“Nothing fishy here!!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Awesome place with a great view of the sea from the high stools and big windows and a vast menu of sumptuous things to order from..Had breakfast here 2 days in a row and for a good reason..The quality of the food is really fresh and the freshly-brewed beer is a thing to savor.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Ate here twice. Different staff each night. Awesome service and food both nights. Helpful and friendly. The great ocean front views are just the bonus. Don't visit Long Beach without at least one dinner at the restaurant. We stayed at the attached Adrift hotel which is equally fantastic.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Pickled Fish has really transformed itself into a great place to eat. The original opening was a letdown for both the owners and the customers, but that is no longer the case.

A recent meal here was excellent. The food was fresh and well prepared. A delicious burger for me, and a pizza for the wife, which was way too much food for her. I would like to see a more traditional green and Caesar salad on the menu. The ones listed did not appeal to either of us.

The seating is great, best ocean view in town by far. The bar has a nice selection of local beer (try the starvation alley Weiss beer) along with unique mixed drinks.

Even if you just want a beer and to listen to the live music, which is offered up each night, I don't think you can go wrong here.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wow.....very pleasantly surprised!

It starts with a view of the Pacific Ocean to die for. The restaurant is located on the fourth floor of the building with a sweeping view of the beach and water. The ocean is just a few hundred yards away.

Excellent service top to bottom.

The menu is varied with a variety to choose from. Prices are better than what you'd expect given the ocean view.

The ambiance is perfect. Just a hint of nautical without being cheesy or over the top. They've done a good job with decor. It has a "hip" feel without being audacious.

Quality of the food was very good. We ate here twice and always had something different. We were happy with each meal.

The overall "vibe" is excellent. Spacing between tables is just right. Plenty of tables have views of the water.

You would easily think you were in a more upscale restaurant in the heart of Portland than out on the beach.

Will definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Adrift Hotel over a weekend and so ate at the Pickled Fish for two different meals. Both times the food was excellent and the view made it all the more scrumptuous. Our friends came to Long Beach regularly and said this was the best place to eat in town. Most of the meals were between $10 and $30. The first dinner there, I indulged in a half dungeness crab, something I hadn't been able to afford at any restaurant in years and I think it was only $13, a bargain for sure. Hubby had a daily special pizza from their wood-fired pizza oven with goat cheese. The crust was the best I perhaps ever--thin, very chewy and aromatic. I laughed when I realized that sitting at the next table I recognized the restaurant manager from another local restaurant where we had eaten at for lunch. No competition here-- this place was so much tastier, and with a better view and better atmosphere for the same cost. My daughter and her husband came one other time late in the evening for dessert and live music and said it was delicious too. Since it was Mothers Day weekend, the four of us (including daughter and her husband) made reservations for their buffet. It is a fairly new restaurant and they said this was the first time they had tried a holiday buffet, but I hope it won't be the last. Chef-prepared seafood, prime rib, desserts--it was so many delicious items that we couldn't decide which was better--"you gotta try THIS one, this is amazing" "wait til you try THIS" (with lots of moaning going on). This is a really wonderful place to eat. I hope they live long and prosper in Long Beach.