“Relaxing poolside stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Idaho
“Relaxing poolside stay”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Worldmark Long Beach is so beautiful and I give it an very good review for being a 20 year owner.

I booked a 2brm on bonus time and didn't get lucky with my room. No ocean or pool view since I was blocked by the penthouses. I did get a view of the Pickled Fish and mountains. A very funny thing happened during checkin however, the nice gal (Jana??) accidentally checked us in to the wrong room and I only discovered it when she told me to enjoy my 1 bedroom stay and I have great unit. I showed her my reservation on my smartphone and she realized she had the incorrect "Rebecca" staying for two nights with the same checkin/checkout days. Very ironic. She immediately had it corrected and even commented, "I'm going to have to tell management about this", which was a really good thing since the reservation she mistakenly checked me in to now had my AMEX card #.

The room itself was clean and nice. Housekeeping did a great job. I informed the front desk about the broken living room blind. On the exterior, the wear of ocean weather is showing. Rust on the nails, BBQ has seen better days and the pigeons are trying to next everywhere.

I did call the experience desk about what channel the Stanley Cup was on and she would need to return my call to figure it out. I never got a call back :( Speaking of experience desk. Really nice ladies. We were tired when we checked in and was tempted for an owner update but we declined.

The BEST part was the pool since I came to relax from my daily rat race. It happened to be 64 degrees and sunny that day with a slight breeze. I took my cooler, a few magazines, sunscreen and towels and relaxed for at least 4 hours.

We walked to beach for sunset and somehow left our phones in the room, but you'll need to use your imagination for the beauty. It is amazing how different the ocean can be just crossing the bridge from Oregon. Wonderful short get away.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a unit away from elevators. Two bedrooms are on the 4th floor which means yo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Linda S, General Manager at Worldmark by Wyndham, Long Beach, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the great feedback regarding our beautiful part of the world! I apologize that you had to experience some confusion during check-in. We will use your comments to further improve on what we do. It is our goal to ensure that our guests have a great vacation experience!

I hope that you choose to come and stay with us again and hopefully will get to experience one of the more desirable unit locations.

Thank you again for the great feedback!

Linda S.
Resort Manager
WorldMark Long Beach
Long Beach, WA

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We invited friends to join us at the Long Beach resort for two nights by the a Pacific Ocean. The stay was outstanding, with unit meeting all our high expectations. We had good movies available to us and the hot tub was really great, with clear plexiglas allowing a view of the dunes but keeping the wind off of me. Be sure to take the raised beach walk; it has fine ocean views and has stopping points with benches and interpretive signs along the way. It is a short walk to all of the town shops, too, with glass shops, art galleries, and a locally famous bakery to boot! Much to see in the area, including the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center near Ilwaco, the longest beach in the contiguous U.S., and the original Oysterville houses.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jim D
Linda S, Manager at Worldmark by Wyndham, Long Beach, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you, Jim D for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are so glad that you and your guests enjoyed our resort and the area. We have much to offer in outdoor activities as you stated as well as beautiful coastal lighthouses. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

You like flash and thrills? Don't go to Long View. This is a place to bring kids, play in the pool, walk to the beach (that is just outside your rooms) and build sand castles. And fly kites. It's often windy here.

You can drive on beaches in Washington but remember the same laws on streets apply. Beware of the incoming tide if you don't have 4WD cause you may get stuck between surf and sand.

Within driving distance of Astoria, OR and Cape Disappointment State Park.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Linda S, Manager at Worldmark by Wyndham, Long Beach, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Mike A,
Thank you for your feedback about the Long Beach resort! As you stated we are the perfect getaway for creating family time memories!
Long Beach has a great boardwalk and walking/biking trail and if flying kites is your thing, come visit us during the 3rd week of August for the International Kite Festival.
We hope to see you again soon!!
Puyallup
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is our second stay at the WM, Long Beach. Our first time was almost 4 years ago. Wondering why it took us so long to return? This time, we had a 2 bedroom unit on the 4th floor. My husband and I were there Fri-Mon. Our 2 adult kids and their spouses arrived for Sat-Sun, so we used both bedrooms and the pull out wall bed. Our kids were very happy with the accomodations, even the ones who got the pull out. We were on the top floor and had the good fortune to be almost center in the building for a view over the pool area and ocean view. Staff were very accomodating. We declined to listen to the latest sales presentation and they did not bug us about it further. Well kept property, pool table, ping pong, electronic game room, exercise room which our son in law used and reported to be in good condition. We love the area. Lots to explore and not far from Astoria OR if you choose to drive there. We did not use the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub but watched many who did and talked to some. All reported it to be war, seemed to enjoy it.

Room Tip: 2 br units on top floor have great view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bodori
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the most boring place I have been in the world. I travel a lot around the world. You could not give me a free week at this place. There is nothing to do but watch the rain. The hot tub is 40 meters from a door and has no cover to keep towels dry. The place has One pool table. The floors are noisy and the rooms have so much wasted space I wonder where they got the design from. The location is with out a doubt the most nondescript, mundane personality' less, environment I have seen in years. Long beach has nothing to offer the world but common boring tourist junk made in China with no view along with very poor run of the mill over prices restaurants This so called resort is an abuse of the word resort and needs a paint job. I would not recommend this place to an enemy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Daniel F
WorldMark W, Social Media Team at Worldmark by Wyndham, Long Beach, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the resort area accommodations and property location. We appreciate your suggestions, as we are always looking for ways to improve upon the guest experience. Again, thanks for reaching out.
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

This timeshare resort is very far from Seattle. We left during rush hour, around 3:30 pm, and wow we were stop and go. Yikes it took us about 5 and half hours instead of 3 hours. It's a beautiful and clean resort. We stayed in a 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, fully equipped kitchen, living room with a Murphy bed. It has washer and dryer. Balcony with a barbecue grill. This resort is beside the beach. If you don't want to walk on the beach, you can walk on the boardwalk. It was very cold when we went, which was the third week of August, very very surprised. This resort has a heated outdoor swimming pool. No maid service that means you have to clean-up after yourselves! One grocery store, IGA is about a mile away. There is also a farmers market, can't remember what day. Not my kinda tea in shopping stores though. Hope this review is helpful, enjoy your stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Atimonan
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed here for four nights and enjoyed it. Our two bedroom suite was on the second floor overlooking the pool with a view of the ocean. The location was close to the boardwalk and trail system. The suite had a well equipped kitchen, comfortable beds and had been newly renovated. It was close to numerous activities easily reached by car. The staff were helpful and friendly and it was a nice introduction for us to this part of the state. Our main complaint would be that noise travels from above and we had a very noisy, lots of running and jumping, family above us.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper floor on the north side if quiet is important. There are not many buil...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple