“Horrible experience with this hotel!”

Adrift Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I am so angry with this place and their so called customer service. I bought a deal on Living Social that said I could get a two night stay and it expired on May 23rd. So here it is April 10th and I call to make a reservation and the rep tells me that in order to use the voucher I had to make the reservation by February 10th, so I can no longer use the voucher. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! It doesn't expire until May 23rd so why in the hell did I have to make the reservation by February 10th? So now that's over $100 down the drain. I will never again do business with this place again. They don't care about their customers and I got royally screwed over. I guess it was my bad for not reading the fine print. I should have known it was too good to be true.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saura m

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Location was perfect! All of the little extras like the free bikes to ride on the beach, free movies and books to borrow, cool decore, and pet and family friendly vibe with a hip, relaxing gig made it a wonderful vacation for my kiddo and our dog! LOVED IT!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Bloody Mary's Sunday morning, not to be missed. Lovely laid back staff take care of you with ease. Cute rooms, blissful weekend get away. Great last minute deal, shuffleboard. Good food, what else can I say. Easily my favorite place to stay in Long Beach or Astoria.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We loved our stay at Adrift. The location could not be better, right on the beach walk at Long Beach. The stripped down nature of the decor worked well for us, especially with Beagle Boo Boo in tow. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Having travelled over 3,500 miles in the USA on a road trip and stayed in lots of hotels this hotel really stands out! Fantastic location overlooking the ocean. Groovy rooms with lots of space local pub nearby for the best breakfasts in the world at the Shelburne Inn - the owner was a star. Free bikes to explore the peninsula well worth going along for a ride This is hotel that has character - with nice friendly staff.. Even the concrete walls, orange boxes and industrial fittings worked well. A year on and I still feel this hotel is a must stay experience. If your in the area book a sea view room. Only negative was the bar which was a bit dark but the live band was very good. Great nights sleep - the bed was huge and very comfortable and the organic bath stuff was really good much better than the regular hotel product. Really good didn't try the beach barbie pack but you can't do everything - next time!

Room Tip: sea view double -
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This place is great! Very friendly staff, GREAT beds (so comfy!), the free bike service and fruit/coffee/tea was amazing. The Pickled Fish really is fantastic, and the live music was great! I would recommend this place to anyone with a bit of extra cash and some time to relax!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

While we overheard a few complaints regarding hotel stay add-ons, our experience was excellent, and we had no problems. The room was large, airy, and bright. We didn't bring a pet, but the hotel is dog friendly, and between that, the free rental bikes, the funky, recycled/repurposed decor and the casual atmosphere, the overall experience was very Northwest-- it might not be to everyone's tastes, but we enjoyed it very much. We wound up eating at the restaurant both nights, and found the food good, the service friendly, and the scene the most lively in town. Our only complaint might be the noise insulation; we could hear a fair amount of foot traffic from the room overhead.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple