“Great family beach stay..oceanfront and affordable..”
Review of Chautauqua Lodge

Chautauqua Lodge
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Port Orchard, Washington
“Great family beach stay..oceanfront and affordable..”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have been stay here for almost 20 years to be honest it's had some major downs the last few years. I can honestly say the new management they have brought in is doing wonders at bringing this place back. Great views, full kitchen 2 bath and bedroom in the suites are perfect for a family. We stayed in 308 which I highly recommend for couples..fully remodeled room..gorgeous kitchen,king bed in the bedroom, flat screen tv and upgraded tile floors. Great pool and hot tub area and also the restaurant is under new ownership and the food is amazing! Glad to see this place coming back around! No wifi unless your in the lobby but time is better spent at the beach in my option!

Room Tip: Ask for a fully remodeled room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deb H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Kelso, Washington
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We paid far too much for the 70's room that we ended up in. We needed a room for the night and all other hotels were sold out. Now I know why. We were there 15 years ago and it was ok then. No updates since. We had a double queen room, with terrible beds. The TV was older than dirt, and blurry. The fireplace was broken. No screen door on the slider, so no possible way to get air in the room. The walls are paper thin and the floors; even worse. There is only Wi-Fi in the lobby...and cell reception was limited at best. No microwave or fridge in room. We paid well over $100 and it's money down the toilet. (Which didn't work all that super either). The only bright spot about this place is that we were allowed to check in very early...which was great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Silverton, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I am pretty sure we got the last room available in all of Long Beach on July 19. We took an unplanned trip to Long Beach and decided to stay. We called around and got a room here and then read the reviews. Needless to say we were worried.
It definitely is an older hotel which could use some updates. We were on the bottom floor. It was clean.
As others said it had a slight musty smell and the fireplace didn't work. The walls are super thin. But it worked for a bed to sleep on which is all we were looking for. We didn't care about the old TV, we brought cards and had a food time playing as a family.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BrookeinOregon
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Worst bed ever couldn't sleep at all. Rooms are old though we were told they were renovated. Carpet dirty, locks falling off the doors, fireplace doesn't work, television blurry. Pretty cheap for Sat in summer, now we know why. Don't bother with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ClarkDJ
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This place is at the top of the list for the worst place I have ever tried to sleep (yes tried....because i never actually could). We booked an "ocean front" room and where happy to pay $90 a night (a real deal right?). When we got to our room we where supprized by how horrible it was. We had read some reveiws about it being outdated and thought it would be ok.....the 90s is outdated right? It appears nothing has been done since the 70s when this place was built. We ended up switching to a "condo" and paying an extra $50. It was just as bad. The lights kept on going out due to a triped breaker, the walls where so thin i could hear the people in the next room piss, no AC, and the window "coverings" did not even cover the entire window. I would have rather slept in the car. Save your money. Go to Super 8. If this is the only hotel left in town than STAY IN ANOTHER TOWN!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank timhodges1
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It saddens me to have to write such a poor review, but others need to know. I chose this hotel because I stayed here 20 years ago and it was wondeful, then. Don't be fooled by the ocean view, there is not one unless you pay $40 more per night. We stayed on the ground floor hoping to walk out our slider to the beach...I must have forgotten it was 3/4 mile away. Microwave, refrige, breakfast included...nope, available for a fee. Wimpy water pressure. I could barely rinse the shampoo from my hair. TV, well, I think it was state of the art (from when I stayed there 20 years ago). Now it's archaic and should be in antique mall. The walls are paper thin, the floor creaked, and I won't take up space or time talking about the wall art; I'll just say, yikes. Did I mention the broken fireplace? Did I say no ventalization:heat or cool? No screen on the door for the 'old fashioned' ventalation. It definately smelled musty. Sheets and mattress pad was so stretchout it didn't stay on the mattress corners. Even the 'book of things to do' avertised dates from 2011 and 2012. Be aware that the price listed on the funbeach web site is not the price you will pay. I asked for that rate and they were conviently 'sold out'.
In summary, save your money. It was NOT cheap, and I think a Motel 6 or Super 8 may have been a better choice. Upon departure, the property manager asked what I DID like about it. I honestly said, "I'd have to think about it."

Room Tip: See it before you make a decidion to stay. You might continue shopping.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LM C
Long Beach, Washington
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Rooms have no Wi-Fi, 20% of all the lights are out, front desk lady ignored us when we needed to ask for towels, peeling linoleum in rooms, sliding glass door doesn't work- it's hard to just open! The decks are not safe to stand on, the brackets holding them up are flaking off. Even the lobby that they tell you has Wi-Fi doesn't work well :(

• Stayed June 2014