“great stay”
Review of Chautauqua Lodge

Chautauqua Lodge
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 7 November 2009

Very pet friendly, great rooms. The web site is great, with all the new pictures. I got the room I reserved and was very pleased. The restaurant is fantastic with the prime rib on sat night. will be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 October 2009

Our room worked great for us! 6 ladies with the following accomodations- two bedroom condo with a king bed a queen sofa sleeper and a single and full bed. Two bathrooms and a roomy kitchen area.
The balcony in the livingroom looked out toward the ocean.
We could not have asked for better weather in October; we walked on the beach in
T-shirts and tank tops and there were a lot of people flying kites on the beach - Very fun.
The grocery store in town was right on the main street and well stocked.
There is a restaurant right by the lodge office and the food was pretty good and reasonably priced we ate there twice.
Definately planning to go again!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ornsmh
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We stayed in a remodeled condo suite. It had two rooms with queen sized beds, two bathrooms two tv's, and a kitchen area. I had called ahead to ask if I could bring my african grey parrot and they said no problem. They did inform me that there would be a $50 fine if my animal was too noisy when left unattended which is nice. I did see other people with dogs in the lodge but we never heard a single bark when we were in our room. I found much of the town to also be pet friendly.
The owners of the suite had decorated it in a very cute lighthouse theme. Even the comforters and curtains had lighthouses on them. The beds were very comfortable and and had nice foam mattress toppers on them. The kitchen was stocked full of cooking implements, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, dishes etc. The owners put a lot of personal touches in this room and it showed. They had put out a basket of books out to read and there was even a cute little journal for the guests to write notes to the owners in.
The view from the 3rd floor was amazing and was great for watching the storms. We could sit and watch the waves crashing on the beach right from our room. The walk to the beach was very short about 800 -900 feet. Many of the other hotels are not this close.
We were able to call the hotels restaurant from the room and order off of the menu. They called us when it was ready and we went down to pick it up. The restaraunt staff were very nice and the food was good. We ate our food in the room while looking out on the beach and just as the sun began to set we walked out to the beach. This time of year there were very few people. It was very romatic.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2009

While the front desk lady was very friendly and helpful, my wife and I had the worst night's sleep we've ever had in a hotel. The bed was dreadfully uncomfortable, and the children next door were running around at 5:30am and we couldn't get back to sleep. I've never heard such thin walls! We were also informed that we would get a discount that we never got. It was only $10 off, but still, poor form. All in all, I'd stay anywhere else but here next time!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

If you look at Chautauqua Lodge website they do not show a picture of the hotel, just the rooms, swimming pool, and view. There is a good reason for this. This hotel has not been maintained in years. The outside is not kept up and neither is the inside. The rooms themselves are old, the mattresses on the bed haven't been changed in years. They are extremely hard and the bed spread is from the 70's ,old and washed out. The gas fireplace doesn't work. The screen on the fireplace was old and broken. Even the knob to turn it on was installed by some alien. The restaurant opened at 7:30 am. A bit late I'd say.The boards on the balcony needs to be replaced. The hottub was not hot. The people upstairs (3rd floor) did not settle down til 4:00 in the morning. They were running back and forth turning on the shower. The floor creeked and sounded like they were going to fall thru to our floor. I'm not kidding!! We didn't get much sleep and was totally disappointed we paid the going rate for this hotel/resort. And you call this a resort? The only good part is the location. Great place to walk to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I have a large family and am forced to rent 2 suites in any other hotel I stay in on the coast. I obviously must save a considerable amount of money in order to take my family on a trip. Now, keep in mind I have stayed in Hotels all along the entire pacific coast and when my wife and I found Chautaqua we were sceptical. Our first stay was in the Summer of 08 and we were thrilled. The price along with the fact that they give an excellent military discount was well within my budget. This allowed my family and I to enjoy more of long beach and stay longer on both our trips. Quite by chance I received the exact same room on my second stay and it was obvious that they are continually improving the rooms. The cookware was new and the room treatments had been updated. If you have a bad attitude you will receive negative results. they have a positive attitude and are very clear on their lobby times and capabilities when you check in.

I reserved the room a month in advance and they called us one week out to inform us that the pool would be closed. Upon check out they gave me an additional 10% discount above my military rate!! I have never in 41 years been able to get 2 discounts on one bill anywhere and they gave it to me without asking! THAT IS UNRIVALED SERVICE, I DON"T CARE WHO YOU ARE.

The restaraunt and bar are clean good food and friendly atmosphere.

I intend to distribute their flyers to the ITT travel office on Ft. Lewis and tell all the soldiers that I know that if they want a good room with a great view and excellent service at a soldiers budget then Chautauqua is THE JOINT!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I called to make reservations and the gentleman who answered the phone was very nice and helpful. He made sure the the room I was getting would have a fireplace.
When we arrived the woman behind the desk looked up the reservation and asked for $33 more than quoted. When I showed her the quote and conformation number she just shrugged and said "sorry, I can't help you" Maybe it's just me, but for $33 I would want to know that people would want to return and tell friends about the great service.
The rooms were average for the price, the outside of the hotel was in need of attention, and the view was good.
The wireless internet service was down and could only be accessed in the lobby or meeting room.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Adrift Hotel and Spa
Adrift Hotel and Spa
#2 of 8 in Long Beach
Best Western Long Beach Inn

Been to Chautauqua Lodge? Share your experiences!