Check in went smoothly with all smiles. The room had a great view, with a nice day bed that my child actually claimed immediately when walking through the door for herself to sleep on. I loved how close it was to the beach for picnics, and how it was within walking distance to downtown which the family hit up while it was raining out. We hit up the fun center to play air hockey and ski ball, we also went to the movie theater (cash only be warned) to wait out the rain. Once the rain stopped, we grabbed a few complimentary bikes from the hotel (they have a few helmets and one fit our seven year old) and went down the paved path. My child enjoyed learning to ride a bike so much that she requested we do it again in the morning, which we did. She finally learned how to ride without training wheels on this adventure! We saw some amazing sunsets on the beach, and had some down time by watching a movie in our room that we picked out from the lobby to help us unwind to fall asleep. We had water bottles to fill up from the lobby's water choices (the hotel has two containers to fill from, one with oranges the other with lemons), and also got to enjoy hot cocoa at night along with the coffee in the morning. We ate at the Pickled Fish which was tasty and surprisingly filling (crab with a salad, wood fire pizza, fish and chips). Overall the amenities are nice, the people are friendly, and a great place to stay for a beach getaway whether rain or shine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience...Some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and FREE daily live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians, starting at 8pm - Close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach