“Just what we needed, again!!”

Adrift Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Ocean Shores, Washington
“Just what we needed, again!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

So to be honest I wasnt sure what to expect after reading other reviews on the Adrift. We got to Long Beach early because we planned on riding bikes all day on the Discovery Trail. Upon our arrival we decided to ask if it would be ok to park in their lot and unload bikes to ride. The front desk clerk met us with a smile and said "Of course, in fact let me see if your room is available and you can go ahead and check in"..This was awesome since we still needed to change into our riding gear. We proceeded to unload and noticed they had a Spa..my husband suggested I schedule a massage for later. I called and she had a pretty busy schedule, but said she would text me when she got back in town. We thought we would try out the Pickled Fish as we had a "Free" Pizza voucher. We had appetizers and cocktails since it was happy hour and everything was amazing. Charlotte did text me at 6:30 pm and agreed to come back and I got the best massage ever after riding 25 miles that day. They even let us store our bikes inside in a storage area.. What customer service!! Is it different? Yes, Unique? Yes! and they are doing their part to save the planet, for us this was perfect and we will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We were in the East complex and room was very comfortable with a beautiful view of the ocean. Disco...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marilee W
Mollie C, Guest Relations Manager at Adrift Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 January 2014

When booking online, I had to call to see about getting the 20% winter discount they offered in their specials, they were friendly, and told us to just request it in the comments section when we book. So we did. Not 100% intuitive, and it should be a web accessible option or in the pricing automatically, but it wasn't hard to suss out, and the discount was offered, so yay.

Knowing it'd be a slow weekend for them, we asked for an upgrade to a suite. They were more than happy to help, cut us a fantastic deal, and yes, the room was below the restaurant/bar but they gave us fair warning about the potential for noise before we sealed the deal.

Overall the place has a vibe somewhere between modern Scandinavian design and rustic beach front. Modern metal art in the halls, pale grey paint (and wood floors, which I'll get to later), beautiful photography in the rooms, and simple but comfortable furniture, sit along side raw wood (mostly local cranberry crates) and iron pipe elements for shelves and bars. The wood floors were a first for me in a hotel room, but other than the expected musician noise above us, the only noise they proffered was what we were making ourselves.

Had the bar noise not been explained beforehand it might have been a complaint, but knowing what we were getting into it, it wasn't a surprise, and ultimately, the folksy acts they had weren't really an issue, even literally right below the stage. It was a background thrum while we watched an episode of Twin Peaks. No big deal.

Around the rest of the hotel were cozy nooks, books of all sorts, and their lobby's little shop, loaner bikes, and actually decent DVD loaner library.

We also ate at the in-house restaurant Pickled Fish, where we had friendly service, good food and great cocktails.

And to top it off, pretty much a perfect location. Right on the South end of the 'boardwalk', at a beach entrance, and walking distance to Marsh's Free Museum and the rest of the main drag.

I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue, ask about your rooms proximity to the bar.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you visit us again! Cheers!
Edmonds, WA
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great location, dog friendly hotel but not quiet up to par. The rooms are decorated in minimalist style - bed was comfy but there was NO other furniture in the room I stayed in. I booked a partial ocean view room - if I craned my head out the window I could have seen the beach but for the most part I was overlooking the parking lot. There was also a very bright exterior light right outside my window which kept the room bright even with the drapes closed. The hotel is worn and dated - floors are worn and scuffed. My room could have been cleaner. There is virtually no sound proofing so you can hear everything above, below and on either side of your room - they do provide you with earplugs in the room!!! Not sure I would come back unless there was a room discount. This place is pretty bare minimum. They do have great restaurant upstairs - Pickĺed Fish.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry the room you stayed in was not to your liking. Depending on how full the hotel is we are always happy to upgrade or move our guests if their room is not what they expected! If guests call us about a room problem, our capable staff is always quick to offer a solution to make them happier. So glad you enjoyed dining at Pickled Fish!
Raymond, Washington
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My wife, daughter and myself booked one night in the Adrift Hotel as we were in the Long Beach area to visit our parents. We checked in earlier in the evening then had the family visit. After arriving back after midnight we pulled back the sheets to rest. My wife noticed a small spot on the sheet which appeared to be blood. Later we noticed another spot along with hair. My daughter's bed sheet had a yellow stain as well. We called the front desk without any answer. Being so tired, we went to sleep anyway. I am not saying this is typical of the Adrift Hotel. It just made for a miserable night's rest.

Room Tip: Please check the sheets carefully before committing to the room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David P
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so sorry you didn’t have a restful night sleep while staying with us. We double check our sheets with each room clean and typically do not have complaints about cleanliness. I again apologize that during your stay you had a less than perfect housekeeping experience. I did email the address we had on file to offer you a free return stay on us, feel free to email me at mollie@adrifthotel.com if you wish to take advantage of this! Thanks again for your helpful feedback.
Astoria, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A nice view from our room we could not see the ocean due to the rain, but we could hear the roar of the waves. (We stayed in December) In room fridge, no hair dryer, GREAT beds! My wife and I really slept great on the mattress. No carpets due to sandy beach, makes sense... coffee in the lobby is good but in the room is better first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor (3rd) to get the best view and no one walking on floor above you making noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so sorry you didn't have your coffee maker and hair dryer during your stay. We offer all those amenities upon request, we would have been happy to run them up to you if needed! I do apologize you weren't aware of this. We hope to see you back again!
Tacoma
Reviewed 26 November 2013

First, we loved the location- right next to the beach entrance. Close enough for two old women with bad knees can even walk to the sand! We stayed in the west building, 2 floors down from Pickled Fish restaurant.

The recycled/reuse/repurpose decor was fine. We try to live in harmony with our environment and appreciate tasteful attempts at repurposing and such.

Problem is, another set of wooden crates on the other side of the bed (for a 2nd nightstand) would have made a lot of sense. Strike 1.

Harsh lighting. Lack of direct lighting on that same nightstand-less side of the bed. Strike 2.

Lack of dresser space for clothing. I thought about stealing a wooden crate from the common area on our floor. Strike 3.

Cool games in the common area- table top shuffleboard and foosball. Minus one strike.

No microwave or coffee maker in the room. Microwave in the common area for floor. Partial credit here.

We paid a premium for the ADA/handicap accessible room. Except that the old fashioned, not-so-low-flow toilet with the lower than ADA seat heighth would not qualify by federal standards. Strike 4.

Oh and the alternating scalding/freezing water in the barely-flowing shower head? Yikes. Strike 5. (I complained about this to the front desk at check out- we made do during our stay but the plumbing needs to be fixed).

We wondered what the ear plugs on the nightstands were for- then realized why as loud restaurant-goers made their way down the stairwell right next to our room. Lack of insulation=Strike 6.

PF Burgers rocked. Minus one strike.

Total- still too many strikes. We will return to Long Beach in the future but not so sure we'll stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauri M
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always count on guest feedback to make improvements. Glad you enjoyed our proximity to the ocean and our fabulous restaurant Pickled Fish! We do have amenities at the front desk that would have improved your stay with us. We have individual reading lights upon request that can improve the bright lighting in the room; we also have coffee makers available upon request that can be immediately delivered to your room. I do apologize for the toilet seat height and the water temperature problems. As we are located in an older hotel there are quirks to our building that give it the character it does! We always try our hardest to accommodate any and all guest needs when they are brought to our attention during their stay.
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel was very clean, bright and comfortable. As many others have noted, the furniture was unusual, with kind of a modern décor. We have a family of 5, so it was nice that our room had a separate bedroom for the kids. One drawback was that there was no elevator, so I had to haul a bunch of luggage up three flights of stairs. They had bikes available for use, but we didn't have time to use them. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thanks so much for your review! Glad you enjoyed your time here with us! We do have an elevator in our west building, but the views in our east building are phenomenal on the third floor ( you do have the stair climb though)! We look forward to having you back with us for another stay where you can use the bikes!