“Good food and family friendly”
Review of Anita's Coastal Cafe - CLOSED

Anita's Coastal Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I wish we would have gone here on our first day, because then we would have been able to try more things on the menu. The food was great, the atmosphere was warm, and the staff very friendly. A huge bonus for us was the little play area for children.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Loved the atmosphere of this place! The decorations, the mismatched dishes, its was like eating at a friends home. Best homemade sausage gravy, I reccomend getting it on browns. Huge pieces of sausage in every bite! Reasonably priced and nice portions.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

TripAdvisor led us to this little gem… In looking for another place to eat breakfast and lunch in Long Beach, I searched the Long Beach site and found Anita’s listed. The Long Beach site does not have reviews so I checked TripAdvisor. The reviews were very good and we decided to eat breakfast there. We were not disappointed! We have eaten at several little hometown style of restaurants and this is one of the best. Very friendly, very clean, and very good food. The special was a German sausage scramble. It consisted of German sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, onions, green peppers and mushrooms covered with melted cheese. I can truthfully tell you it was very good. We took one of their little handout menus with us so I could remember some of the details to pass on to other folks. Her current hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Dine in or take out. Breakfast is served all day or a nice selection of burgers and sandwiches for lunch. Of course, being at the coast she has fish & chips and clam chowder. There is a play area for little kids and a kids menu. This is a family restaurant – so no alcohol served. Bottom line - we were very pleased with Anita’s and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

First of all, Anita is a kick! It was a quiet mid morning Wednesday and we had gotten our food and Anita had to run next door - she says if the phone rings just answer it! What a hoot! I'm almost sorry it didn't ring! I had oatmeal and toast and my man had eggs, bacon and hash browns. Just like home cooking and the coffee was always hot and kept full. Fun honey decor and very comfortable. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Recently ate here with the parents and our two teenage kids. The option to have breakfast at lunchtime was much appreciated by the kids. The servers were friendly and quick to explain the dishes on the menu. I had a shrimp louie salad, other had sandwiches, breakfast, etc. Prices seemed standard with other restaurants in the area. The menu isn't exactly huge, but I think it's much better to be really good at a few things than mediocre at many. Ready to make a return visit!