“Stick to pizza”

scapece and aperitivo
Description: Located Above The Adrift Hotel And Spa
Description: Located Above The Adrift Hotel And Spa
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Not fine dining by any means. I hate old jam jars & pseudo recycling. Give me my Scotch/Martini in the proper glass. The food is only average & the staff get to use the bar & restaurant. Even McDonalds don't let that happen.

4  Thank Philbur

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Experience: Sunday, September 16 approx 5:45pm

We received a free appetizer with the groupon with purchased so we decided to head up to the bar/restaurant to claim the appetizer. There was nobody at the front desk, so we had to walk into the middle of the restaurant to be seated. There were a few families there, by no means packed, and no window seats available to see the view, so we opted for the bar.

The bar was not packed either, so we opted for a gorgeous window table. The window was open ridiculously wide and we had to shut it due to the gusts of wind and the waitress not being available to close it for is. It took 10 minutes for the waitress to greet us, so 5 minutes later, when she brought our orders along, we were sure to put in an appetizer order. After 45 minutes of waiting, the waitress checked on us once about 20 minutes after we put in the order to take our appetizer order again, and after being informed she already did, rushed off. There were three couples sitting in close proximity that were seated prior to us that still did not have any food, one of them being elderly. The waitress offered no explanation or updates as to the late food, and only brought the elderly couple bread after they advised that they were extremely hungry.

We left after 1 hour of a miserable experience. HORRIBLE SERVICE, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE and can't speak on the food because we were not served anything. Not even a piece of bread.

5  Thank Annie B
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I drove to Longbeach a couple Sunday's ago to have a nice lunch and to enjoy the beautiful day out. I had eaten at a previous restaurant that was in the same location that has now been replaced by this one.

Well the View is Great ! Everything Else ? Not so much !

We stood at the wait to be seated sign, which by the way is way out of the view of any of the service staff for over 10 minutes then finally ventured into the restaurant where we had to go to the bar on the far side of the restaurant entrance to even be seen.

We were seated at a nice table with a great view, and everything was pretty much downhill from there !

We ordered drinks which took a very long time to get and then ordered lunch off of a very limited menu. Their menu has little variety including a pretty limited pizza menu.

And now we waited, and waited, and waited even longer ! Other people came to the please wait to be seated sign and we advised them they might as well come in and seat themselves or they might not ever be seated.

And we continued to wait, and wait, and wait and we were one of very few tables in the restaurnat.

So we continued to wait and to wait for me a simple pizza that any pizza place could have had to me in 12 to 15 minutes. My friend had a crab mac and cheese and her daughter had a simple fruit plate.

We seriously waited well over an hour, in a restaurant that had little to no business for food that could have been made from scratch in a fraction of the time it took for us to get our food.

As for the food ? The fruit plate was OK ? The crab mac and cheese ? Not so good Kraft with some crab in it would have been better ? And my pizza ? Plain, little to no flavor, and for a margaritta pizza sure was not what any other place sells as a margaritta pizza !

I guess I will wait for this place to go out of business which should be soon and then go back to try whatever new restaurant replaces it.

Don't go here ! You will be sorry !

4  Thank Marcarribe
Reviewed 8 September 2012

When we arrived late at the Adrift Hotel, we knew that our only dinner option was going to be the hotel restaurant. This worried me a little, because of the concerns so many people have had with the service here, and because the prices were a touch on the more expensive side.

Fortunately, the late menu is exclusively happy hour, which meant that our pizzas were a very reasonable ten dollars (they were probably good enough to merit the original price). These pizzas had great crust and good sauce, although the vegetables on the veggie pizza would have benefited from being pre-cooked before thrown on the pie. We were also lucky enough to get served by the bartender, who was prompt, courteous, and dished some great tasting drinks. Having seen the "service" provided by the waitress and someone who appeared to be the manager, I can attest to our good fortune. That said, I can only rate this place by our own experience, and that was good. The view is, of course, great.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We were so looking forward to a nice dinner while staying at the quaint Adrift Hotel. The view from the restaurant looked fabulous... very romantic setting on the water. Perfect to watch the sunset.

When we first arrived, no one greeted us at the entrance. We just stood there for a few moments before the pizza chef invited us to choose our own table.

They did not bring us water, napkins or cutlery... a second server finally did, as well as side plates long after the bread had arrived. The wine order was wrong, first bringing us 2 glasses instead of the bottle, and then almost bringing us a second bottle that we did not order. We ordered oysters, asking how many were in a full and half order - "4 or 8" was the answer. About 10 minutes later, the server came back to let us know that they were out of oysters. Really?? On a long weekend? Poor planning. We ordered calamari in its place, and received the same answer regarding half/full orders - "4 or 8".... which makes no sense. The overdone/cold calamari arrived at the same time as the first entree, and the second entree arrived 5 minutes later. This was about 45 minutes after ordering! At one point, the server spilled a full glass of water on the floor next to our table, not even wiping it up. I cringed every time someone walked over it. As we had tried to cancel the second entree given that it had taken so long, they did comp it. Although the view is beautiful, there is no way that I would recommend this spot. Find another in town :(

4  Thank AJMS81