickly become friends. The breakfasts are unbelievable. All the rooms are outstanding, we've looked at them all. But if you're looking for a very secluded and even more private get-away, Ravenwood is worth the extra $. I never tell my wife where we're headed on our road trip, or where we're going to stay - she likes the surprises. But since our first stay in 2010 she's asked that we stay in Ravenwood if possible, so I just booked it for the third year in a row. There is a reason that Jan and the staff has received the types of reviews they have. If you haven't stayed here before, you're probably wondering like I was when I booked it having only found it on an internet search and having read the reviews. The reviews are real, and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ravenwood is worth the extra $
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulandShelly
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Upon our arrival we were greeter by the Inn keeper/Owner who gave us a very warm welcome . She gave us a
Tour of the Inn and then took us to our room. When I walked in I was speechless on how warm and welcoming the room was and that it had so many personal details . The view was beautiful and very peaceful ! The homemade breakfast was delicious and fattening :-) . We enjoyed our stay and wish we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Sasha1964
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is so private, so quiet, so peaceful, so beautiful...with an ox-bow of the main river taking a break right in front of your deck, you see wildlife, ducks, birds of all kinds, squirrels, chipmunks. The last 3 come right onto your deck & eat the sunflower seeds provided by your hosts. The perfect place to celebrate an anniversary, we opted to take our 1st ride on a bicycle built for 2, which was provided by our hosts. Bicycles are hanging all around with enough for every room. This is an adults-only property so it's a real get-away for busy parents who need a break. A nice selection of DVDs was available, the fireplace warmed up our room in a jiffy, the jacuzzi was ready with herb salts & oversized towels. I even typed a love note to my husband on their old-time Remington Rand typewriter in our room. What fun! Coffeemaker & mini-frig is also in every room. The bed was fabulous, but I spent most of my free time out on the deck watching the critters & taking pictures from our suite "Up a Creek." The difference in the various suites is minimal. Some have larger decks & are on the ground floor (King Fisher). But I loved the view from the upper deck even tho' it was smaller-- it had a swing & and adirondack chair with all the outdoor blankets I needed to keep warm in the morning hours.

Room Tip: I was worried that I would really want one room more than another, but they are all great. All face...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I read through all the reviews I could and couldn't believe there weren't any average or poor ones but after our 3 night stay I now can easily believe it! Everything from the suite (we were in hit the trail) to the service to the food to everything on the grounds truly rates a 5 star review. It is away from the highway and main town, so all you hear is the wildlife. The 5 course breakfasts are all homemade and normally are locally grown and plenty to eat! So many 'little things' that they have added to make it just a fun stay like bird seed, day packs and hiking sticks, all the information you will need for any outdoor activity in the area as well as past guest recommendations for places to eat in town. There truly isnt a negative thing to say or add, we will definitely come back in the fall!

Room Tip: Hit The Trail is a corner 2nd floor with a great deck and view!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul S
Sparks, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Absolutley beautiful hotel and great place to stay. Had a warm feeling of the country with a river running right outside. The little touches were nice the bird seed, bubble kit, picnic basket, bikes, backpacks and poarch swing. The room itself very wonderful. Bed extremely comfortable, bathroom lovely and jacuzzi tub very nice. Great hospitality and very, very good customer service. 5 course breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Thank you to the staff for getting us in last minute. We will be back.

Tan and Kam.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
canada
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stayed here for a belated birthday/ anniversary trip. It was wonderful! The rooms are beautifully decorated, and are so comfortable. You really feel welcomed coming in.
The food, the comfy bed, our hosts, the great recommendations, the view...I seriously could go on and on. It was a great trip, a great stay and will be coming back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple