“Worth way more than I paid!”

Adrift Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My boyfriend and I go to Long Beach every year for our anniversary. We were very pleasantly surprised by the Adrift Hotel after a not-so-fabulous trip last year staying at another local hotel. We stayed in a standard double queen room. Even though we were not in an ocean front room, we could see the water and beach from the bed of the second floor room! It was awesome! The employees that we encountered were very accommodating, kind and helpful. I loved the free use of the beach bikes and DVDs. We really enjoyed the coffee, tea, and water in the lobby. The atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly.

I agree that the floors did not do much to muffle sounds from other rooms, but maybe we just got lucky and had a quiet bunch around us, because I was not bothered at all after falling asleep. The breakfast basket was very cute and it was good, but I would not have been happy had I paid full price for it.

I really liked the decor in the rooms. No matter what the design, there will always be people who don't like it. Seeing how many pictures the Adrift website has, nobody should be surprised when they arrive. It looks just like the pictures.

We would gladly stay here again. The beds were amazing, the people were friendly, and we couldn't really ask for more!

Room Tip: I would try to get the 3rd floor next time, no loud walkers above in the East building.
There are newer reviews for Adrift Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

I read reviews of this hotel before I booked our reservation (using a deal through Living Social) so I was expecting the earth friendly, industrial decor and feel. I was also expecting some noise. When I booked our room I was deciding between an upgrade to a ocean "view" room or an ocean "front" room - there was a $10 difference between the two. I asked the desk clerk (or whoever was taking my reservation) which room was in a better location and she suggested the ocean front (and more expensive) room. What she neglected to tell me, but what we found out our first night while trying to get our 2 year old to sleep, is that the "better" room was directly below the restaurant/bar. In most hotels this would not be a problem. But this hotel lacks any kind of soundproofing. All night (until they closed at 11pm) we heard the scrapping sound of moving chairs across the floor and people walking. We also heard two dogs barking both nights. I'm guessing they were left alone in the room although the pet policy clearly states that you are not to do that. I was awoken at 2am by the neighbor's baby crying. And then again when somebody (not in my room) started sneezing. Needless to say, it was a restless couple of nights. The hotel does provide earplugs, which is appreciated since that's all they can really do to help with the noise issue, BUT putting earplugs into my 2 year olds ears was not an option. Other than the noise, the hotel was as expected. Very minimalistic in the design approach. They do offer complimentary bikes, DVDs, and games which was appreciated. And the location cannot be beat! A very short walk to the beach and the boardwalk. The perfect location made up for the sleepless nights but I can't say I'd choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I bought the LivingSocial special online. I've lived in Wa for 20 years and never went to LongBeach, so this was a nice deal. My husband and I went for our anniversary getaway! :) We've been married 5 years and this would be the first getaway! I did read reviews and look at pictures before arriving so I knew what to expect. But upon arriving it was a little more than expected! :) The room was very nice, we had a queen. I loved the eco-friendly furniture! We stayed two nights, but the room really wasn't important to us....we were rarely in there. We were enjoying the beach and spending time with each other....which was the most important to us! :) It's a very nice hotel....the "bad" reviews I read before going, alot of people complained of noise and the furniture and this and that. I'm sorry but if you're going to stay in a room the whole time your on "vacation".....stay home!!!! We did have to deal with some noise from up above...being on the bottom floor....but it didn't bother us....we just turned up the tv a little....no biggy!!!! We loved it all together. The dinner at the depot was pretty good! All the staff at the hotel and The Depot were very friendly. We will be going back next summer...this time we're going to make it a family affair with the kids! :) Only one suggestion: if you plan to visit the beach alot, like we did...take off you shoes before you step inside or just as you step in the door....we got alot of sand on the floor...or bring slippers to walk around the room in. :) I'm one that doesn't like getting sand in the bed!

Room Tip: If you don't want to deal with noise from people above(which wasn't too terrible), I would p...
2  Thank Rachael O
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We arrived there on Thursday from Seattle. Had first to sign a A4 paper with what we should not do!!! I would have prefered if they told me without asking were the elevator is....
As i opened the room door i was not sure if the room is finished when looking to the floor... but I guess it has to be like this... special but ok as i do not like rooms with carpets. Also the remaining furniture of the Hotel is special. Coffee and Water in the lobby is complementary. We had dinner in the restaurant, was ok but not outstanding.

Room Tip: do not spend the 5$ for the Ocentview rooms is not worth the money, at least not if rainy weather
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucas D
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Went there on a LivingSocial deal. Basically two nights for one. Upon check-in my first impression was a cool, nice sized, hip beach place. Very functional furnishings. Very appealing to the eyes. The desk people were very friendly, very helpful, and very courteous. The lobby area contains the reception area, a nice little snack/necessary items area, coffee, tea, and water. Also is some seating and the bikes which are available for check-out. FREE!! First come first served, two hour
time period.
The room was very cozy. Minimalist. Comfy bed. Clean, crisp linens. Flat screen TV with DVD player. Oh yes, DVD borrowing is also near the reception area, FREE while you stay.
This location is right near the beach access. Very convenient.
Pay this property a visit!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Flxible
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We had a groupon, so this is why we came to explore the WA Coast. FANTASTIC, and not nearly as busy as the Oregon Coast.
The Adrift Hotel was a perfect fit for us: friendly staff, eco-conscious, pet friendly, free bikes to borrow, delicious coffee in the lobby. Sure, the decor is minimalist. I thought it was a bit weird, but my bf thought it was incredible and wants to decorate our house this way. I appreciated that the shower gel, shampoo, etc was in a bulk container, so as to cut down on waste. I was happy to ask for an iron and a hair dryer at the front desk. nbd, right? Why use those things when on the beach? But when we went out for his birthday dinner, we dolled it up a bit.
The art on the wall was obviously local, and terrific.
We thought the bed was fantastic. Again, it is slightly weird - memory foam + futon? But we were in agreement that it was super comfortable, and we're shopping at IKEA to have the same bed at our house.
Overall, it had a boutique hotel feel, and you'd never confuse it wtih a Super8 :)
Only downside: The drinks at the bar were good, but VERY expensive. And the staff there refused to serve one couple, as they said it was past closing time. But the posted closing hours said they'd not close for another hour? Hmmm, that wasn't impressive.

As for Long Beach - again, a perfect fit for us! Friendly, relaxed, fun. We met great locals, had a fantastic breakfast at the Shelburne Inn, and checked out the art gallery across the road. We ran on the beach at Cape Disappointment Park (not disappointing at all!) and went for a swim. We drove up the peninsula, and ate a massive feast of raw oysters that we shucked ourselves. all in all, a fabulous destination, and we'd come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellinTara
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Adrift Hotel and Spa is definitely different from your typical chain hotel. The atmosphere was nice and simple. To preface, my boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel based off a LivingSocial deal and we primarily used the hotel as a place to rest as we explored Seattle and Portland. We were only there for two nights before we had to go to Sasquatch music festival. This is what we encountered.

To start, it was very rainy and cold out and our drive from the Seattle to Long Beach was very lengthy but luckily we made it in time to check in our room right before the lobby hours ended. We called before to let them know that we were running late, the staff was very understanding and nice and told us that they would leave the keys in the room for us if we came in too late.The room that we stayed in was very simple as far as decor goes, it had a lot of extra space, it looked like it was possibly made for two beds instead of one. The room consisted of a (comfy) bed, a table with two chairs, a tv, a dvd player, and a shower/toilet/sink combo (to my understanding there are some rooms without a shower or toilet?) The room we had also had a great view of the beach, which we didn't discover until the last day, since naturally that's when the weather started to clear up.

The theme of the hotel was that it was ecofriendly and these efforts could be seen through from the recycling in the lobby to the plant based plastics they used for their cups. All the complimentary items like the shampoo, conditioners and soaps were marketed as ecofriendly as well and were available for sale if you wanted to take some home with you.

The lobby area was pretty cool too. There were games and dvds available for free based on the honor system, so no x amount of money down for using any of it. Awesome. There were also bikes available on a first come first serve basis to explore the city and ride along the beach... We unfortunately were unable to use them because of the crappy weather, but it was awesome that it was available. There were also complimentary fruit flavored water (flavored by real fruit cut up in it) and tea available, the water was really good btw, strawberry water ftw!

For the reasons we used the room, to have a place to store our stuff and come back to to sleep this hotel delivered. I didn't use the spa or really have time to explore the hotel but what I did get I liked. I know a few people complained about being able to hear everything but I had no problem with that, I only really heard anything when I was close to the door, but then again, I'm not a light sleeper. If you do end up going take advantage of the bike rides on the beach, if the weather permits!

2  Thank Natasha D
Danielle W, Manager at Adrift Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you come stay with us again!

I would like to clarify that all of our rooms have full bathrooms. Our ocean view deluxe king rooms have custom walk in showers and do not have bathtubs, but every room has its own toilet, sink, and shower.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach
Cannery Pier Hotel
#1 of 14 in Astoria
Best Western Long Beach Inn
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites

Been to Adrift Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!