“Great food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a great Friday night dinner. The prime rib was wonderful, the special seafood fettuccine was delicious. We enjoyed our waitress and will definitely come back.

7  Thank Susan B

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We arrived at 6 last eve thinking we might see if they had decent burgers and fries. When we walked in, we stood in the entry area for approximately 3-4 minutes before even being acknowledged. 1 or 2 tables had guests and at a large table at the rear area was a huge bunch of people. They were celebrating something or other and with all the wine and other drinks, were quite loud. Over the top loud.
Our server, a pleasant woman had on so much sweet perfume that my palate was fouled instantly. The odor lingered everywhere. After a couple of minutes of perusing the menu, we noticed that the burger selection included "Hamburger" with a description that neither sold the burger or gave promise of anything special in that department so I cancelled that thought and went right to the ribs.. after all, it was "rib night" along with prime rib being offered so there were a couple of good choices that seemed like great burger replacements.
After deciding on the ribs, a fellow came to our table and advised that they were out of both the ribs and the prime rib. The drunks were getting louder and for a moment I thought we should maybe go someplace else but we decided on the tri-tip steaks. Our odiferous (but nice) waitress came by for the order and I ordered the fries and chowder, my wife opted for the "loaded baker" for $1.50 more and a salad starter. The chowder is their signature, award winning recipe. Mine was delivered with 1 packet of oyster crackers and as I suspected, it had been heavily thickened up with the old corn starch trick that people seem to love. Chowder so thick you could mortar a church façade with it- given you had the bricks. It had a fair flavor but that thick, gloppy consistency (which no longer surprises me) was a turn off.
After a few minutes, the young lady came back to our table to inform us that they were out of baked potatoes and would she like the mashed option instead? "they're really good garlic ones".
The wafting of her 'fume was by now completely in charge of the room though the noise from the volume-12 hillbilly reunion was a close second. Anymore, we just look at each other and wonder "what's really in those chem-trails because, whatever it is, it's working".
I enjoyed my steak (probably because I rarely get them) and I liked the french fries, even though they came from the freezer. Even the side vegetables were tasty (baby carrots and Broccoli florets with garlic. Now, remember, it's 6 o'clock in the evening and they're out of some major component's so when I noticed that the mashed potatoes were still on the plate at the end of her meal, I asked why? She said "try them" When I put the forkful into my mouth, I instantly understood that this pile of white, perfectly smooth product had come from a box.. created in a factory somewhere in Michigan. By now, there were lots of whys?
I rather enjoyed the food and thought things were nicely seasoned but there were so many negatives that were associated with the visit that I would have a hard time recommending this place even though the location is great. We passed on dessert by the way but only because we wanted to get out of there. I realize you have to cater to the locals (which I assume this group was) but not at the expense of the other guests who aren't in on the corn-cob toss. party. thing.

4  Thank Campbellhouse2014
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Thursday date night. We saw they were offering steak and ribs. We arrived before 6pm and found out that they were out of prime rib, ribs and baked potatoes. Baked Potatoes? Seriously? I substituted the garlic mashed potatoes - and I believe they were out of a box. I will say that the tri tip steak was good.
Rather noisy group, that had moved from the bar, made the meal a bit more unpleasant.

Don't think we will rush back

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I love this place the food is wonderful as always great service and the bar is so worm and cozy stop by you will love it

4  Thank amy s
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The razor clams in pasta perfect and fresh . The chowder though was some of the best I've tasted !!! The waitress (Rhonda) very helpful with our selections. My daughter and I were on a girls getaway and it was a perfect dinner. Thanks

3  Thank Lu Anne F