“Chicken Fry” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anita's Coastal Cafe - CLOSED

Anita's Coastal Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Long Beach, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken Fry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you like chicken fried steak, well here you go! I went in craving french toast and I'm so happy I changed my mind. The steak was awesome. I didn't even use a steak knife. And the gravy was great. I couldn't of asked for a better breakfast. In fact the meat almost melted in my mouth. This is one of our newer cafe's and I'm happy I tried it. If you're looking for quality and service, you will find both. I'll be going back to try the lunch menu. I do recommend stopping in for a meal.

• Visited July 2014

Seattle, Washington
“They Could Do Better....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I hate to be negative about a small tourist town restaurant because I know they're trying to compete in a tough environment. But....they could do so much more.

From the outside, they've done a good job of making things look clean, inviting, and cozy. The parking is fast and easy.

Service wasn't very good. We seated ourselves and waited almost ten minutes before anyone spoke to us. Not good. There was only two other tables besides are own....they weren't busy otherwise I might give them a pass on this.

The waitress was friendly and chatty, but never came back to our table after pouring one cup of coffee and delivering our food. She forgot to bring syrup for the pancakes and I had to go find her to ask for some. I think she was a little too busy talking it up with locals...

The quality of the food was a notch below average. I didn't finish my meal of blueberry pancakes because....well.....they were a bit soggy and flat.

Prices were about what you'd expect.

I won't be back and I can't recommend to others.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank OneBadCowboy
Newport, OR
“Great Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This a a great choice for breakfast. The menu has adequate enough selection to satisfy most people. The portions are good sized and the food is served hot and with a smile. I would recommend getting here early as it does fill up as the morning goes on. Our server was friendly and even thought she was busy took that extra minute to make us feel welcome.

• Visited June 2014
Chehalis, Washington
“Worth the visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Older style diner with casual atmosphere. Good food and service, great breakfast and lunch spot. Just north of town and in a quiet area, very good place for food and conversation.

Visited June 2014
Clackamas Oregon
“Small town cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had breakfast at Anita's during an overnight vacation. Everything average for a small town- decor, food, price. Coffee only average. Had a special of steak tips and eggs. Steak was small cubes, lots of fat and gristle. Eggs and potatoes not greasy. Portion size average. I would try the bakery down the street. Awesome baked goods and they serve breakfast and lunch.

• Visited June 2014