“Best View in Long Beach”

Pickled Fish Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$25 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Moody, Canada
“Best View in Long Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

A great view with good food, relaxed service and live music on weekends. If you are hungry have one of their pizza's as an appetizer to share. The Crab Mac'nCheese was really good with an excellent side of Focaccia bread. The Elk sliders were very good. The windows need to be cleaned (externally) to really allow you to appreciate the sunset.

• Visited August 2014

Golden, Colorado
“Lovely, the view, the location, the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had breakfast here, yum!!! The service was great, the food, divine! What a wonderful location. After eating it is a short walk to the beach. I would go back if I ever get that way again!

• Visited July 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The restaurant is situated on the top of the Adrift Hotel with a beautiful panoramic view; a great place to eat and watch the sunset over the Pacific. It is easy to find and there is an elevator up to the restaurant. We had made a reservation through the online booking service and were welcomed promptly to our table. Our waiter was very genuinely attentive, without the pretentiousness and faked smile. There was a good selection on the menu and a reasonably priced wine list. We had the Meat Board with three selections, crackers and some pickled vegetables and 1/2 doz. oysters which were sweet,succulent and fresh. I had the Chef's Special - a delicious combination of albacore tuna wrapped with bacon - my partner had the Chinook Salmon cooked to perfection on some of the best infused quinoa she had ever tasted - plus it was gluten free! Desserts were delicious - the Crème Brule was very creamy and the chocolate mousse was sublime! If there was anything to comment on - it would be the coffee - I really wanted an espresso to finish with, but there was only drip. Please consider!
So overall, a well appointed restaurant with an amazing view, an excellent dinner complemented with good staff and somewhere I would love to come back to!

• Visited July 2014
Spearfish, South Dakota, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stumbled into Long Beach, looking for somewhere to eat. We decided here based on the view, and I'm very glad we did. Our server (the receipt said Christina-I wish I would have asked) was extremely prompt and unobtrusive, she was fantastic. We got a table right against the window with a great view. We ordered our drinks, and they bring you a carafe of water, which I appreciate. We ordered the hummus as an app, which had great flavor (my husband doesn't like shellfish so oysters were out). He got a burger; local, grass fed angus beef with hand cut French fries. I decided at the last minute to order pan seared cod. I'm SO glad I did. Great flavor, great presentation. Came with a dill aoili. The vegetables with it were shiitake mushrooms, squash, asparagus, and cooked radishes, which I'd never eaten. There was also a beautiful microgreens garnish.

I wish we had time to go back. It was my favorite meal since we have been in the PNW.

1 Thank Lindsey S
Olympia, Washington
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We had dinner last night and were so pleased we went back again for brunch. Excellent pizza, bacon-wrapped albacore special and cod. The service was great, even with a packed house and standing room only in the waiting area. The elk sliders were juicy and flavorful on homemade brioche buns. The truffle pizza was amazing - fantastic, chewy crust. For brunch, the frittata special and the chef's breakfast were both wonderful, and the orange juice is freshly squeezed to order. There is no other restaurant in town with a view like this!

Visited July 2014