“Wonderful place, highly recommend!”

Inn at Discovery Coast
Ranked #1 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Let me say that this place is across the street from a Worldmark, a place that we've stayed at before and I'm sure that the accommodations and experience were better here, despite how luxurious and fun to stay at Worldmark is. The place was amazing! The rooms had so much charm (we were in room 1) and obviously a lot of love and care had gone into every detail. The view was gorgeous- we could see right to the beach and every hour the horseback riding groups passed by which was really cool. The tub was wonderful, and I really appreciate that they used eco-friendly, high quality, not tested on animal bath products. I caught a glimpse of the cleaning supplies and even those were from a brand like that. The staff were so friendly and pleasant. The breakfast they brought us each morning was DELICIOUS (the scones were amazing). Overall, this was one of, if not the, nicest places we've stayed and we will be back. No complaints at all. Worth the price.

Room Tip: No noise even though we were on the first floor. Eat at their restaurant, "Pickled Fish".
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn at Discovery Coast

Reviewed 23 July 2013

After having a little trouble finding the property and then figuring out where to check in, we were pleasantly surprised by our room. We booked a corner suite on the 3rd floor. Windows on 2 sides supplied beautiful ocean views. Our bed was huge and comfy. Loved the deck facing the ocean. The jetted tub was great. The sea air coming in the glass doors was lovely. The Pickled Fish is the restaurant located on top of the adjoining property, and we had a delicious and fun dinner there. The staff was helpful in the morning by putting us at the top of the breakfast basket delivery list so we could get on the road.

Room Tip: Book the 3rd floor as there is no carpeting and I imagine the hardwood floors would be noisy below.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am very torn about the rating for this review. I'll start with the good, and there is a lot. The Inn is owned by the people that own the Adrift which is a great property, right by the water. It is a modern hotel and the lobby is great, with fresh coffee, great snacks, bikes to use for free, dvds, etc. The Inn is composed of two buildings, one right overlooking the water with about 12 rooms and a second smaller building with three rooms behind it. We stayed in the Beach Studio in the smaller building. The hotel is very unique in that it is not decorated traditionally, and it was lovely. Wide wood plank floors, weathered furniture, an INCREDIBLE mattress pad, snacks, fridge and microwave, dvd player, ipod hookup, etc. The jet tub was AMAZING. and the toiletries were first class..

Now for the bad... the walls were very thin. I sleep with earplugs and noise does not usually bother me but the Beach Studio has a room above it and I could hear everything that was happening up there. This was the ONLY bad thing about our stay, but unfortunately when you are unable to sleep it ruins everything. I highly recommend this property but I suggest an upper level room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MelissaL81
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We booked for 3 nights during July 4th week in early February. Inn waited 4 months before notifying us of rate change due to 'their' mistake ... an additional $133. Not enough time to change reservations since alternatives were booked. We were tempted to give a one star but location is nice.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I can't believe I have taken this long for me to review the Inn! We went last March, and had an amazing time. The view is absolutely amazing, and since we went during a stormy-weather time, it often felt like we were the only ones there. It's directly on the beach, and close to activities and food.

Each morning, you call the front desk and say you're up and they deliver a breakfast basket with organic yogurt and homemade scones. And don't even get me started on the bathrooms! Our room had a two head shower that felt like a little spa.

We are definitely going back soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My husband and I are annual Long Beach visitors and had seen Inn at DC before when going down to the beach. This is a wonderful little hotel. We had room #5 and loved the view of the water. Great amenities (we wish we had a large, two headed shower at home and were quite spoiled!). The king sized bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. It's within walking distance of downtown Long Beach and we'd take our car if we were traveling up north or just trying to find a good restaurant that we hadn't been to before. Love the scones and other items in the breakfast basket, though the people who prepare the baskets should realize that you can't eat kiwi fruit that isn't ripe. Very quiet, as well, and we needed the quiet to decompress! Thanks, staff, for making our trip a memorable one and we look forward to staying with you again next year!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Our son and his wife took us here for a weekend. Very nice. Our deck looked right over the sand dunes and ocean. Fireplace felt good on the February nights and mornings. We could call in the morning to have the breakfast delivered to the door when we wanted. Handy to have a small fridge in the room. There were bikes to use (which we didn't) but we took nice walks along the boardwalk and beach.

Room Tip: I'd recommend our room #1 - bottom on the corner.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family