“Always Great Food and Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cove Restaurant

The Cove Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cove Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 28th St NW
Description: Restaurant located in the new club house of Peninsula Golf Course. Cozy atmosphere with friendly service Open for lunch Tuesday-Saturday 11-3 Open for Dinner Thursday-Saturday 5-8
Astoria, Oregon
“Always Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just logged in to rave about the great food and personal service that we received at lunch on July 10th and found a negative review from someone written on the same day. Our experience was just the opposite.

The owner and her staff were extremely welcoming to us and all of the other patrons in the restaurant and on the golf course. The owner greeted us as we walked across the lot, visited during our meal and gave us each a hug as we left. The staff, some of whom we met several months ago, recognized us and came out to the patio to greet us and thank us for coming.

The pulled-pork sandwich with cole slaw and sweet potato fries was excellent. My wife enjoyed her salad- lots of fresh ingredients. In the past we have had burgers, salads and entrees, all of which were excellent.

Five visits in the past year have all been great, which is why we make the drive every few months from Astoria. Food is great, servings are generous and prices are too low- we're always pleasantly surprised when the bill comes.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank s f

“Horrible ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Didn't like the owner at all. There are some issues at this restaurant that need to be taken care of. You could tell there was no respect for the employees. Won't be going back.

Abbotsford,B.C.
“What a wonderful experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you want the best salmon dinner ever go to the Cove Restaurant at the Peninsula golf course in Long Beach Washington.
The taste is utterly amazing.. We dined there on June 28th 2014 and we were thrilled with the service, the friendliness of the staff and the salmon done with blueberries and strawberries was to die for. Then add the freshly foraged vegetables such as sea beans and you will think you are in a high end restaurant in New York or some place equally exotic. The reasonable price will be a pleasant surprise as well.
While you are there don't forget to enjoy the displayed art featuring local artists like Don Nisbett.
I highly recommend stopping here if you are in the area.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank comquot
Newport, OR
“A Nice Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The clerk at our cottages recommended we try The Cove. And we were glad we did. This is a small 10 table restaurant at the local golf course. Our server was friendly and made us seem like we were eating at her home. I have the prime rib special and the hunk of meat I was served was huge but alas it was only tepid not hot. My veggies were hot and quite tasty. My wife's salmon was good and served hot. They have a small reasonably priced wine list. It is a nice place to eat and you are certainly made to feel welcome. Relaxing atmosphere looking out over the golf course as well.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ortravelers
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ranked #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is hands down the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. Now I don't have 1000's of restaurants under my belt but I have eaten my way across the states and through Mexico and this tops them all. Not only is the food great but there price is very reasonable. I truly enjoyed the service and the atmosphere. I highly recommend going out of your way to eat here, I did and it was worth it.

• Visited June 2014