“Had a great stay at the Coastal Inn”

The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I just stayed at the Coastal Inn in Long Beach a couple weeks ago. The owners are awesome! The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and it's very affordable. Slept great. Would go back in a heartbeat. Long Beach seems to have a lot of events and activities available for those of us wanting to escape to the beach for a few days. We had a blast!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Coastalinn, Owner at The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review! It is always encouraging to hear that our guests enjoy their time here at the Coastal Inn. We were delighted to have you stay with us and will look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Wow did I have a GREAT time at this motel! Josh and Kristin treated my wife and me just like family. The room was great, the waffles were great, the walk on the beach was great, the conversation was great, the surry was great! I'd recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: This young couple loves what they are doing, and it shows when you visit them!

Dear Guest,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the #1 Coastal Inn and Suites. We do our very best to treat everyone as family and make them feel at home. It was a pleasure having you and we hope you will visit again SOON!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We road our motorcyle to L.B., wasn't sure what we would find. we found the Coastal Inn and Suites Great place. Great loaction and the Owner was so nice to offer places to eat .The rooms were clean.We loved the sheets and europen style bedding. We loved that we could park our bike right out side the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah H

Dear Guest,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you and we hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We have stayed three times at the Coastal Inn during the past 11 months and will be staying there again very soon. Josh & Kristin, the new owners, are doing an amazing job renovating what was an old tired property. Each time we have stayed the rooms are immaculate, beds extremely comfortable and the rates are really reasonable. We have stayed during the Rod Run, over the Thanksgiving weekend and in the spring for a get-away, each time we were very pleased with our stay. The location is great and I selfishly hope that it stays a somewhat 'hidden gem' as I would be disappointed if we could not get a room here when we want to dash to the ocean for some R & R!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review! It is always encouraging to hear that our guests enjoy their time here at the Coastal Inn. We are delighted when you stay and always look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Walls are paper thin. You will here every voice through the walls. The manager does not care if you make a complaint. Seriously the worst hotel ever.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We're sorry your stay at the #1 Coastal Inn and Suites was not what you expected. We do our very best to insure all our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable time here with us. We understand that walls between rooms can sometimes share noise as they are right next to each other, which is why we have quiet hours between 10pm and 8am. Guests are usually respectful of observing these quiet hours, and when a situation occurs otherwise, we handle it fairly and professionally. When both rooms complained the next morning about the loud music you were playing and you banging the wall with your hand, we talked with each of you to determine what the problem was and how to resolve it, as we know there are always two sides to the story. We asked that all sides next time come talk to us first before taking matters into their own hands. We are sure we will be able to find a solution, and as it happened, the following night, no other incidents occurred. We value each guest that stays with us, listening to all complaints, and do our best to fairly resolve any issue.
It is our hope you and all other travelers experience a relaxing stay at the #1 Coastal Inn and Suites as we work very hard towards that goal. Hopefully, our desire to be helpful to our guests was demonstrated by providing a place for your husband to fix his truck. Dealing with a vehicle on vacation is never any fun. As a courtesy, no charges will be placed on your bill for the missing hand towels and bath towels.
Thank you again for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can better serve our guests here in Long Beach.

The Innkeepers
#1 Coastal Inn and Suites

Reviewed 17 June 2012

My profession brings me regularly to the Long Beach peninsula – as it has for the last 25 plus years. During that time I’ve stayed in many of the local small motels, some good and some not so good. However, this year my crew and I found a new “home away from home” – the Coastal Inn and Suites. The new owner Josh and his bride Kristin have taken this small motel and have turned it into a very warm, welcoming and relaxing place to stay – my definition of a true “inn”. The larger suites located on the second floor make it easy to spend several days away from home. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed. I fully expect that the pride taken by the “inn keepers” to make your stay comfortable will be is obvious.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DLA_55

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the encouragement. We are glad you enjoy each stay and look forward to having you back!

the Innkeepers
#1 Coastal Inn and Suites

Reviewed 15 June 2012

For the review scanners- This is where I am going to stay from now on when I visit LB -if they have a vacancy.

First off, Josh is totally cool. Spent some time telling us about himself, LB and the places we needed to visit while we were there. The hangman cost me three bucks and LB Roasters is Excellent I have only stayed at this hotel once and will be basing my rating from the one room in which I have stayed.

Normally, I'm VERY picky when I rate- Josh was very personable and his personality is boosting the rating I'm giving his hotel. Seriously- excellent service!

Pros: Good price for the area and, as the rooms have recently been remodeled, most everything is new. Of course, Josh is a pro. Fifty-cent Pepsi machine! Complimentary DVD's and (I believe) player (we arrived late enough that we were interested in sleep- not movies). The bathroom has excellent lighting and the bright-white paint makes everything feel clean and sterile which is good when you're fresh out of the shower (which had good pressure, drainage but typical mediocre milled hotel soap).

Cons: Even with all of the remodeling, some of the details have been overlooked- small things like pencil lines on the wall around the bath surround, nails in the wainscot that haven't been countersunk, caulked and painted, trim butt-spliced rather than overlapping- but nothing that makes this a bad hotel. Bathroom mirror shelf sloping down so things fall off of it, table with one leg that's a little too short. I viewed this hotel as a work in progress and I can totally respect the amount of time and effort they are investing to make this a nice place to stay. There is still some work to be done, but I have no doubt that they will accomplish their goals.

Josh and Wife (never got her name) bought the hotel about a year ago and have been fixing it up. Their sign on the main drag in LB is somewhat hard to spot and the outside of the hotel isn't fancy- neither are the rooms. This is not a high-end hotel. Most aspects of the room have been remodeled using relatively inexpensive materials- even so, I'm sure thousands went into each room for the upgrades and overall, the rooms are nice.

I want to thank Josh for treating us like friends from the moment he answered the phone when I called to see if they had a room available. Again, this one visit has made this hotel "My" hotel in LB.

Room Tip: Ask Josh- he won't steer you wrong!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MustangMan6799

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback here. We take into consideration all comments and appreciate the opportunity to improve our service and better accommodate our guests. We look forward to having you back to the #1 Coastal Inn and Suites!

The Innkeepers