“My wife and I enjoyed our visit”

Captain Bob's Chowder
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout
Description: We have moved to new location. 2 Blocks North, right next to Marsh's Museum
Kirkland, Washington
“My wife and I enjoyed our visit”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We ordered the Crab Roll and bowl of chowder. This is one of the few places in Long Beach that serves Coke (thank you, I hate Pepsi). A side of fries was not on the menu, but my wife asked and they gladly provided an order ($3.23 and a big serving) that were made fresh and hot. There was a lot of crab in the roll, and it was very tasty. The chowder was OK, but served only luke warm. We definitely will come again next time we are in Long Beach.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank USAPappa
coopercathy, Owner at Captain Bob's Chowder, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
It makes us very happy you enjoyed your visit to our chowder house. We work hard to make everyone feel welcome and enjoy their meal..

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. See you next time you are in town.

Capt. Bob

Albuquerque, NM
“Good Chowder”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ordered a regular bowl of chowder, it was fresh, creamy, great clammy flavor, perfectly heated - perfect snack during a long tread down the main drag

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Victorianna_P
Cathy T, Owner at Captain Bob's Chowder, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. We had a customer name that cruising chowder. Hope to see you next time your in town. Enjoy your summer.
Columbus, Georgia
“Alright.......... Don't come on Wednesday though”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Pretty great food. Good service. Not open on Wednesday. We were going to come and eat here Wednesday and Thursday. We walk to the restaurant on the first day and guess what! No one there! Everyone was REALLY mad and we had to go to the next restaurant down the block. Came the second day and it was ok.

• Visited July 2014
Cathy T, Owner at Captain Bob's Chowder, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I'm sorry we missed you on Wednesday and upset you. If you have a suggestion on where else I need to post my hours I would apreciate it. I'm new to all the different sites so I may have missed a few. I'm glad you were able to come back on Thursday. I see you posted just alright. I hope you come again and try one of our other chowders, fish & chips, or Crab Rolls. We have lots to choose from. Until next time. Enjoy your summer
Kalama, Washington
“Best chowder I have ever had!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

First, I want to say that "Captain Bob" who owns this business is a wonderful man! I just happened to be standing outside waiting for my brother and his family to finish shopping at Marsh's. I was very tired as I had little sleep the night before. He so graciously opened his door to me and offered me coffee for a quarter! I was shocked that I could still get a cup for a quarter anywhere. Then he invited me and my sister in law in and offered us free samples of his various chowders. We both loved the Smoked Salmon Chowder and later returned to have it for dinner. Also, the owners wife, I believe, took time to talk with my sister in law as a welcomed friend.

These truly are wonderful people running a fantastic business and I will be back for sure!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank dpkirkpatrick
Cathy T, Owner at Captain Bob's Chowder, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. We both just love what we are doing. Can't wait to see you next time you are in town.
Wheatfield, Indiana
“My favorite Resturant in Long Beach, Washington”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When we were at Captain Bob's we enjoyed Clam Chowder, Seafood Chanterelle Mushroom Chowder, Cheeseburger Chowder (my daughters favorite), and of course the Fish and Chips. Everything tasted so amazing and it was all seasoned just right! We all shared our soups so we could taste everything. We also enjoyed Captain Bob's coleslaw - yummo --- it tastes beyond amazing! If you are reading this post - I highly encourage you to check out this restaurant. You will be glad you did! Captain Bob goes above and beyond to put a smile on your face, treats you like family, and serves you with a generous portion of whatever meal you select. Thanks for making our visit to Long Beach very memorable. We'll be back...

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Judyjj146
Cathy T, Owner at Captain Bob's Chowder, responded to this review, 28 February 2015
We are so happy you enjoyed your Fish & Chips . Thank you so much for sending all your friends in also. See you next time.