Admittedly we arrived without reservations, but there were plenty of units available.We stayed in a condo unit years ago and loved it. Assumed the hotel units would be of same caliber. I don't mind dated, I mind grime.
Had a VERY compact hotel room with a "view " with the basics, ( not ocean, but lawn and the grasses which cover the area to the beach, which is quite a hike),
a bathroom so compact I felt like I was on a train,
pillows were pretty poor, brought my own
the carpet was so dirty and stained, left actual grime on my socks. I was appalled. We should have just walked down to the office and said not staying when we saw the carpet. I don't care if it is the beach, renting with several stains , each a good two feet across (which I am sure could be shampooed out), is not acceptable at $145. ( Or any price.)
The "art" on the walls was too sad. 2 tiny pictures , not framed but matted and taped to the wall, a clock that did not work, and some sort of shell mobile hanging in the entry.
Another unit could be rented with an adjoining door, the gap under the door was so wide made a good night lite. I finally put a towel across the door base.
There are no elevators, ( and was not mentioned at check in) since I have a broken arm, my spouse schleped up and down three flights with our luggage. If we return we will certainly ask to see the unit first, and also only stay in a condo.
Bed was fine
The grounds are great,
lots of room for kids,
outdoor fire in a covered area,
didn't see the pool etc.
right at the start of Discovery Trail.
the covered deck was large enough for the two plastic chairs and table.
plenty of parking
wifi was fine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1900, this small stretch of beach (a mile north of downtown Long Beach) has created a vacation memory for over one million people. The current resort pictured below (the 4th resort on this location) was designed with families in mind. The 24 acres of beachfront parkland create a feeling unique to the Pacific Northwest. Come walk the beach in the footsteps of thousands before you to experience the therapy only the beach can provide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakers Motel And Condominiums Hotel Long Beach
- Breakers Hotel Long Beach
- Breakers Motel Long Beach