“Hotel Unit was a huge disappointment compared to the condos”

and 1 more site!
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
vancouver, wa
“Hotel Unit was a huge disappointment compared to the condos”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Admittedly we arrived without reservations, but there were plenty of units available.We stayed in a condo unit years ago and loved it. Assumed the hotel units would be of same caliber. I don't mind dated, I mind grime.

CONS :
Had a VERY compact hotel room with a "view " with the basics, ( not ocean, but lawn and the grasses which cover the area to the beach, which is quite a hike),
a bathroom so compact I felt like I was on a train,
pillows were pretty poor, brought my own
the carpet was so dirty and stained, left actual grime on my socks. I was appalled. We should have just walked down to the office and said not staying when we saw the carpet. I don't care if it is the beach, renting with several stains , each a good two feet across (which I am sure could be shampooed out), is not acceptable at $145. ( Or any price.)
The "art" on the walls was too sad. 2 tiny pictures , not framed but matted and taped to the wall, a clock that did not work, and some sort of shell mobile hanging in the entry.
Another unit could be rented with an adjoining door, the gap under the door was so wide made a good night lite. I finally put a towel across the door base.

There are no elevators, ( and was not mentioned at check in) since I have a broken arm, my spouse schleped up and down three flights with our luggage. If we return we will certainly ask to see the unit first, and also only stay in a condo.

Pluses :
Bed was fine
The grounds are great,
lots of room for kids,
outdoor fire in a covered area,
pet friendly,
didn't see the pool etc.
right at the start of Discovery Trail.
the covered deck was large enough for the two plastic chairs and table.
plenty of parking
wifi was fine

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank scooter44_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect spot for families, nice play area, decent pool. Our condo was updated, did a very nice job #420 d- building. some idiot started a sea grass fire, ! Weather was very nice. Not to far from town. 20 minutes up to oysterville for the freshest shellfish.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathy H
Lacey, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel last minute for a fishing trip. Walking into the room, I felt like I was transported to Roseanne's house, but not cozy. I was afraid to take my shoes off, and the bed did not seem clean. All the fixtures were old, including the wood paneled mini fridge. The pictures on their website and TripAdvisor are very deceiving. All the rooms are the same rate, but none are the same. The blanket on the bed was so scratchy and dry. The deadbolt on the balcony door was the only thing keeping it closed. If c we didn't need this room for a family trip, there is no way I would stay here. It is terrible.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ania_joy
Stanwood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed in the condo suite #136 which we would highly recommend; especially if you plan on spending more than a few days. What an awesome room: comfortable living room, huge kitchen, fabulous view with private deck. We were in heaven and our dogs were lovin', too. It's also located north of town so that you don't get the craziness of the downtown tourist trap. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: I'd go for a corner suite like we did: #136.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heidiho62
Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The "Condo Suites" in the name is really the deal. The accommodations are actually one bedroom condos including a fully equipped kitchen: refer, microwave, stove, coffee maker, dishes, pans and silverware. Our unit, and I think all of them, had a private balcony overlooking the grounds. And what grounds! A lawn big enough to play soccer, a full sized sand volley ball court, a huge play structure area and a covered BBQ area with seating and multiple grills. Going out the back is a trail maybe a quarter mile to a huge empty beach. Can hear the surf at night. This is definitely a great place for families or a group.

Room Tip: They all appeared to be about the same in most respects. No restaurant but many a short distance aw...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jmwooley
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went to this hotel with my two kids (9 and 5). They really enjoyed it. Most of the patrons were older or families with children. Lots of people walking dogs. We were in building A, which is right by the paved path/ Discovery Trail to the beach. The beach is a bit of a walk, but the beach is nice and quiet. It is a great place for hiking. The hotel property has a nice indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub. We enjoyed both several times. The hotel is away from the strip, but just down the street. We were happy to spend the day walking the town, then go back to our quiet place to sleep. Noise wasn't too bad in the room. We were on the bottom floor. Our room had one queen and a separate room with a twin bed. My kids hogged the queen bed. I found the twin to be quite comfortable. We had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot in the room. The TV had a DVD player. There was a shower, but no tub. The water pressure was great in the shower. Nice and hot without much wait to warm up. We had a nice patio to sit on with two chairs and a small table, We couldn't see the ocean, just the grass. But the view was nice. We could hear the waves, though when we sat outside. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevators to upper floors, so keep that in mind if there are mobility issues.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KarenWA74
Seaside, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The title says it all... disappointed. I only had 2 days off so we could not go too far from home, so we called the Breakers, asked for a room with a view and were told the room had a view, so I booked the room and off we went. Looking forward to a couple of days to do nothing, we hurried up the coast line to Long Beach to check in and let the relaxing commence.
To our surprise there was no view of the water, but a great view of the sprawling dunes.... We decided to make the best of it and just keep the room vs. finding something else and still paying for the room we had booked and another room. Our room was small, out the window we could see the gazebo and the other buildings that are on the property (not exactly what I was hoping for).There was soap residue still on the sink in the bathroom which i can definitely overlook as it is just soap and a very "old" kind of smell,( we fixed that with a candle from sids). For me it was just disappointing to spend two hundred and sixty dollars for 2 nights to stare out the window at other buildings. There is suppose be a nine thirty curfew for children in the pool and spa area, that is not the case. We were not able to enjoy those facilities at all since there were screaming children in the pool both nights at well after 10. I know I will not be returning and will definitely let folks know this is not an ocean view place or a place that I will be spending my hard earned dollars at:(.

Room Tip: Other than the politeness of the staff I really can't say anything too great about this hotel, s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple