“Fun Place”

Hungry Harbor Grille
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It's been a year and a half since we did a review for the Hungry Harbor. Located right in downtown Long Beach, this is a fun place for ice cream and burgers. They have quite a menu to select from - not just burgers. It is patterned like the old diners or drive-in restaurant with lots of seating. We had lunch there on Tuesday May 7, 2014. I had a hot dog and a cup of clam chowder. Let me say this was no small hot dog, but one of the old fashioned kind - absolutely great. Clam chowder was very good also. My wife actually had a kid's meal - corn dog, fries and a little treat. She said it was just right. We usually stop by later in the day for ice cream cones. This family style restaurant would be a good place to take kids.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Tasty burgers and fries. Reasonably quick service and a fun atmosphere. Indoor and outdoor seating!
They have shakes too but we were too full to try them. The ones coming out of the kitchen looked delicious though!!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

After a horrible experience earlier in the day at another restaurant we decided to try this place. So glad we did, the food was awesome and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband liked his burger, but my halibut burger was pre-formed and greasy. :( Had heard about this place and was disappointed.
Gotta love crinkle-cut fries though!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Every year my family and I go to Long Beach for a little R&R after a long year as a concierge in Portland. This is an amazing restaurant with great prices. The staff (especially the owners) are fabulous. My favorite is the clam chowder and the "monster burger"... and the "tall Paul"... and the fish & chips. My wife is big on the burgers and chowder. My son had eaten a few "puppy dogs" and liked the chowder as well. Definitely worth a visit!