I tried real hard to come up with something that was above average about the Adrift Hotel and I couldn't do it. It's #1 value is proximity to the ocean beach (about 100 yards).
The front desk staff was competent and did what they're supposed to do.
The cleaning staff left something to be desired. They replaced towels, but didn't make the bed or otherwise tidy up the room (it wasn't very unkempt to begin with).
The door to the unit we stayed in was barely functioning. The doorknob/key was quite old and difficult to open. You had to wiggle the key and jostle the lock for a bit before it slipped open,
There is no temperature control in the room for cooler air - just electric baseboard for heat.
The beds are especially hard. I know this is a subjective thing. I actually like a hard bed, but most folks would be displeased with it.
Noise level.....if you're a light sleeper you may have a problem. I am not and was fine, but my other half was up most of the night due to noise.
They have bicycles you can borrow to ride on the beach, which was very fun.
Okay, so bottom line.....if you're looking for a place right on the water, then this will do just fine as long as you don't need a lot of frills and don't spend much time in your room (other than to sleep). If you need a soft bed and a quiet room.....well, maybe not so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our modern, ocean front hotel in the heart of the peninsula. We offer a variety of guest rooms, from no-frills studios to ocean front suites; all with updated amenities, a unique style and a focus on sustainability. Adrift is a beachfront experience...Some of our many on-site amenities include a small urban spa, complimentary bikes, game tables, and ocean view dining at [Pickled Fish] restaurant, and FREE daily live music from some of the northwest's most notable musicians, starting at 8pm - Close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Adrift Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Hotel Long Beach
- Edgewater Motel Long Beach