“So hip, so good.....perfect spot.”

Pickled Fish Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$25 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“So hip, so good.....perfect spot.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wow.....very pleasantly surprised!

It starts with a view of the Pacific Ocean to die for. The restaurant is located on the fourth floor of the building with a sweeping view of the beach and water. The ocean is just a few hundred yards away.

Excellent service top to bottom.

The menu is varied with a variety to choose from. Prices are better than what you'd expect given the ocean view.

The ambiance is perfect. Just a hint of nautical without being cheesy or over the top. They've done a good job with decor. It has a "hip" feel without being audacious.

Quality of the food was very good. We ate here twice and always had something different. We were happy with each meal.

The overall "vibe" is excellent. Spacing between tables is just right. Plenty of tables have views of the water.

You would easily think you were in a more upscale restaurant in the heart of Portland than out on the beach.

Will definitely recommend to others.

• Visited July 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Mothers Day Buffet to remember”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Adrift Hotel over a weekend and so ate at the Pickled Fish for two different meals. Both times the food was excellent and the view made it all the more scrumptuous. Our friends came to Long Beach regularly and said this was the best place to eat in town. Most of the meals were between $10 and $30. The first dinner there, I indulged in a half dungeness crab, something I hadn't been able to afford at any restaurant in years and I think it was only $13, a bargain for sure. Hubby had a daily special pizza from their wood-fired pizza oven with goat cheese. The crust was the best I perhaps ever--thin, very chewy and aromatic. I laughed when I realized that sitting at the next table I recognized the restaurant manager from another local restaurant where we had eaten at for lunch. No competition here-- this place was so much tastier, and with a better view and better atmosphere for the same cost. My daughter and her husband came one other time late in the evening for dessert and live music and said it was delicious too. Since it was Mothers Day weekend, the four of us (including daughter and her husband) made reservations for their buffet. It is a fairly new restaurant and they said this was the first time they had tried a holiday buffet, but I hope it won't be the last. Chef-prepared seafood, prime rib, desserts--it was so many delicious items that we couldn't decide which was better--"you gotta try THIS one, this is amazing" "wait til you try THIS" (with lots of moaning going on). This is a really wonderful place to eat. I hope they live long and prosper in Long Beach.

• Visited May 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wonderful place to hear live music and watch the sunset!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had dinner here one night while on vacation. It is open late and they have a wonderful view! They are located on the upper-floor of the Adrift Hotel. A band from Portand was playing that night. They were actually pretty good. Our server was very friendly and helpful. We each had their signature hamburger and it was very delicious! I will definitely be back if I ever visit Longbeach again!

• Visited June 2014
Olympia, Washington
“Portland comes to the beach!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I loved this place! It felt like a hipster Portland restaurant but is set on a beautiful beach :) I say that in a good way. Lots of fun choices~ I had a white bean burger, which I'd never tried before. You see black bean burgers everywhere~ this was a nice change, and really good. I like that they try to use organics and locally sourced foods whenever possible. Very fresh and cool. Looking forward to another visit. It's closer to Olympia than the Oregon coast, so it's a good alternative if you just want to get away for a night.

• Visited May 2014
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Pizza was so good”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great view, the drinks were good and the pizza was delectable. Try to get a window seat on the ocean side, a sunset would be a bonus.

• Visited March 2014