“Worth the Trip”

Worldmark by Wyndham, Long Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is our second stay at the WM, Long Beach. Our first time was almost 4 years ago. Wondering why it took us so long to return? This time, we had a 2 bedroom unit on the 4th floor. My husband and I were there Fri-Mon. Our 2 adult kids and their spouses arrived for Sat-Sun, so we used both bedrooms and the pull out wall bed. Our kids were very happy with the accomodations, even the ones who got the pull out. We were on the top floor and had the good fortune to be almost center in the building for a view over the pool area and ocean view. Staff were very accomodating. We declined to listen to the latest sales presentation and they did not bug us about it further. Well kept property, pool table, ping pong, electronic game room, exercise room which our son in law used and reported to be in good condition. We love the area. Lots to explore and not far from Astoria OR if you choose to drive there. We did not use the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub but watched many who did and talked to some. All reported it to be war, seemed to enjoy it.

Room Tip: 2 br units on top floor have great view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bodori
There are newer reviews for Worldmark by Wyndham, Long Beach

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the most boring place I have been in the world. I travel a lot around the world. You could not give me a free week at this place. There is nothing to do but watch the rain. The hot tub is 40 meters from a door and has no cover to keep towels dry. The place has One pool table. The floors are noisy and the rooms have so much wasted space I wonder where they got the design from. The location is with out a doubt the most nondescript, mundane personality' less, environment I have seen in years. Long beach has nothing to offer the world but common boring tourist junk made in China with no view along with very poor run of the mill over prices restaurants This so called resort is an abuse of the word resort and needs a paint job. I would not recommend this place to an enemy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Daniel F
WorldMark W, Social Media Team at Worldmark by Wyndham, Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the resort area accommodations and property location. We appreciate your suggestions, as we are always looking for ways to improve upon the guest experience. Again, thanks for reaching out.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

This timeshare resort is very far from Seattle. We left during rush hour, around 3:30 pm, and wow we were stop and go. Yikes it took us about 5 and half hours instead of 3 hours. It's a beautiful and clean resort. We stayed in a 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, fully equipped kitchen, living room with a Murphy bed. It has washer and dryer. Balcony with a barbecue grill. This resort is beside the beach. If you don't want to walk on the beach, you can walk on the boardwalk. It was very cold when we went, which was the third week of August, very very surprised. This resort has a heated outdoor swimming pool. No maid service that means you have to clean-up after yourselves! One grocery store, IGA is about a mile away. There is also a farmers market, can't remember what day. Not my kinda tea in shopping stores though. Hope this review is helpful, enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Atimonan
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed here for four nights and enjoyed it. Our two bedroom suite was on the second floor overlooking the pool with a view of the ocean. The location was close to the boardwalk and trail system. The suite had a well equipped kitchen, comfortable beds and had been newly renovated. It was close to numerous activities easily reached by car. The staff were helpful and friendly and it was a nice introduction for us to this part of the state. Our main complaint would be that noise travels from above and we had a very noisy, lots of running and jumping, family above us.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper floor on the north side if quiet is important. There are not many buil...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debra P
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was sick when I turned into the town of Long Beach, WA heading for my condo at Worldmark. I am an owner and have been to many up and down the coast of Wa, Or , and California. Just wanting to turn in so I could have some quiet time, I couldn't help but notice the lovely building I just pulled into. At reception, I had a room choice.....unusual , to say the least. I chose one on the lower floor just because it would be easier to get my luggage in. Had a one bedroom. Plenty of space....nice kitchen, living area, fire place and kingsize bed in bedroom. I immediately turned on the fireplace just to make me feel better. I had talked to the receptionist and she could tell I was not feeling well...Suddenly a knock at the door. She had called a restaurant down the street and went and got me some soup that she guaranteed would make me feel better...Thai soup, the secret lots of ginger. Such a sweet gesture...I did eat it and was wonderful...I just wanted to be sure to let people know that I felt appreciated and well cared for. She then told me to let her know if there was anything she could do to make my stay better. I was only there for a stopover on my way up the coast, but, will definately will go back when I can stay some time there...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ToniSitka_Alaska
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed in a large 2 bedroom towards the end of February with our family. 4 adults and 2 kids and found more than enough things to do in the 3 days we stayed here. I've only stayed in 2 Worldmark's so I don't have much to compare this place to, but I can say that everyone was courteous and friendly and everything was clean. There's a pool table, small arcade, large TV and sitting room area located down stairs. The pool table takes quarters, but it was a really nice amenity. There is a large outdoor swimming pool, kids waiting pool, and a hot tub on site. The pool and hot tub were open and heated even in winter, and that was an added bonus for us. There is a really nice raised boardwalk located right in front of the building, so it makes going for a walk all that much nicer. It's also a really good location, as downtown Long Beach is within a short walking distance so you can find lots of things to do, (ie: shopping, or eating). We had a great time on this short visit to the Worldmark and Long Beach, but we'll be back soon to enjoy this great place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank nitropinto
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I are in our late 30s with no children. We stayed at this resort for a week in June through an RCI exchange. We had a one bedroom oceanfront room on the 2nd floor. I found this resort to be mostly up to date. It was very clean. It had a nice fireplace, comfortable furnishings, a nice kitchen and was very spacious. There is no air conditioner, but the windows opened to provide an ample breeze. The beach and pier were right outside our balcony and were easily accessible. The unit also came with a washer and dryer with 2 packages of soap provided. Grills were on every balcony.

A few things the resort could work on is getting wi-fi for the rooms. They have something you can rent to get on the Internet, but when we tried it, we couldn't get on and I believe there was a daily charge for using it. I was able to connect to the Discovery wi-fi from a nearby hotel, but the connection strength was very low and unpredictable. The bedding could also be updated, they are still using the old comforters instead of the new sheets with duvets. There were also no shampoo/conditioner/lotions provided.

The pool is heated and they had a hot tub. Parking is complimentary with parking pass. They do try to get you to go on a timeshare talk when you pick up your parking pass, they offered us a $100 American Express gift card so we went on the presentation and didn't buy and it only lasted 50 minutes.

As far as the area goes, Long Beach is really quite a small town with not a lot of dining or entertainment options close by. We chose this resort as a good base to see Portland and Seattle along with the Oregon coast. Plenty to keep you busy if you want to explore those areas. We saw the 2 lighthouses at Cape Disappointment, went to Ecola State park, explored nearby Astoria, Seaside and Cannon Beach and spent a day in Portland and Seattle. We also did the 2 hour beach ride on horses through Back Country Wilderness Outfitters right down the street and I can recommend that as well.

All and all a nice resort that is probably good for families or couples. Everyone from the front desk staff to the maintenance guys were really friendly and we had a nice stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floor oceanfront rooms have jacuzzi's on the balconies. All rooms have grills on th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple