“When the only choice, it will do in a pinch!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Liberty Lake
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boise, Idaho
“When the only choice, it will do in a pinch!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

On a last minute trip to North Idaho we stayed in Liberty Lake because it is the end of the summer and all other hotels were booked. The location is less the desirable for restaurants. There were several fast food types and we ended up ordering pizza to be delivered. We used the hot tub/spa and pool, they had a sign they were remodeling but the area was clean and accessible. The hot tub was scalding, way too hot to submerge one’s self and stay for any length of time; the pool was perfect for cooling off or swimming. Our room was handicapped and had no bathroom counter around the sink, this made it difficult to use if you are not handicapped. The tub had fixtures for handicap expect the shower head; I had to stand on the edge of the tub to reach it, odd. The room was very clean and the window opened for fresh air, but it faced I90 so it had to be closed in order to sleep. It is an older establishment and needs up-grades, the elevator is in a hall with standard doors to access, this again would not work for handicap and made transporting luggage difficult. The staff was pleasant. Hopefully we can plan and not need to stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't expect a lot and it will be okay, but not worth the cost.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Completely not what I expected from a hotel in a tiny town even though they are a chain! We booked a one night room for 2 adults, with 1 king bed. The lobby was very neat, front desk ladies very courteous and nice even though we rolled in at 11pm. Painless check-in, booked reservation on choice-hotel.com and they had no issues finding our reservation. In and out within minutes.

Free parking, although it was packed by the time I got there Sat night, there was still parking spots open.

Indoor jacuzzi and pool open until 1am, which normally would be 10pm at other hotels/motels. SO greateful for that after a long drive.

Our 1 king bed hotel room was exceedingly spacious. There was the bed area and a separate area with a love seat and ottoman.

Bathroom isn't fancy but relatively modern; it was small, with toilet and stand up shower in close proximity but very clean and operable. Shower head was in good order (really important to me). Sink is located apart from toilet & shower (LOVE).

The a/c in the room might be too noisy to light sleepers but it didn't bother me. Our tv had direct TV with all the satellite channels (even more than I had at my own house). I was expecting just the local cable channels.

Hot breakfast was included with our stay. It had eggs, sausages, muffins, bagels, yogurt, begian waffles, etc. I was expecting a cold breakfast (if at all) for the price we paid. The breakfast person was very friendly and had a great attitude, judging from an interaction I saw.

Overall, this facility has decor, furniture, and facilities that is relatively current and new which shows to me that they're constantly updating and not waiting for everything to fall apart first. For the price we paid ($109 before taxes and fees for 1 night) what we got greatly exceeded expectations!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Since my daughter will be going away to college soon, I wanted to spend a girl's night out close to home but not home ;-) I chose this place for the pool, and breakfast but neither was the most inviting. But I'll back up a bit first. Front office staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was clean. As with most motels, the bed was too firm for me but that's my issue, not the motel's. We had the fan on all night so everything seemed quiet. I liked the flat screen tv but the so called channel guide in the 'book' on the table was so outdated, no channels were correct. Free HBO was offered but I had to call and ask the front desk what channel it was on. Free wifi in a motel is always appreciated and it worked great. The location is an easy on/off the freeway but it's remote enough that I wanted to take a walk but didn't feel comfortable with the location.

On to the pool. They were still in the midst of construction in that area so there was a lot of scraped paint. To me the pool looked murky and I couldn't really see the bottom. It was a bit cool but the hot tub was plenty hot. It seemed very old and outdated with lots of paint missing from the interior. I showered well after getting out of both. Another configuration detail I wasn't comfortable with, is that you have to walk through the lobby with your suit on to get to the pool area. And there is no place to dress in the pool area so that's the only way in.

I was looking forward to breakfast so checked it out and grabbed a cup of coffee. The usual cereals, instant oatmeal, green oranges (as in not ripe), yogurt, donuts and muffins. There was a waffle iron, but no mix to make them while I was there. There were so called eggs and sausages that were so pale I wouldn't have touched them at all. I heard a woman say that the eggs were as good as the sausage looked. That's all I needed to hear. My daughter and I went to IHop instead.

One thing I look forward to in a motel is a nice shower. The shower head looked promising but it really didn't cut it. And it was so high up, it was hard to reach to adjust. But what really got me is the shower curtain. The bar was slightly curved and when I tried to move it to the edges to keep water off, it would spring back to the middle. The top was made of some kind of springy plastic so I took a shower with a good 18 inches on each end exposed. That left puddles of water on the floor so I just threw my towels on afterwards. It was like using no shower curtain at all.

We had a nice time in spite of it all, but it's somewhere I wouldn't go to again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dennymas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed one night in Liberty Lake in July, we had reserved a suite since there were 6 of us. The hotel location is good and was easy to kind off the interstate. When we arrived we were told that the suite we reserved was under repairs and we were given two double rooms instead for the same price, this was not a problem as the rooms were beside each other. Except that the attendant gave us the wrong room key and when we opening the room it was already occupied, she quickly fixed her mistake and gave us the correct room key on the other side of the adjacent room. The other room was not occupied but it could have been a bad scene.
The rooms were nice and comfortable, the breakfast was really good, the pool was being renovated but the large hot tub was nice.
The smoking area at the back of the pool is not a good idea as the smoke was evident in the pool and the breakfast room, you need to fix this.
The attendant was helpful when we asked for dinner suggestions and directions to Coeur de Lane.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brent F
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We booked this hotel through the Choice Hotels 1-800#. The dopes they hire to man the phones are completely unable to deviate from their corporate script. They follow it with a rabidness I've never experienced before. Heaven help you if you get one of the women! Bossy and rude. It's annoying to have to make a reservation through the corporate number but I wanted to be part of the summer promotion so I have had to endure them several times. Go ahead, try them, the number is 800.521.2121. You'll see. It also appears others, walk-ins and people who booked online, paid less for their rooms. Ours was a king and we paid $99 for a weekday stay.

Dog Owners: There's no pet fee at this hotel and if your dog loves water then you are in for a treat. Very close by is the Spokane River with access on both sides of the river. There's also a dog park close by - follow the highway east to the next exit, go left then left again to the entrance. It's an old rest area converted to a, well, an old rest area that happens to have a dog park.

A word about the hotel: The staff was friendly though one person behind the desk had a massive(!) glob of old food running down his shirt. I'm not sure if he was an employee or not but it wasn't professional at all. Our room was not ready at 3:00, 4:00, or 5:00 but that's when we finally insisted on getting our keys. A few minutes after we got to the room the housekeeper stopped by to deliver towels. So that 2 hour wait was about some dumb towels we didn't need.

Okay, now about hotels that are dated. Being dated isn't a crime, however, peeling wallpaper? Seriously? If you're too cheap as an owner or a manager to redo the room at least send someone with some glue or sticky tape to reattach the draping wallpaper. Oh by the way, it wasn't just one little bit in one little spot - it was ALL OVER THE ROOM! It's not rocket science. And that thread bare couch? Can't you go find something at Big Lots or another store that looks decent?

The hotel was hard for us to find as we were traveling from the west and didn't see it from that direction. We ended up driving several miles trying to find it. They have NO signage on the main road indicating where they are. Thank God for the iPhone map app.

Based on the unprofessional looking guy behind the desk, the peeling wallpaper and the thread bare couch there's no way in hell I'd stay here again. There's too many other places that at least care about their guests.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dustyduo
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I spent three nights and was very comfortable. The room was clean, the scenery was very nice, breakfast was on the generous side of continental, and it was close to the freeway. I was able to find a good deal online, and while I was at the hotel, I overheard a customer come in without any kind of discount. But the desk clerk said, "Oh look, I found a coupon for you!" and happily gave him a discount. I didn't have time to try out the indoor pool. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Grayland, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Arrived at 2:15 after a 6 hour drive with three kids (two 10 and one 7). It was 90 degrees outside and the room wasn't ready. No biggie, but whoever the gal was at the front desk was kind of RUDE about it. Didn't appreciate that. Came back an hour later and a different person thankfully checked us in. The room was BIG, 2 queens in the bedroom and a pull-out sofa sleeper in the living room. The room had a kitchen which was okay. The place is a bit dated.

My kids are all about the POOL. So of course we immediately went down so they could swim. They got out within 5 minutes complaining that their lips and eyes burned from the water. Mine were burning just from being in the room. There is a sign in there that says to excuse the mess for remodel. They refused to go back into that pool the whole three days we were there. The next day a lady was coming out of the pool and tried to warn me not to let the kids use the pool. I told her I wish someone had told us that the day before!

It seemed that every time we left the room our key would quit working. I didn't even have the key anywhere near electronics, or my phone so I don't know what the deal was there. We would just stop by the front desk and ask for it to be reset. Kind of an annoyance.

Our beds were okay, but the bedding had burn holes in it. The a/c is loud and kind of wakes you up all night long as it kicks on and off. You need it on, it's hot out there! And bring your own pillows if you can. These ones are flat and not very comfy.

Breakfast was okay. Sausage patties, egg patties, cereal, muffins and donuts, yogurt.

The hotel is a little out of the way of anything, kind of in an industrial area. Might be a better choice for a business trip rather than a family trip.

No one said a word to us as we came or went and we always had to ring the bell for service as it was rare someone was out front to greet you. I like hotels that have friendly smiles and ask how your stay is going while you're there.

We did not bring any of our complaints to managements attention. It seemed no one was all that worried about weather or not our stay was comfortable and we didn't plan to spend that much time in the room anyway. It served its purpose.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a family hotel, I would suggest looking elsewhere, Spokane or Post Falls.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#1 of 5 in Post Falls
Hampton Inn & Suites Spokane Valley

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!