“Very quiet, good $86 value in June on Long Beach peninsula WA”

Mermaid Inn & RV Park
Ranked #5 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Very clean and very quiet, free Wi-Fi, complete with the usual (coffee maker, fridge, microwave, TV.) Management very pleasant and considerately books every other room where possible, and far enough back from the main street to ensure a quiet night's sleep. A fifteen minute walk through grasses and dunes to the ocean.

Room Tip: Number 7 was nice and quiet and far back from the busy main street. A communal BBQ available for gu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R0adTripper66
mermaidinnrvpark, Owner at Mermaid Inn & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Was skeptical of a "motel", but was pleasantly surprised. Only took the chance because it was voted #1 motel and the price was right. It was great! Immaculate, all the immenities of a larger space (soaps, coffeemaker, biscotti, microwave, fridge, etc), but the best of all was that the sheets and towels were soft, and nice pillows. There was no gross hotel type bed cover that usually creaps me out. Loved the place and will definitely stay there again if in the area. It is small, but passes the white glove test, which goes a long way with me.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pegalicious56

Thank you for those kind words. It is so nice when people understand what we are offering. With only ten units, we know that we won't be right for everyone, so we are geared for those people that think cleanliness, comfortable relaxing rooms, and a friendly accommodating staff are their top priorities.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Attended a wedding, most motels required a two-night stay. I was glad they let us stay for one night. the Great reviews also made the choice easy. It was quiet, Super Clean, and everything looked recently redone. Bed was comfy. Happy with my stay, if we are in the area again, would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Apachegrl

Thank you. Hope to be of service to you again .

Reviewed 23 April 2012

It was by luck that I ended up staying at the Mermaid Inn. I have been visiting the Long Beach area on business for many years, and in trying to find the right balance of amenities,comfort, price and cleanliness, I have stayed at many different hotel/motels in the area. I made the mistake of not making a reservation at my current usual place when there was a "clam dig" happening, so I had to look for a new place to stay. Lucky for me, the Mermaid had a cancellation, so I was able to get a room. The Mermaid Inn was the balance that I've been looking for. Upon checking out, I complimented the owner on the service and condition of the motel. The owner then actually apologized for the shape of the motel, as he had spent the past winter working on the RV Park, so he hadn't been able to put as much time into the motel as usual. As I am already impressed with this motel, Im looking forward to seeing what the place is like usually.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank riley53

Thank you Reilly. Even though I see you at least once a month and have many times vocalized my appreciation, I have been told I am suppose to write a response. I am glad that you tried us out the first time and that we have been able to fulfill your needs ever since.
PS...Thanks for all the home grown veggies and fruit you bring.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed at the Mermaid Inn on Preidents Day weekend.Ray (the owner) was very friendly at check-in. He offered many suggestions for dining. The at-door parking is convenient. The bed was super comfy.We requested a couple extra pillows..and Ray brought the pillows over immediately. Our room had a fridge and a microwave- very handy for travelers. The room heater was sufficient to keep the entire room at a proper temperature. The bathroom was clean and the towels were "thirsty'. Coffee was provided in room..along with some biscotti. The Mermaid Inn is one short mile from the main Long Beach area...but it was nice not being near all the people.We had pizza and local microbrews at the Pioneer Tavern just a block away.Overall...we will surely stay at the Mermaid Inn on our next journey to Long Beach. Thanks Ray for the awesome stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank blueraven78

Thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I have stayed at the Mermaid Inn at least five times and have not yet written a review, but after reading the comment about the terrible experience I felt the need to defend Ray, the owner. The person who wrote that must have been crazy! I have never had one negative experience. Ray has always been so friendly and helpful. Their business must thrive on repeat customers, because I have never spoken to another guest that has not visited before, and been fully in love with the place. Notice all the "Excellent" ratings among the one fluke. The place is so clean I have not seen so much as a speck of dust while visiting, yet they manage to make it still feel like home. I can guarantee that if you are not a completely disrespectful slob while staying at hotels, you will love the Mermaid Inn and easily see that the bad review was nothing short of a lie.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elisalu

Thank you for being such a great guest and just a wonderful person.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

I love this place this is ther first time staying here. We just wanted a quick one night get near the beach. its only 1.4 miles from downtown Long beach. Nestled between a resturant and a mini mart away makes it ideal. It has quaint and warm furnishings, never ending hot water with presure!!
They provide in room coffee, tea, hot cider and hot coco too.
The host has a great sense of humor and is very helpful and gracious. It is one of the cleanest motels we have ever stayed at. And we travel often.
It was such a deal too under 70.00 for the night teo people.
Free wifi, good selection of TV channels. I just can't say enough about how impressed we are! Mirco, and fridge also

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cynpowers

Thank you, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.