“Summer in September, Wonderful Place”

Inn at Discovery Coast
Ranked #1 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Summer in September, Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2008

We stayed 4 nights, September 27-30 and had the best time. The weather was very summerlike the first couple days then classic NW fog and mist the last two. Absolutely wonderful. The room was perfect and modern amenities were appreciated. I also believe that The Inn is ideally located, just at the foot of the dunes before the beach. It was great to sit out on the deck to see and listen to the ocean, to wake up in the the middle of the night to view the stars, and to watch a resident hawk searching the dunes for breakfast each morning. A walk to the beach is easy and also should be mandatory during your stay! The bikes were servicable and we put them to good use by riding all over the place. The staff was very accommodating and fulfilled any requests in a friendly and timely fashion. The bed, the fireplace and the lull of the ocean all lent themselves to a peaceful nights sleep, comfortable lounging, and mid day siestas.

In all, we really loved this place, as well as the location and the greater community and we look forward to a return trip to the Inn at Discovery Coast as soon as we can get away again.

• Liked — It all seemed very comfortable and felt homey.
  • Disliked — Nothing bothered me enough to comment.
1 Thank OutandAboutNW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
camas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2008

While staying at the Inn at Discovery Coast my husband and I had a wonderful time. My room was gorgeous, the bed was more comfortable than the one I have at home. The sheets were soooo soft. My room had the best ocean view I have ever seen. I loved the over sized jacuzzi tub. The breakfast basket in the morning was perfect! It was light and filling. I will definetly be returning to this lovely romantic getaway inn.

• Liked — the ocean view and the peacful sound of the ocean
  • Disliked — no elevator (no big deal)
2 Thank hotmama92
oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2008

Stay here if you want bugs, doors off hinges, thin walls where everything is heard, dirty bathrooms, burned out lights, windows that don't open, some pretentious hosts/hostesses and employees and overpriced rates.

We were treated as though we had not just paid over $500 for three night stay, but were annoyances that should go away.

We where quiet and considerate guests and I am incensed about the way we where treated.

I would absolutely not recommend this inn.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty, disregard for quests, lack of communication
1 Thank cdcw
seattle, wa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2008

My family stayed at the loft for one night and day. It's clean with friendly hosts. It's not well insulated, but I would have accepted this until very loud banging and doors slamming interrupted the afternoon for several hours. I was shocked the owners of this property would rent at full price knowing their construction crew was working downstairs! I spoke with the person at the desk who then called the owner. I was advised the crew would stop for 1-2 hours, but then would resume their work. A 20% discount was offered, or we could move to a different room. This was not acceptable to me. I think it is wrong to rent to guests under these circumstances. At the least you could inform them and they could decide if they want to use the facility. I had already pre-paid the second day and advised I would refuse to pay because we were not going to stay and were further inconvenienced by having to pack up and relocate 3 adults and 2 small children. I will not be returning!

• Liked — clean/ocean view
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Yeargin
Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

I was expecting a lot more than I received from this inn. The pictures were wonderful and I read reviews (specifically one about the Loft and how dirty it was) but was thinking that they may have stepped it up. Unfortunately, they have not. I stayed in the Loft and felt gross the whole time. The cutlery had stains on them (crusted peanut better and more on knives and spoons), the sheets had holes, the sofa was full of stains (we took towels and draped it over the couch so we could sit on it), the windows were dirty, and the window sills were dirty (I had to clean it off myself with a wash cloth), the curtain in the bedroom was duct taped on.

The bikes that they had mentioned on their website is numbered at 2 - 2 very rusted bikes with bald tires. The complimentary breakfast was ok. My fiance and I received 2 scones (if you have a nut allergy make sure you do not eat the scones as they do have nuts in them), an apple, a bruised nectarine, a bit of jam, and two bottles of juice with chunks of some sort inside. We also received a rose that was strategically placed next to an envelope asking for tips.

The only really great thing about this place is its location which is about a minute walk to the beach, boardwalk, and trail, as well as a few minutes to all the shops. The views were fantastic. The jetted 2 person tub was great.

Other than that I will definitely not be returning to this place as all it seems to really care about is swiping the card. I might as well stay at a bigger hotel that is cleaner.

• Liked — Views
  • Disliked — The room - the lack of cleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emmygolucky
medford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

Fantastic location-great views-nice decks. Comfortable beds with noisy frame. Great scones in the morning. Great help. No ice machine. Lousy insulation between floors-very noisy when somebody walks normally. The painting detail was not done by a proffessional!!

Terry & Jan Johnson
Medford, Oregon

Stayed June 2008
Battle Ground, Wa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2008

Do not stay in a middle room. The vents for the fireplaces of all three rooms are on the balcony of this room. The smell of gas prevents you from spending too much time enjoying the beautiful view. If the window is open the smell permeates the room. Our toilet was broken and instead of fixing it we were told how to manipulate it to make it work. For $150 per night, I don't want to be bothered with a broken toilet. The owner replaced a part the next day, but unfortunately, it was the wrong part because the toilet still didn't work properly. The room was very small, also.
The breakfast is a nice touch, however, the yogurt we received was 9 days over the date on the container.
The location of the Inn is perfect. Too bad everything else wasn't.

Stayed June 2008