“Clean and Cozy!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We were upgraded to a room with a king size bed! We found this to be exceptionally nice on their part. Room was very clean and orderly with plenty of towels. It came with the following commendations, coffeemaker w/ coffee packs, microwave, and nice little refrigerator with a large TV. We found the fireplace (first pres-o-log is on them) made the room warm and cozy! The location was ideal for walking to the main street and other places of interest. The following day the continental breakfast was ideal. We'll deftly return to this quaint and cozy hotel. Ho? Did we forget to tell you, the office staff was excellent?

Jack & Melinda - Oregon

Room Tip: If you want that cozy feeling? This room was just the ticket - it had a fireplace! It faces the ocea...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack H

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Room was comfortable & though breakfast was small with a great coffee cake from the bakery across the street, it was free. Mostly, I want to say thanks to the helpful staff. I'd forgotten something and they sent it to me pronto and charged only the postage (no handling fee as some are wont to do). My son and I had a great experience here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

As a business traveler who travels 32 weeks a year, I must say the Rodeway Inn & Suites in Long Beach surpassed any expectations I had. The Rooms = Extremely Clean, Huge!, and it included a Fridge, Microwave, Stove and Sink! It was like a beautiful efficiency with a beach side theme. Very Quiet and Peaceful. The Staff Theresa and Stephanie are wonderful to deal with, any requests or information you might need they have it. This was a great surprise and I look forward to visiting Long Beach WA again to stay there again.
The location is right in the middle of Downtown and 1 block to the beach access!!!!
Great Restaurants right across the street!!!

Room Tip: Request a suite on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The front desk was very helpfull gave us great sugestions on places to eat and what to see. the room was verry clean & in a great location. my famely and I had a great time at kite festival and injoying the pool

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 14 August 2012

well well well..... DON'T STAY HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE USED TO STAY OFTEN 7- 8 YRS AGO... not EVER AGAIN!!!!! I am sure Daniel will love this one...lol.. But it's the whole truth what I am about to write...I have nothing to hide but they do.... First off when I made the reservation I called first and asked for availability and also once I made our reservations for a bottom floor since I have had surgery and difficult for me to do stairs..the lady assured me we would have it and this is after i paid in full for the room on the website... well guess what we get there and it all changed.. so first night we were in one room and then had to move the second night for the remained of our 4 day 3 night stay... when we walked it to both rooms they stunk horribly so bad i had to go by air freshener and candles to get the stink out of the room. the one fridge had so much rust in the bottom it was disgusting... I think the managers should put there food in it and eat it.. there was a lot of noise all around us into the night didn't dare complain in fear of what could happen to out brand new 2012 Acadia car.. DOnt use the Laundromat either it took me 12.00 to do 2 loads and dry them what a joke!!! and to top it off one washing machine doesn't even work!!! but I am sure they will have a reason for this... What really creeped us out was the night guy, Robert was more interested in socializing with the young female guests and that is what we observed and its our opinion..The day manager lady was very nice and did help us out I believe her name was Teresa if it wasn't for her we would have checked out early..you could also smell mold in the rooms and i don't care what Daniel says about doing choice privileges deep clean 2 times a year ..in our opinion it needs to be redone...The kicker about the whole stay was.. We had bought my mom and dad a non perishable gift pack that was bought at Tillamook factory that didn't not in any way require refrigeration but we placed it in their and left it by mistake called and finally got a hold of someone 1 1/2 days after check out and first was told by the maintenance man the only thing the maid found was the fudge sitting on top of the garbage can when she cleaned the room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said that was impossible it was a gift pack non perishable and it would have had to be taken out of the sealed box from the very large jar of Jam.. he said well that's how it was found by the maid.. I said well judgement day will be there for her wont it and then he say's to me, I have only worked here a couple of months and I don't care!!!! that was made very clear while we stayed there.. he was more interested in mingling and smoking cigarettes.. while working and that is what we observed.. then I called and got a hold of Daniel and talk about being on the defense right from the get go .... he sure was..I explained it all over again and he said that our policy is to throw away food.. after 24 hours .. I told him it was a gift box that was non perishable and it would not have spoiled and said it was packaged together but he also insisted that only the fudge was found and I said well your maid isn't being truthful with you . then I said well I guess we will never get it back and I hope you maid enjoyed it and taking something form a 83 yr old lady, my mother in law.. it only cost $18.36 but its the principle in the matter .. then I said I guess I will review my laptop camera and see what else they got into and he got so irate at me and said that's illegal and I will sue you for that I said you cant it doesn't state anywhere nor did I sign anything that i couldn't video in my own room to watch over our belongings nor is there any signs.. I also told him I hope you enjoyed our money because we will never return there for numerous reasons and I hope other people get wind of this hotel because when you treat your guests in this manner this is what causes a business to fail...I have not slander you in anyway this is 100% the truth and future perspective guests need to be made aware of where their money is going.. it was a lot better when it was the Shaman...I personally don't care what the manager has to say because once he gets your money that's all he seems to care about in our opinion but guess what eventually it will come to a halt for you..I have stayed at numerous choice privileges hotels and this one is not their standards in our opinion and I feel that if they knew there would be some changes which is already been reported. Because when you are under them even if you independently own the hotel you still have to follow their standards for choice privileges in order to claim to be a choice hotel.Let us set the record straight that this is our opinion and how we felt we were treated while we were guests at this hotel. We have only stated the truth and this is what this web site is for to let other perspective guests know of a hotel they may choose to use. It is our opinion........ We WILL NEVER USE THIS HOTEL AGAIN... BEWARE.....THINGS ARE NOT WHAT YOU ARE TOLD NOR PAY FOR.. oh I forgot their continental breakfast isn't good either...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank traveler3030
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The staff was friendly and the room was very clean and there was a modest atempt at a continental breakfast. However, the beds were extremely hard, there was a gap under the exterior door that allowed a draft and extra noise into the room and the WiFi wasn't working. All that was tolerable. What wasn't tolerable was that there was not enough hot water for everyone to shower, even with extremely short showers, On day one, one out of four of us got a hot shower. We were told to wait a half hour or so for it to warm up as there was only one water heater for every four rooms--okay if you want to spend the day in the room. On day two, three of us got quick warm showers, the fourth ice cold. The staff indicated that this was common and seemed unaware that this was a big problem and inconvenience for their guests. We were able to extend check out while waiting for hot water.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn H
DandERodeway, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. All comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. We strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service, the cleanest rooms, and a most positive experience possible for our guest at all times. So I am concerned to learn of the difficulty that was experienced with your stay at our hotel. We accommodate many guests each evening with different needs. The beds range from hard to medium not every one likes the same firmness of bed. We also provide 80 gallon hot water tanks to meet our guest showering needs this is normally plenty of hot water.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We were on a weeklong trip without any firm dates or locations on where we would be staying. Needing a pet friendly hotel was challenging at times as many places were pet friendly but didn’t have any pet rooms left.

We found the Rodeway Inn in Long Beach had a room. It was a basic Rodeway nothing fancy but just what we needed. King size bed, all the items you’d need- refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker etc. The location is as close to the beach as you can get.

There is a great walkway along the shoreline, for those that don’t want to walk on the actual beach. The whole Long Beach peninsula does a great job of making itself visitor friendly.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Best Western Long Beach Inn
Adrift Hotel and Spa
Adrift Hotel and Spa
#2 of 8 in Long Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!