“Excellent pizza and excellent service. Best pizza in the northwest.”
Review of Serious Pizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Serious Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Mobile trailer with wood burning oven - pizza is the best! Thin crust, fresh natural ingredients, incredible!
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent pizza and excellent service. Best pizza in the northwest.”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I am a pizza snob. I used to drive 3 hours to Chicago just to get pizza and I have flow to Chicago just to eat pizza.

I found Serious Pizza by accident a few years ago and I was blown away.

Talk to the owner, Jim, for 5 minutes and you will realize that her really, really knows pizza.

This is the best pizza I have had outside of Chicago.

My only complaint is that I can only get their pizza in the summer. If they were in Portland, I would eat their pizza year round.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank shakenbaked

Ocean Park, Washington
“Shrimp melts are incredible!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place is wonderful! Everyone I take here just loves it! The sandwiches have large chunks of shrimp. You actually know that you are having a shrimp sandwich. My nephews had to go back twice in one week for more, before they left to go home! That's all they talk about now!
I have had the pizza, which is heavenly as well. Please do yourself a favor, and try it out!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank nancybees
Portland, Oregon
“Meh Pizza”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Based on reviews of others, I loaded the family and made the 10-15 minutes trip from Long Beach down to Desperation park - and Serious Pizza. The pizza was good, not great, but also seriously expensive. I'm fine with paying $25.00 for a good pizza, but this left my whole family thinking "meh", should have found some fish tacos in town.

• Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“worth the trek”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Staying in Long Beach the first night and I need PIZZA! Having been a pizza connoisseur for years, I don't take this job lightly. Reviews online showed the Long Beach pizza places were so, so, but this one is nearby Ilwaco got great reviews. I literally drove 25 minutes to the cape disappointment state park to find this restaurant/convenience store/camp supply building all by itself. I walk in and am immediately warmed by the state of the art wood fired pizza ovens. BLISS!! Excellent pizza menu with other great fare (Grilled Oysters, Roasted Butternut Squash). The owner was friendly, ingredients very fresh and well worth the trek!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TheToaster
Carrollton, tx
“Seriously delicious!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This is the best genuine wood fired pizza I've ever had! We had a large. Half of it was "earth pizza" and the other half was the "boreas". They were both fabulous. Do yourself a favor and let him serve it with the salt if you get one with the tomatoes....heavenly. It's not cheap (nothing in the area is, really) but it is completely worth it!
Here's a hint...put an order in an hour or so before you need it, go enjoy the beach, then come back for it. If it gets busy you will want to be in the queue...it's that good.

• Visited August 2012